Granblue Fantasy Versus - New Arc System Works game

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I'm repeating myself, but this game looks so pretty and charming. O: Can they please already also share more of Granblue Fantasy Relink?

Ninoasker

IMPORTANT NEWS! More details and a RELEASE DATE have been announced! The release for the game is February 6th, 2020.

The preorder bonus lets you pick one thing between 4 of the rarest items in the mobile game. The season pass bonus gives you access to a new lobby character, Macho Vyrn :p

Lastly, a new mode has been announced! The game will have a RPG mode. Even tho it’s called like that, it’s probably nothing but the “Story” Mode of Versus, just with a fancy name. It does however let you equip weapon grids, skins, abilites and it even has coop in both local and online! So a really fleshed “Story” mode for a fighting game.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
New trailer of the game:

This game looks so noice. ;__; That RPG mode, depending on how extensive it is, might lead to me buying the game after all.

And now I am praying for Granblue Fantasy Relink news!

200.gif

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I like her fire costume, it fits her really well but ... I was expecting way more from TGS. Maybe a match between Ladiva an Lowain, since we only got their trailers, some direct feed of the RPG mode ... not just a single character reveal

Anyways, Granblue Festival is next stop for this game and Re Link. It will be held in December.

Macca Beam

looks nice (if not too much like a guilty gear mod, at least model the faces differently ffs) but i guess i need to wait until the third game's fourth expansion for the roster to have all the cool characters

Jadeinchains

I'm liking the look of that metera person, She looks like shes a celebrity of the gran blue world or something, I've been semi keeping up with Versus. Not totally sure if I'm going to get it but I've been keeping up with it in part because I'm excited for the Gran blue jrpg.

Macca Beam

the design is not bad but i keep hearing the fanbase call her one of the worst characters. given the following bio i can see exactly where they're coming from rofl
An Erune woman blessed with myriad talents, chief among them the abilities to wield a magic bow and to sustain flight completely unaided. She once acted as a guardian for her home village, watching over an altar where a sinister force was enshrined. But she grew tired of the tiresome regimen and abandoned her post. Now she wanders wherever the wind takes her. Her arrows are a reflection of this freedom—unhindered by any obstacle and sure to find their target. Once she sets her eyes on a mark, there’s nowhere to hide.

Ninoasker

the design is not bad but i keep hearing the fanbase call her one of the worst characters. given the following bio i can see exactly where they're coming from rofl
An Erune woman blessed with myriad talents, chief among them the abilities to wield a magic bow and to sustain flight completely unaided. She once acted as a guardian for her home village, watching over an altar where a sinister force was enshrined. But she grew tired of the tiresome regimen and abandoned her post. Now she wanders wherever the wind takes her. Her arrows are a reflection of this freedom—unhindered by any obstacle and sure to find their target. Once she sets her eyes on a mark, there’s nowhere to hide.
One of the worst characters? lmao
What the fanbase hates is her original design in her wind form because it just doesn't fit her. People LOVE the shit out of this design, which is her fire version. And I don't see the problem with her being a flawless legend :helena:
By the way just taking her Versus bio without researching a bit more about her to call her 'one of the worst characters' is lame, the real developed stories come from the Mobage.

I'm liking the look of that metera person, She looks like shes a celebrity of the gran blue world or something, I've been semi keeping up with Versus. Not totally sure if I'm going to get it but I've been keeping up with it in part because I'm excited for the Gran blue jrpg.
Well tbf she does have fashion as one of her hobbies. She even took the role of a model to help a friend in her Christmas SSR lol

Macca Beam

i see a lot of problems with "here are 500 traits from god himself in one package because i can't risk offending my thin-skinned viewer" types and mary sues because flawlessness is inherently uninteresting, shallow, have little to no room for further development, trivial to write and extremely overdone in every media. the lowest common denominator still laps it up because it makes them feel at ease knowing this divine figure will do everything right.

versus is separate from the main game, and people who want to pick up a fighting game are unlikely to be interested in a gacha rpg. isn't it the developer's job to write proper bios instead of "go look at the lore of japanese lootbox game #4774390 to learn more"?

Last edited:

Ninoasker

i see a lot of problems with "here are 500 traits from god himself in one package because i can't risk offending my thin-skinned viewer" types and mary sues because flawlessness is inherently uninteresting, shallow, have little to no room for further development, trivial to write and extremely overdone in every media. the lowest common denominator still laps it up because it makes them feel at ease knowing this divine figure will do everything right.

versus is separate from the main game, and people who want to pick up a fighting game are unlikely to be interested in a gacha rpg. isn't it the developer's job to write proper bios instead of "go look at the lore of japanese lootbox game #4774390 to learn more"?
girl whatever u say, i ain't wasting time explaining why getting a fighting game about a franchise (that btw has, apart from the gacha game, mangas and an anime to kinda explain the story) you have no interest on diving on further than that fighting game's story/bios is a bad idea lmao.

Ninoasker

Lots of news incoming!

Character skins incoming, including skins based on other characters (like an Aglovale skin for Percival and Korwa for Metera)
IMG_20191214_132526.jpg

IMG_20191214_132531.jpg

Next, DLC characters confirmed! We will have 2 seasons (for now). The 2nd season will have Belial as its first character!
IMG_20191214_132657.jpg

As for the 1st season, we will have Chaos Bringer as the first character, he'll be the game's boss and he's being released in March! He can be unlocked for free if you complete the game's story mode tho, so it looks like Arcsys is doing the same they did with Android 21 or Goku/Vegeta Blue in DBFZ where you could just unlock them directly by purchasing them.
IMG_20191214_132723.jpg

The next character is Narmaya! Releasing also in March!
IMG_20191214_133252.jpg

For April, we have Soriz (YES BEST DADDY) and Djeeta!
IMG_20191214_133335.jpg

IMG_20191214_133337.jpg

The last character of the Season remains a mystery for now.

And now, the trailers!

DLC Characters Trailer:

Story Mode Boss Trailer (along reveal as DLC):

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I don't understand this season pass.

Chaos Bringer is an unlockable character thorugh the RPG mode but ... is he also part of the season pass?

So if you unlock him and pay the season pass, are you paying for 5 characters and getting 4? wtf?

Ninoasker

I don't understand this season pass.

Chaos Bringer is an unlockable character thorugh the RPG mode but ... is he also part of the season pass?

So if you unlock him and pay the season pass, are you paying for 5 characters and getting 4? wtf?
He is an in-disk DLC. Again, Arcsys already did this with DBFZ. They let you pay to unlock Android 21 and Goku/Vegeta Blue, even though they are unlockable by beating the Story mode (Android 21) and the Arcade (Goku and Vegeta). No idea why they do it, but hey, more power for people who don't wanna grind the RPG mode lol.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

He is an in-disk DLC. Again, Arcsys already did this with DBFZ. They let you pay to unlock Android 21 and Goku/Vegeta Blue, even though they are unlockable by beating the Story mode (Android 21) and the Arcade (Goku and Vegeta). No idea why they do it, but hey, more power for people who don't wanna grind the RPG mode lol.

This is not like DBFZ, they weren't part of Season Pass 1 unlike Chaos Bringer. These characters were "early unlock" and not SP 1 material.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

It's similar tho.

It's not.

DB FighterZ: you unlock C-21, Goku Blue and Vegeta Blue. You buy the first season pass (8 characters) = you get 8 characters

GF Versus : you unlock Chaos Bringer. You buy the first season pass (5 characters) = you get 4 characters

It would be like FighterZ and other ASW games if Chaos Bringer early unlock DLC would be a separate DLC. They are just filling the SP 1 with an unlockable character and in fact charging you for him whatever you unlock him or not.

Ninoasker

girl complain to arcsys not me, I still find it similar to what they did in FighterZ, they're still charging u for an in-disk character whether he's from the season pass or not, period.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD