Ein video and critique thread

UpSideDownGRUNT

1K is probably the fastest out of those 3, but I find most of the time I don't need force techs. since most people wake up kick or just get up normally.

just try not to abuse certain attacks though, Ein has a very limited move set and can become very predictable.

ugh that kills me on the inside he had more moves in doa4 oh well ill still play with him besides you can use his predictable to your advantage

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Here's a vid of a couple players from my scene going at it.

I know fuck all about using Ein competitively and am ass with Christie at the moment. Ten did such a good job critiquing my other video in the Ayane thread.

Tenryuga

Here's a vid of a couple players from my scene going at it.

I know fuck all about using Ein competitively and am ass with Christie at the moment. Ten did such a good job critiquing my other video in the Ayane thread.

Vs Christie when Ein's at range its good to use 2H+K and H+K because those stop her from blitzing him with JAK. In general when Ein picks up frame advantage from light stuns those two are strong options for him in this MU. He did a good job using 4P+K here but he has to be more careful about its placement because he gave the Christie free damage at times. When she is blitzing Ein with strings best things to do are to use 2P to crush or hold out of her offense. 3P can be used here and there as well but not too much because if he relies on it she can just JAK all day long and make it whiff completely. Same for highs. Its hard for him because he has no fast reliable answer to JAK so he has to commit to using slow tracking moves or linear attacks if he wants CH on Christie in close range.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
A few more vids involving Ein:

Glad to see a little Ein representation in my scene and look forward to learning a bit more about him in the future!

Tenryuga

@UpSideDownGRUNT

The main thing I want you to work on for now is hit confirming. You strike out of disadvantage quite often and it ends up getting you counterblown alot. Go over which of your moves are safe and learn to block, hold, fuzzy guard/ duck to avoid getting thrown or sidestep after them.

@Force_of_Nature

I want you to tell the anonymous Ein player to forget 66KKK exists in his moveset so that he starts learning how to space more efficiently. Tell him when he is at range he should use 46P, 236P (ONLY WHEN HE SEES PLAYERS APPROACHING HIM OR A TERRIBLE WHIFF), 9P / 9PK when he sees any type of movement on the screen(except JAK; You have to be mad precise to use this on JAK). 3K is a bread and butter range poke that he should use more often, P+K mixups (free cancel, no delay, delay or charged followup) as well but not as much. 4P is also good to keep players off Ein.

In the Christie MU specifically he should use H+K and 2H+K. I saw alot of 2H+K which is good. Now he should mix in H+K to avoid being predictable with 2H+K. Once he gets more used to the spacing I'll address the other parts of his game like capitalizing off his stuns or playing the stun game in general. Matter of fact I'm writing an Ein guide; I'll try to have it done this weekend.

UpSideDownGRUNT

@UpSideDownGRUNT

The main thing I want you to work on for now is hit confirming. You strike out of disadvantage quite often and it ends up getting you counterblown alot. Go over which of your moves are safe and learn to block, hold, fuzzy guard/ duck to avoid getting thrown or sidestep after them.
Haha yeah, I know I keep meaning to go into the lab but never do end up just playing something else or just play online.

I'm starting to get in the swing of everything else tough, I use more mix ups and try to bait people at a distance (as seen with Rig) I just need to learn his safe and not safe moves because I just throw out anything without really knowing if it's safe or not.

Tenryuga

Some more Ein action in the House!

Courtesy of a couple players from my scene.

I love how he won without even using any juggles. He will be a strong Ein; I can see it. Anyway against Lei fang he should avoid her at all costs in close range otherwise stuff like the first round happens. In general tell him to be more patient in his spacing and not just toss out 4P+K hoping it will hit something; which is exactly what he did here. It paid off in the end but against a more experienced player he would get punished severely. Also tell him not to complete 1KK or 1KP unless its in the stun game. 1K by itself or 1K6P strings are recommended. That's all for now. Once he gets more used to spacing he will learn the might of 3P.

:ein:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Thanks dude. I really do think that Ein suits his style. Once he gets used to his spacing, he'll be pretty beast with him. I'll also try to help him with some simple juggles when I get to play a session with him. I'll also try to condition him to whore out 2P & 3P when in close.

But you got it though, when Ein fight LeiFang in close, he gets hurts. When they fight at range, she gets hurt.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
lol I was groaning at each of those as it happened. I was trying so hard to crush them, but those have hella active frames, apparently.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Lol, That match amused the shit out of me. Great stuff from you and Gwaps dude!

Your first round was epic by the way ;).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD