Halloween Designer Challenge 2015

synce

Awesome design @Argentus, and you're too good at those chibis they always crack me up

@Kronin I like em all, but you know I was especially inspired by your Alpha. Later I'll express my support to TN with a fan art. I did modify her a bit to match my own view, but I think the spirit remains the same!

alpcrop1.png

Last edited:

JKT

I've just had a nightmare of a time getting together my costume for Momiji T^T. Much props to my sister for trying her best with the time we had DX. I literally sent it at 11.59pm >_<!

- Didn't get to refine the design properly, back of image isn't completely coloured in like the front.
- Forgot Twitter password. Tried to reset it, but then realised I forgot my gmail account to get the link to change my Twitter password. Gmail password reset is from Yahoo email. Again forgot Yahoo password (haven't used since 2009). Let's just say I'm not going to be using that Twitter account anymore DX.
- Old one in wrong format (png not jpeg) unless it was somewhere else. Maybe my phoenix costume didn't count then before? Hmm...
- Noticed at my Phoenix entry I wrote DOA5U instead of DOA5LR so I had to resend the same image but with the minute change again. Hopefully TN doesn't mind.
- Forgot to add a title to the new costume in case people don't understand it.

A complete mess...

Nonetheless here's my old and new costume for you all to see XD. Enjoy ^^!

DOA5LR Halloween Costume Contest - Phoenix Momiji by KaiWahT.jpg

DOA5LR Halloween Contest 2015 - KaiWahT.jpg

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Wait does including Ninja Gaiden things go against the rules?
I doubt it.

So long as you're making your own design rather than just using a pre-existing outfit, using elements should be fine.

TN would probably be game for it, too, since it's less modeling work on their end (they love, love, love importing NG assets as DLC).

JKT

@Kronin The costumes turned out really well! Love the detail with all the entries and I'm really glad you were able to submit them all ^^! It would be great to see them all in the game. I can't pick a favourite, because they fit so well with the character. Really well done Kronin! Hope for the best ^^!!!

Argentus

Right. But the characters in all the designs are copyrighted, too, and I can't imagine them being uppity about that.
Right. But the characters in all the designs are copyrighted, too, and I can't imagine them being uppity about that.

Sweet. Now to just figure out what the heck to do for the legs, and how to add in baste and shadow fiend parts....and I think I just figured how to include baste.

Also debating if I should switch the cape from skirt to hanging under the skull as a shoulder mantle.

Lol. I could move the eye down to a dangling belt buckle and make a chibi of Leon performing Solar Flare with a hip thrust.

SOLARFLARE.JPG

Waddya think lol (serious about thinking of switching cape to a shoulder mantle, or leave it as a battle skirt though)

Jadeinchains

I really need to stop relying so much on the alert system and start checking for posts cause I just missed over a hundred posts -_-. Anyway the outfits that I saw when I went through are really great.

Argentus

Mmmm this isn't coming out as cool as it looked in my head :(

No idea what to do for lower body either. Don't wanna just give him regular pants but I may have to.

FHLeonWIP (1).JPG

Thoughts or suggestions? I'm kinda stumped how to continue with this. I COULD go full barbarian and no pants, just the leather underoos and go barefoot, I suppose.

Rawbietussin

Mmmm this isn't coming out as cool as it looked in my head :(

No idea what to do for lower body either. Don't wanna just give him regular pants but I may have to.

View attachment 11669

Thoughts or suggestions? I'm kinda stumped how to continue with this. I COULD go full barbarian and no pants, just the leather underoos and go barefoot, I suppose.

Is he suppose to have his sidebulge peek out? I suppose you could have him wear knee-length boots or gladiator sandals. ( something similar to Rock's fuzzy leg warmer sandals from SCIV lol)

UpSideDownGRUNT

Either I'm mildly dyslexic from just waking up or my eyes are trying to tell me something cuz I swear that Honoka one saod Android Slut instead of Android Suit for a second....

Argentus

Is he suppose to have his sidebulge peek out? I suppose you could have him wear knee-length boots or gladiator sandals. ( something similar to Rock's fuzzy leg warmer sandals from SCIV lol)
The leather bulge is just a visual placeholder until I could think of something else lol.

Yeah I'm just thinking...without pants he may be too "top heavy". That's what the skirt is supposed to prevent but not sure if it worked.

Ugh. 9pm. I have three hours to finish this and two other designs :( obviously not gonna be able to make them look nice but I should at least be able to get them done. Gonna submit to Facebook then also submit ALL my designs in a single email before midnight :)

RetroMe91

Well I just put my last entry in. It is a bit sloppy and a bit rushed, but I still think it is cute. Hehe. Probably my second favorite of my own designs. It isn't really in the Halloween theme, but I think Honoka needs an idol costume (as does Marie Rose, Phase-4, Nyotengu, and the guys). Well here it is:
image.jpg

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Reminds me of Rouge the Bat from Sonic the Hedgehog... lol
Rouge_17.png

Also, I don't think you can use the Batman logo >__>
i guess it's easy to draw comparison from similar concepts, so far i've gotten Jenny the bat and now rouge lol
theres a billion freaking bat symbols there was no way around it >.<
evolution-of-batman-logos.jpeg
or maybe im not being creative enough..
its whatever i did this for fun anyways, good luck to all :)

synce

Well I just put my last entry in. It is a bit sloppy and a bit rushed, but I still think it is cute. Hehe. Probably my second favorite of my own designs. It isn't really in the Halloween theme, but I think Honoka needs an idol costume (as does Marie Rose, Phase-4, Nyotengu, and the guys). Well here it is:
View attachment 11673

I can't not love fishnets.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD