System Free Step Dash Cancel Bug

YEH

@ryu_highabusa @Lulu @Shirataki Tsume @Shen11a1 @Nuke-Nin ,

1- The main idea is that you must be inside some animation (let's call it state A), in order to buffer something
2- buffer a dash( :6::6:) or a back dash ( :4::4:).*
3- as soon as you leave state A mash free step out ( :8: ) or free step in ( :2: ).*
4- then press buttons for any move that has a followup or has followup interval in the 3rd page of move details.** & ***

* For some characters it may work on other inputs but this is the guaranteed way for initial trials.
** Some moves have a longer window of frames to input this, try for each to know, but it's always small
*** The info doesn't always reset, just use 2 different moves and see if the numbers change or not

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

1- The main idea is that you must be inside some animation (let's call it state A), in order to buffer something
3- as soon as you leave state A mash free step out ( :8: ) or free step in ( :2: ).*
4- then press buttons for any move that has a followup or has followup interval in the 3rd page of move details.**

* For some characters it may work on other inputs but this is the guaranteed way for initial trials.
** Some moves have a longer window of frames to input this, try for each to know, but it's always small
You can also do it with :6::6::6: or:4::4::4: buffer as well which imo is a milieasier to do it with xD I've also tried to simulate lag connections in training modes and such to see if it makes getting the timing easier but that method was unsuccessful on my end

Reactions: YEH

Nuke-Nin

4- then press buttons for any move that has a followup or has followup interval in the 3rd page of move details.** & ***

*** The info doesn't always reset, just use 2 different moves and see if the numbers change or not
Thank you!

Fantailler

OMG, thinkin' of how many combos that would bring to the table if there's something like pressing :3::s: triggers recovery frames canceled for next move for the cost of full meter or less, lololol

:3::s: Being a crouch dash.
Cancel into Dragon kick=Wataaaaaaaa

It seems so F****** Legit and looks damn cool tbh...

Add more-4 on Block for CD fuzzy and i'm sold.

Last edited:
Reactions: YEH

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Interesting find from ベロニカ:
https://twitter.com/RYOFU0128/status/1015208595531575296

It looks like his input string for the FSDC also comes out as a launch should the FSDC be mistimed. Just happens due to the way the string system buffer works so nothing special other than he's doing a psuedo-option-select to get a launch. Of course You can still hold the CB or the H+K launch, but is just an interesting way to use the cancel I think.

Lulu

Yep... This is going to be an Interesting Evo... I'm betting to see this being attempted many times in The early brackets.

WAZAAAAA

Maybe @WAZAAAAA will volunteer to provide an AHK version of that
@AlexXsWx I volunteered
Simple FSDC 8H+K macro which works with the 4 Core Fighters. Instructions on how to use on the first line.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/cp44s6sp8l41ii6/FSDC.ahk
script is here too
Code:
;save this file as anything.ahk, install AutoHotkey to run it, press F1 to start

;optimizations for better input accuracy
#SingleInstance Force
#NoEnv
#MaxHotkeysPerInterval 99000000
#HotkeyInterval 99000000
#KeyHistory 0
ListLines Off
Process, Priority, , R
SetBatchLines, -1
SetKeyDelay, -1, -1
SetMouseDelay, -1
SetDefaultMouseSpeed, 0
SetWinDelay, -1
SetControlDelay, -1
SendMode Input
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
WaitFrames(WaitFrames)
{
	DllCall("Sleep",UInt,WaitFrames * 17) ;how many milliseconds does a frame last
}

;This macro/script needs the game to have a keyboard as the main input device, so unplug your controllers if necessary.
;H+K/P+K are written as H#K/P#K due to technical limitations.
;Please customize these keyboard configs to match your in-game mapping.
;Default mapping is for a QWERTY keyboard - in-game TYPE-A.
H = j
P = k
K = l
P#K = u
H#K = o
T = m
Tag = i
8 = up
2 = down
4 = left
6 = right

;example script of Hayabusa/Ayane/Hayate/Kasumi doing a basic FSDC with 8H+K
$*F1:: ;the key to start executing inputs
{
;do any move to access buffering and the idle frame. A hold is good for tests because it's the same timing for every character
	send,{%4% down}
	send,{%H% down}
	WaitFrames(2)
	send,{%4% up}
	send,{%H% up}
	WaitFrames(22)
;buffer a dash (66 or 44) inside the previous move
	send,{%6% down}
	WaitFrames(2)
	send,{%6% up}
	WaitFrames(2)
	send,{%6% down}
	WaitFrames(4) ;when FSDCing with 8, waiting 3 or 4 frames here (aka same with the idle frame or the next frame) are both valid. When FSDCing with 2 it's stricter
	send,{%6% up} ;releasing 4/6 on the same frame/next frame/frame after 8 (= 3 frames) makes the idle input part become a 2-frame window instead of 1-frame. This extra leniency is not possible to obtain when you FSDC using 2
	send,{%8% down} ;we are pressing 8/2 on the idle frame here
	WaitFrames(2) ;this can be WaitFrames 1/2/3 when doing 448/668, but it has to be 1 when doing 442/662
;do any move with FOLLOWUP INTERVAL on the NEXT FRAME here
	send,{%H#K% down}
	WaitFrames(3)
	send,{%8% up} ;make sure you're holding down 8/2 for at least 3 frames, or else no FSDC
	send,{%H#K% up}
;If you intend to FSDC with 442/662 instead, releasing 6/4 and pressing 2 must NOT happen on the same frame, so you must add +1 wait frame between the two, reduce by -2 the "WaitFrames(4)", and change the 1/2/3 part to 1
}
return

$*Ins::Reload ;press Ins after editing this script to reload it and test your changes quickly (recommended)
Even if you don't want to use tool-assisted stuff, merely reading the comments in it and the frame timings can help you a lot with learning how it works. That's how I finally did it by hand, multiple times in a row even lel

Now have some clips:
Kasumi H+P infinite on Neutral Hit: https://streamable.com/ggxiw
Tina 8P infinite on Neutral Hit: https://streamable.com/jlehp
Kasumi fun 7K juggle: https://streamable.com/vozij
Hayabusa fun H+K juggle: https://streamable.com/ox25z
Hayabusa H+K "tick throw option select": https://streamable.com/t3wbb
The Free Step part of FSDC goes to the opposite way when using a move that changes stance (button display included): https://streamable.com/qypvq

Last edited:

ryu_highabusa

In case you didn't drop your /s, here's the [comment] that you overlooked again
No, I saw that, that's why I edited my response to say "Now I'm even more confused" but no one saw that. (this forum needs normal posting rules wtf)

I'm just looking for a clear and concise explanation on how to recreate this. I don't see why everyone has to be an elitist asshole and keep to themselves.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
No, I saw that, that's why I edited my response to say "Now I'm even more confused" but no one saw that. (this forum needs normal posting rules wtf)

I'm just looking for a clear and concise explanation on how to recreate this. I don't see why everyone has to be an elitist asshole and keep to themselves.
Woah, wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something? You should calm down xD

Last edited:

Nuke-Nin

Help me understand? What don't you get?
Counter ( :4: :h: )
While in the animation buffer in a dash ( :4::4:/:6::6:)
after that all you need to do is press :8: and :H+K: but the timing is very difficult on console (not to say it is a cake walk on PC but you get the idea) i'm not sure how much more broken down FSDC can get..... obviously you can use :2: and other buttons but it's up to you to test and find out which moves work

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

When you hop in training mode, turn on the move details and go to page 3 of the move details. You have to make sure the move you are doing has followup intervals. (Top left of page 3 in move details).

So for example, Mila's 2H+K would not work because it doesn't have follow up intervals, however her 3P for example has follow up intervals so this would work. To find out which moves would work (a simple way of explaining it) is if the numbers move on page 3 top left. If the numbers say 0~0, that move won't work with FSDC. If it says something like 11~21F, this would work.

YEH

No, I saw that, that's why I edited my response to say "Now I'm even more confused" ...
I'm just looking for a clear and concise explanation on how to recreate this...
1nw4qe.jpg

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!

If we were keeping it to ourselves, this many people wouldn't be able to reproduce it. Yes, the explanation is confusing. The fact is, the science behind the method is complex and for every move its a little bit different with timing. There isn't really an easy guide to it, apart from watching a video of somebody doing a specific move in training mode and emulating their timing perfectly with it.

The dumbed down version is that you do a move, and just as that move is finishing its recovery you hit :6::6::8: and input another move that happens to have a followup (Try Hayabusa's H+K). If your timing with everything is right, you get the glitch.

Is that a 100% accurate description on how it works? Not really. You could follow this exact advice and get it wrong twenty times in a row, or get it right the first try. The science explains the timing better, which is why the explanation is lengthy and confusing to begin with.

Raansu

Its also pretty unfair to say people are being elitist when this was just figured out only a few days ago. People are still trying to figure out exactly how to do it with different moves. They can't share much if they are still practicing and trying to get it down themselves.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor

So what does any of this mean?

I thought this bug would've been a game-changer for DOA but still no one's posted a practical guide or any new combos or anything. I guess it's not as useful as y'all made it seem. Bummer.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD