Free Step movement speed nerfs

Brute

Standard Donor
2D didn't even cross my mind kek, but it's cool that DOA gives you both options. People being driven away by mandatory block button is a thing.
Let them be driven away. SC and MK don't miss them. I wouldn't, either.

lolwut
the answer is because moving forward=offensive and moving back=defensive
An advancing guard would no longer relegate forward movement to being offensive. You're not dealing with strictly black and white options.
Just as a crush attack is both a defensive and offensive option, so too can movement with guards, sabakis or crushes attached.

The game punishes defense so badly already...
getting striked while back dashing = Counter Hit (or Hi Counter depending on the DOA)
getting striked while forward dashing = Neutral Hit lmfao
The idea is that DOA provides universal defensive holds, giving it much stronger defensive options than most other fighters offer. It's still skewed towards offensive gameplay, but that's a discussion for another time.

As for movement specific-stuff, yup, it's fucked. My approach for some time has been to adopt a system closer to SC's, which would help regulate some of the disparity between backwards to forwards movement. But again, it would require a lot of meticulous and attentive work, which KT has developed an allergy to.

GarryJaune

sorry I'm afraid I would fall asleep in the middle of recording because of how slow Rig takes to walk full screen
sir,pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese I'm crying
12KBS3CSZ2EPY[O`$(68OSD.jpg

NightAntilli

Nerfing a defensive/movement option that opens up (skillful) whiff punishment/dodging... in order to make the game more YOLO in-your-face offensive based.
I mean alright I guess it's no secret that they've been trying to make the game easier to play, it was in the interviews (see Fatal Rush), and every developer in the genre is doing it, but they didn't have to go this far lol.
Well... I strongly disagree. Call me crazy, but holding 7 and waiting for a whiff to counter attack is less skillful than actually needing to have proper defense to counter attack. Holding 7 is a lot easier for the defender in general. We don't need more spacing turtles in this game. That retarded overly speedy walk back even helped for dodging throws. How this mechanic is seen as some sort of skillful feature is beyond me.

I guess an overly abused overpowered mechanic has been nerfed. Maybe people will learn how to actually defend now.

WAZAAAAA

@GarryJaune literally just pick Rig and hold 7 dude what the fuck

@NightAntilli "overly abused overpowered mechanic" lmao dude you are literally making shit up on the spot please stop, nobody ever fucking did it, all good players seem to block with H, go watch any tournament footage

NightAntilli

@NightAntilli "overly abused overpowered mechanic" lmao dude you are literally making shit up on the spot please stop, nobody ever fucking did it, all good players seem to block with H, go watch any tournament footage
Well if nobody used it there's little reason to complain about the nerf.

GarryJaune

@GarryJaune literally just pick Rig and hold 7 dude what the fuck

yeah I know,and I already tested but I donno how to make comparing GIF like yours

WAZAAAAA

I never expected a degenerate Leifang main to understand anything that isn't gambling during stun and panic moves anyway don't worry

Last edited:

NightAntilli

Can't expect someone so dishonest to contradict himself in two consecutive posts to own up to his own mistakes. When one has no real counter arguments, all that is left is personal insults.

Thanks for showing your true colors. You don't care about the game. Only yourself.

Last edited:

WAZAAAAA

Are you really that fucking dense lmao it's clear that it was just hyperbole, "nobody" actually means "not many".

Brute

Standard Donor
Are you really that fucking dense lmao it's clear that it was just hyperbole, "nobody" actually means "not many".
It doesn't matter if it was "popular." Some players did use it very frequently and it was very dumb every time they did. Several of the high-level players I regularly played with used it constantly, and it was always a "brain-half-off" strategy, especially in certain MUs where trying to get in close was challenging enough already.

Also, cut back with the personal attacks. Adding some flair to a critique is one thing but childish name-calling is another.

WAZAAAAA

Just happened to revisit this thread, and lmao I guess I should add something

remember this dude saying some wild shit about free step 7 speed
I guess an overly abused overpowered mechanic has been nerfed.
I just rediscovered some years old pearl of wisdom by the same guy, subject: being CH on backdash
Not to mention it makes sense. Dashing backwards will more easily throw you off-balance if you get hit than standing still.
and right on the next post
I'd rather they fix the korean back dash

at least he's consistent with his desire to kill all defensive options lmaoaoao
ain't nobody got time to defend UNGA BUNGA

NightAntilli

Just happened to revisit this thread, and lmao I guess I should add something

remember this dude saying some wild shit about free step 7 speed

I just rediscovered some years old pearl of wisdom by the same guy, subject: being CH on backdash

and right on the next post

at least he's consistent with his desire to kill all defensive options lmaoaoao
ain't nobody got time to defend UNGA BUNGA
You really have no life that you have to dig up old stuff, and attempt to ridicule someone to pretend you somehow are more knowledgeable.

All DOA games have been way too forgiving for turtles and spacers. Try that in VF5. It doesn't work, because, you know, the game requires actual fighting skills to win, rather than running away skills.

And before you bring in whatever other game... There's a reason turtling and spacing is balanced in the likes of Street Fighter. There are enough long distance tools to make that strategy have a weakness. In DOA, these tools have no weakness, and thus they are overpowered.

Last edited:

Raansu

You really have no life that you have to dig up old stuff, and attempt to ridicule someone to pretend you somehow are more knowledgeable.

All DOA games have been way too forgiving for turtles and spacers. Try that in VF5. It doesn't work, because, you know, the game requires actual fighting skills to win, rather than running away skills.

And before you bring in whatever other game... There's a reason turtling and spacing is balanced in the likes of Street Fighter. There are enough long distance tools to make that strategy have a weakness. In DOA, these tools have no weakness, and thus they are overpowered.

I don't really agree that turtling is overpowered in DoA. I'd say its actually easier to stay in someones face and pressure them (outside of Ayane, though that's a different subject entirely).

That said, Wazaaaaa is an ass. Just put him on ignore and move on.

WAZAAAAA

this thread is an exquisite source of keks

don't worry I found it accidentally my dude, shared it on discord to have some laughs, now posting here
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Turtling Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Towards The Opponent Like Nigga Hold Forward Haha
Kekken ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Another 3D game with very little projectiles. It lets you block on back dash. Hell, it even lets you block literally by standing still.

nice clip amigo
Hey have you tried running? You do it by double tapping FORWARD and holding it the second time. You will outrun every single type of backwards movement it's pretty good!
Also, not playing 30sec/lowHP/wifi would probably help too lmao

Ya that's called a script. Wazaaa aint doing that manually.
No scripts amigo, doing it manually with my HitBox, I usually double tap the Down button while I'm holding Back, very few characters are blessed with it and Diego has probably the best Rapid Step in the game right now, here's a tutorial
But don't let NightAntilli see this or he'll spaz even harder about defense jajajaja
That said, Wazaaaaa is an ass. Just put him on ignore and move on.
can't block the truth
eb9.gif

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD