Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Thread

Banana56

This is the official Hatsune Miku: Project Diva thread where you can talk about any Hatsune Miku game.

There are two games coming out.

One is Project Diva X for PS4./PS Vita, which has already released in Japan and will release in the west on August 30th. The demo is already out.

The other one is Project Diva Future Tone which is also for PS4/PS Vita which has been released in Japan months ago and likely will be released in the west sometime this/next year. The game comes in two packs

• Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone – Future Sound will include 120 songs focused on the Hatsune Miku: Project Diva home console series.
  • Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone – Colorful Tone will include 100 songs focused on the arcade game and 3DS Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai series.

Jadeinchains

Yes! I've been waiting on it's western release for ages! I was going to get Project Diva X but I'm going to wait for this. Good thing it's soon. I saw that for the Asian version you had to buy the two packs separately so for the western release it's just one thing? I hope they release dlc for it.

DedUp

Thank god for that. I was getting antsy watching videos and streams of it to the point where I was contemplating getting a Japanese PSN account to download it. Now I don't have to do that and January 10 isn't that far away at all..

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I've been wanting to get this game for some time now, but buying PSN cards for my other account is too pricey, so I was really hoping this would happen.

I saw that for the Asian version you had to buy the two packs separately so for the western release it's just one thing?

The localized version will have the same two separate packs as well, but we're also getting a bundle of the two for a discounted price.

You have to download the base game, which is free and has two songs. Then you buy the Future Sound and/or Colorful Tone packs, which each add over 100 songs and a ton of modules.

I hope they release dlc for it.

The Asian version has a season pass for new songs and modules, so I'd imagine we will as well.

Banana56

I can't wait for this to release, Future Tone has so much content plus the graphics are amazing :cool:

Jadeinchains

It is free to download and you get a few songs. The rest you can pay through the 1-2 packs ;)

Is it digital only? If you get a few songs for free I'll definitely go check it out, I've been a fan of Hatsune Miku for ages but have only ever got Mirai DX so It will be great to have a project diva game especially since this seems like the ultimate one.

Banana56

Is it digital only? If you get a few songs for free I'll definitely go check it out, I've been a fan of Hatsune Miku for ages but have only ever got Mirai DX so It will be great to have a project diva game especially since this seems like the ultimate one.

I think so. And yeah I've played the Hatsune Miku Project Diva F series so I'm very much looking forward to this one.

There is going to be a ton of content in this game from over 200 songs to tons of customization.

Can't wait to download it.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I want to try the Miku games, but, I hate how the UI is. Its a visual cluster fuck with buttons, effects and miku in the background all being super distracting.

A real shame, if it played like iM@S or something it'd be more tolerable

Banana56

I want to try the Miku games, but, I hate how the UI is. Its a visual cluster fuck with buttons, effects and miku in the background all being super distracting.

A real shame, if it played like iM@S or something it'd be more tolerable

Playing it now, it takes practice because it's pretty complex lol. Playing it as is could be distracting, than add the MV and it's very distracting.

I still hope IM@S will get localized

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
The patches that were available for the JP/Asian version of the game are built-in to this release, but there's no season pass available, so I have no idea if we'll be getting the DLC later on. Maybe we will, but we just won't get the season pass for some reason.

There's also a $13 unlock key that instantly unlocks all the modules, but I strongly encourage everyone to pass on that because it's pretty easy to unlock everything on your own and $13 is ridiculously overpriced for that.

It seems that way at first, but it's really not an issue. Future Tone's base game is free, so I'd suggest giving it a try if you're really interesting. FT is also said to be harder than previous entries in the series though.

Banana56

Any of these games any good? Just looking for a good rhythm game.

Playing Project Diva Future Tone now, it's great and fun. I strongly recommend it

The base game is free so you could try it now to see if you like it or not

The patches that were available for the JP/Asian version of the game are built-in to this release, but there's no season pass available, so I have no idea if we'll be getting the DLC later on. Maybe we will, but we just won't get the season pass for some reason.

There's also a $13 unlock key that instantly unlocks all the modules, but I strongly encourage everyone to pass on that because it's pretty easy to unlock everything on your own and $13 is ridiculously overpriced for that.

It seems that way at first, but it's really not an issue. Future Tone's base game is free, so I'd suggest giving it a try if you're really interesting. FT is also said to be harder than previous entries in the series though.

Agreed, plus it's much more fun unlocking molecules than just buying them

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD