System Free Step Dash Cancel Bug

AlexXsWx

@WAZAAAAA, what's wrong with the following ahk script, I haven't used it since maybe 2014

Code:
#NoEnv
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%
CoordMode, Mouse, Window
SendMode Input
#SingleInstance Force
SetTitleMatchMode 2
#WinActivateForce
SetControlDelay 1
SetWinDelay 0
SetKeyDelay -1
SetMouseDelay -1
SetBatchLines -1

x::
Macro2:
; A hold to access buffering / idle frame
Send, {a down}
Send, {k down}
Sleep, 50
Send, {a up}
Send, {k up}

; Buffer 66
Sleep, 380
Send, {d down}
Sleep, 16
Send, {d up}
Sleep, 17
Send, {d down}
Sleep, 17
Send, {d up}

; Press 2 before the idle frame (so that the game shows it on the idle frame)
Sleep, 16
Send, {s down}

; Press h+k 1 frame after
Sleep, 16
Send, {o down} ; (single button h+k)

; Release 2h+k
Sleep, 37
Send, {s up}
Send, {o up} ; (single button h+k)
Return

I have custom keyboard for DOA5LR and not the default key bindings
https://ghostbin.com/paste/42pks this script from @WAZAAAAA is somewhat better in terms of performance

Reactions: YEH

AlexXsWx

So do you hold, do 66 or 44 and then press down immediately before doing the move because I can't seem to do it, I've only done it once with Kokoro using her 8P move...
Input time is extremely strict, it's basically two "just frame"s in row. Something like Akira's throw on GB combined with Akira's H+K (release H after 1 frame).
You need to buffer dash during recovery of some move, then input freestep (8 or 2) on the idle frame, and input attack (p/k/etc) on the following frame.
This only applies to moves with followup

WAZAAAAA

You need to buffer dash during recovery of some move, then input freestep (8 or 2) on the idle frame, and input attack (p/k/etc) on the following frame.
that's a good ELI5 of the bug

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Well I'm booting up DOA5LR then ^.^ thank you!

So do you hold, do 66 or 44 and then press down immediately before doing the move because I can't seem to do it, I've only done it once with Kokoro using her 8P move...

Keep in mind you have to be frame perfect on this. So it's difficult to do by human hand consistently... so far.

I know I've gotten it with 41236H+P of Bass though.... that has a combo throw follow-up.... also has more than one input so wondering if each of those would need to be just framed.

YEH

Actually it seems that not all cases must be frame perfect - https://gfycat.com/HorribleSaneAmericanriverotter
Here you can see that I input "8" 1 frame after the idle, and H+K 2 frames after that and it still works

I was going to say that I've come to realize something about how many frames can you drag this and it seems there's a window at some points of up to 3 frames but I'm almost positive that a 4 frame is never gonna happen, I'm sorry that I can't share evidence but my PC is way too slow to screen capture while playin' I barely get constant 60fps, however this seems to be a too hard to even consider for online matches but good find @AlexXsWx

@WAZAAAAA if you know how to read memory I think this can be triggered with different speeds according to the games fps and lag, this will keep you busy for a while though,

WAZAAAAA

@WAZAAAAA if you know how to read memory I think this can be triggered with different speeds according to the games fps and lag, this will keep you busy for a while though,
yeah the macro stuff me and Alex are using is the lazy method aka waiting a specific number of milliseconds

If the timing really has to be frame perfect, then I'll have to do what you just said with memory reading. Gotta use an actual precise in-game frame counter (I already have the needed addresses) and put together some program to wait actual frames instead of milliseconds to avoid the unstable FPS problem

Last edited:

AlexXsWx

Input window seems to depend on some factors, like character or particular move.
When buffering after Helena's 33P, I can delay 8 and H+K by 1 frame each.
When buffering after Rig's 4H or 8P, I can't delay 8 at all, but can delay H+K by up to 4 frames

YEH

some secret discord tech:
but that's only for busa's p+k, try it with h+k and it will go same direction. or add another few frame H after release of p+k and it will go your way.
also try to do it as far as possible from opponent and it will work sometimes (maybe stance difference), the camera is suspect, just like that other glitch.

Rig's 4H 66 8 H+K. 8 on the idle frame, then 4x 16ms pause, then h+k. Did not count frames in video recording though
I can use 1,2,3 values only and depends on move, it never works on 0 or 4 or 5 for me, tested on Rig, Hayate, some Eliot, some Hayabusa.

Last thing I was trying to achieve was special moves recovery, even taunts (maybe those with multiparts like zack/leifang/nyotengu), didn't get any result yet and have to go sleep (different time zone).

And to all those who don't get it, this here will open so many options for replaying this game, guaranteed PB, guaranteed PL, guaranteed CB, guaranteed back turned combos, guaranteed patch from TN, xD.

XxNoriakixX

It is quite broken and should be patched imo. But TN is done with supporting 5 and now every character will become broken lol. Can't wait to make pressure characters out of Leifang and Daddybusa

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD