Event Reminder: End of the Year Events

Another week has passed, meaning we're closer to the end of the year. This holiday season is looking mighty big for those in the offline Dead or Alive 5 competitive community. Overall, there looks to be around two majors going down that every Dead or Alive competitor should try to make it out to. As many players find though, these events aren't so much for the tournaments as they are for the casual matches before and after the tournament so there's always fun to be had by all player types.

Dead or Alive In Dallas 8 (DID8)
November 10, 2012
Holiday Inn Express
700 East Central Parkway
Plano, Texas 75074​

Joining up with Absolute Battle, Emmanuel "MASTER" Rodriguez has brought the eighth DID back with a vengeance. There will be at least a singles Dead or Alive 5 tournament with $500 worth of cash and prizes guaranteed to the top three placers. This is certainly an event that many Dead or Alive competitors call home. Easily, this is one of the top three tournaments that Dead or Alive players look forward to in the year. Not something to be missed out on.

Bar Battles 3 - Charity Fights Round 2
November 10, 2012
Copabanana
4000 spruce street
Philadelphia, PA 19104​

For those in the North East of the United States that can't make it out to DID8, a minor event is going down in the city of brotherly love. Eric "Big E" Small is running an event in the basement of a bar. Jaxel from 8WayRun will be on hand to stream the event as well. Due to it being located at a bar, there's plenty of food and drinks available for players who want to take a break from the games and socialize a bit.

North East Championships XIII (NEC13)
December 1, 2012
Holiday Inn Stadium
900 Packer Ave
Philadelphia, pa 19147​

Easily one of the top three, if not the top event, of the year. Eric "Big E" Small with Robert "The Hubbs" Hubbs will be putting on NEC13 this year on the first weekend of December. The event already has sponsors such as Bandai Namco Games and Team NINJA, and we're not even a month away from the event yet. Dead or Alive players easily are looking at this event once they recover from DID8. Keep this one on your calendars as over 300 rooms have already been reserved at the hotel, which features a sports bar and grill right next to the main event.

Wednesday Night Fights
Every Wednesday at 9PM
Super Arcade
1211 North Grand Ave.
Walnut, CA 91789​

If the once-a-year-event isn't your thing, then California has added Dead or Alive 5 to the popular Wednesday Night Fights. There, on stream, players come to show off their skill and represent their game. However, they need consistent numbers to prove that DOA5 is competitive enough to warrant their time, money, and efforts. So I suggest making it out there as often as you can, and bring a friend (and their friend, and their friend,...).

Battlefield Arcadia
October 18, 2012
True Sound Lounge: BattleField Arcadia
865 East 135th Street
Bronx, New York 10454​

Isaiah "Triforce" Johnson, Founder and CEO of Empire Arcadia, continues to support the New York Dead or Alive 5 scene by providing a near-weekly event venue for the New York crew. I heard some great things about the place from Smithy and Virtuapai's visit last week, and they even had a member of the Massachusetts crew come down to play. At the previous event, Dead or Alive 5 had the largest turnout of the three fighters available (Dead or Alive 5, Virtua Fighter 5, and Street Fighter X Tekken). If you live in the New York area and want to step your game up, I suggest going by Battlefield Arcadia to test your might.

So find some friends or family who are looking to make it out to the competitive events for the rest of the year, save some travel costs and some hotel fees by bunking up, and enjoy the game and the events most of all. For more events lined up throughout the rest of the year, be sure to check out the Events Calendar or the Tournaments board to find an event near you or start your own event.

danmit! i live in cali but im too young to travel 8 hours for a tournament once a week, even if i only go once :(. i do hope that events will be held in Yuba, Sac, Davis, those i would be able to attend more likely

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD