Community FSD Community Member Shout-out: Sly Bass

Just in case you haven’t noticed as of lately, FSD member and top Akira player, @Sly Bass, has been contributing some pretty cool stuff for the DOA community to check out.

Over the last few weeks, Sly has been chipping away at a DOA Player Location Map, encouraging players to add their locations, along with gamertags and PSN IDs to help build a stronger offline scene amongst players. It has been such a success so far that Team Ninja proudly retweets it every now and then on their twitter page. As a matter of fact, they even did so earlier today. Did you see?

Along with always sharing extensive Akira tips and tricks, Sly has also been putting together some rather entertaining first-to-three challenge matches over the last few months (challenge him here if you dare!), battling anyone who sends a throwdown his way. Additionally, he has also taken some extra time to cover some pretty neat stuff with Bayman and Leon.

Most recently, however, Sly has released yet another video, titled Training for Summer Jam 8, where he lends his own commentary after the match to critique his performance. He’s currently looking for feedback and would like to know if you guys would like to see similar videos in the future.

With The Fall Classic (TFC) also on the rise this October, we can’t wait to see what upcoming content Sly Bass will produce.

We say, keep the great content coming, Sly! And a BIG shout-out to you!

Sly Bass has not only given players spotlights with his FT3, created a stronger community with his wisdom and player database, but has also been very generous with his donations and is always kind and informative. Spreading the DOA word at oodles of offline events.

Sly has been a great example to the community not only in sportsmanship, but heart as well. And you just can't hate on a man that can use Akira like he does.

If there is one more man that deserves a free trip to TFC it's this guy, and Matt Ponton.

#ThankyouSly

Sly has always answered my n00b questions with patience, plays sets with me, and has helped me to continue to understand the game. Great guy! Notice me Senpai!!!

How do I add my location there? I would love to help build a offline and online scene (and community) where I am.

Kudos, Slybass. I don't know who you are but I've heard great remarks from you. And coming from a man who desires to be much closer to the community and contribute as much as I can with my own knowledge and to grow in skill for myself, I feel inspired.

Cheers!

First off, Sly you are a Boss among Bosses, i wish i had your focus!
but that said... man, i would be right there in the Atlanta crew, but i am going back overseas in 2 months which kinda sucks for my DOA career...

anywho, my Location will be [Oita, Japan]
PSN: ANIMEniac540
XBL: ANIMEniac
Arcade (JP): SuperSonic

but that said... man, i would be right there in the Atlanta crew, but i am going back overseas in 2 months which kinda sucks for my DOA career...

All good man! :D Thanks!

Got you in there for Japan. Just post in the map thread again when it changes.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD