Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Christmas

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Racers

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

mpgeist

Standard Donor
Or is it just the case of (as it seems to be) that what ever YOU don't like, is 'wrong' for Mila!?
I've seen you make tons of statements like this, try being a little more open to other peoples options, and suggestions.
Argentus always does this. I like the dude, I really do, but I'm really fucking tired of the condescending attitude when an opinion on Mila differs from his. I'm okay with him having a different opinion but he can't stop there. He has to tell you why you're wrong about Mila as well.

Mavis

I liked the police officer ones. Bass and Rig especially look really cool in them imo.

Hayabusiness

Christmas, Ein and especially Hayate look really, really adorable :oops:

Notable mentions: Racer Tina & Lisa, Bunny & Maid Tina, Nurse Hayabusa.

Blash

Notable mentions: Racer Tina & Lisa, Bunny & Maid Tina, Nurse Hayabusa.

The maids are very passable for me, but I have and LOVE Tina's racer outfit.

Tina, as a wrestler, her attire would be flamboyant and gimmicky, thats why she is so easy (no pun intended :) ) to wrap designs around and make them look like they work. Her in ring, to day to day clothing would be OTT, and anything else (the racer is a good example) could be chalked up to a promotional stunt that 90% of pro-wrestlers spend most of their time doing.

DOA5's DLC is kinda lost, so I feel TN are just trying stuff now and see what sticks. There is hope for the next iteration in the series.

Argentus

I don't see why it being a "Hitomi thing" means no other character can use the style. Besides your example is just a recolor of one outfit 3 times and then one other outfit, I guess that makes it a Hitomi thing exclusively? I disagree, but you know, opinions.
To be fair, all of Mila's hot pants outfits are essentially just a recolor of that Hitomi outfit. A lot of Mila's dlc outfits were hand me downs from other characters.

Or is it just the case of (as it seems to be) that what ever YOU don't like, is 'wrong' for Mila!?
I've seen you make tons of statements like this, try being a little more open to other peoples options, and suggestions.
Ehm no. Its not a matter of whether you like or dislike, this comes back to me being against just generic "cute" outfits being thrown on Mila after Vanilla, rather than sticking to her initial relatively conservative and practical tomboy presentation. She started out strong, then just became another generic cute waifu with the later dlc.

The whole issue is people are throwing characterization out the window just because "oh that outfits cute!" and I'm sorry, but it gets on my nerves, especially since thats why we get all these shitty generic fetish packs instead of anything good like the Schoolgirl pack that actually fits the characters.

For the record, what set me off wasn't that MPgeist liked the outfit. That's fine, whatever, even I like a couple of the non-appropriate ones. What got under my skin was hearing (Seeing? text whatever) "I love hotpants, I think I chose the right character". It set me off because thats NOT what the character was for initially, she looked hot and badass in full clothes, but later started getting generic "short shorts and crop tops" outfits over and over and over, which doesn't really work for her character for a VARIETY of reasons (not the least of which is its terrible for her fighting style. Her knees would get scabbed up so freakin fast...).

Seriously, I want Mila to start getting pants again :( She looked so hot and badass at the same time...

Blash

The reason why I asked @Argentus , and didn't accuse is because you say stuff like:
It set me off because thats NOT what the character was for initially,
Instead of saying in your opinion. You just say its NOT for her, full stop! I respect your opinion as a fan, and you DO make good points (i.e.: her knees getting scuffed in hot pants for example), but its the way you say it.

But anyway, to get back on topic, I still feel DOA5 is still gonna get non-sensical DLC, as a test for future DLC. What ever sells will be the key judging tool as to what we will continue to get. Fingers crossed for more fan-designs...

Argentus

The sad thing is, all of these fetish packs would have been good if they'd bothered tailoring them to each character like the School pack, rather than just copypasting the same two outfits across all the girls like they did.

Like for Mila
Swimsuit - Shoulda had the hoodie over that Hitomi volleyball shirt swimsuit.
Nurse - Scrubs
Maid - Chaffeur
Overalls - Full legs on the overalls and a shirt underneath, keep the hat but wear it properly, not askew.
Sleepwear - Trade out the generic white button up, for her C2 buttonup, and the matching panty options from that outfit.
Bunny - full "swimsuit" bunny outfit. Not bikini, not short shorts and crop top...the real bunny outfit.
Police - Full western style police uniform, rather than hooker style short shorts and crop top again.
Christmas - again, trade out the skirt for some pants.
Racers - Mila would have looked AWESOME in a Lisa/Tina style full jumpsuit with the scarf, but zipped up more. Kamen rider style!

mpgeist

Standard Donor
The reason why I asked @Argentus , and didn't accuse is because you say stuff like:

Instead of saying in your opinion. You just say its NOT for her, full stop! I respect your opinion as a fan, and you DO make good points (i.e.: her knees getting scuffed in hot pants for example), but its the way you say it.

But anyway, to get back on topic, I still feel DOA5 is still gonna get non-sensical DLC, as a test for future DLC. What ever sells will be the key judging tool as to what we will continue to get. Fingers crossed for more fan-designs...
I don't even think the bare knees complaint is valid. MMA fighters have shorts cut above the knee, as does Mila's default outfit. It simply doesnt fall in line with Argentus' very specific view of Mila so it's therefore "wrong for the character." Anyway I'm done talking about this and my ignore list is one person bigger. Sorry that the thread got hijacked Banana56.

Argentus

I don't even think the bare knees complaint is valid. MMA fighters have shorts cut above the knee, as does Mila's default outfit. It simply doesnt fall in line with Argentus' very specific view of Mila so it's therefore "wrong for the character." Anyway I'm done talking about this and my ignore list is one person bigger. Sorry that the thread got hijacked Banana56.

Okay seriously stop. This isn't "my specific view" or "anything I don't like is wrong".

This is based on how her "real" (non fetish pack dlc) outfits are in HUGE contrast to the fetish packs. (which is a general issue with the dlc for all characters, especially ones like Mila or Helena who were originally not skimpy with their outfits.)

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest
They are all full, practical outfits with a sporty, boyish style to them.

There are exactly TWO "short shorts" outfits, and they seem out of place with the style of the rest of the outfits.
latest

latest

You are free to like the dlc outfits. I like a few as well. But please do NOT try to pretend that they fit the character at all, when they are quite blatantly just slapped on with no regard to the character, with the only concern being making her generically "cute" despite the actual character never being like that.

And to stay on topic, this is the same reason why most people here have answered that the Schoolgirl dlc is the best one, because its almost the ONLY one where the outfits actually suit the characters.

Out of all the 5U dlc, this is the only outfit that I feel fit the character's real style
latest

For the record, despite them not really fitting the character at all, i'm still partial to the cop, bedtime, and schoolgirl dlc, myself :) And I would have actually liked the Pumpkin outfit if you could take off the hat. And if the plastic skirt didn't look like a diaper.

KwonJigglypuff

Best "fetish" pack was the very first bikini pack. All the girls had bikinis specially choosen by the team in harmony with their personalities and bodies.

And that's still Helena's best bikini in my opinion.

Surprised we haven't seen a Bride Pack based on Samurai Warriors 4's DLC.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Best "fetish" pack was the very first bikini pack. All the girls had bikinis specially choosen by the team in harmony with their personalities and bodies.

And that's still Helena's best bikini in my opinion.

Surprised we haven't seen a Bride Pack based on Samurai Warriors 4's DLC.

I think it would be laid out like the Cheerleader/Football DLC. Brides and grooms lol.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

If done in a certain way (aka for all the roster and with outfits different between them) I think that a similar pack could end to be very good.
Yeah I wish every pack would do all the characters but it doesn't have to always be the same copy-paste thing :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD