Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Thread

DedUp

I grabbed the full bundle as soon as I got home from work. Unfortunately my internet here is pretty craptastic so it may not actually finish downloading for a day or 2.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I actually played FutureTone when it first came out in Japan, thats exactly why I said it was too much of a visual cluster fuck.

I think I played on easy, but my eyes just can't keep up with the notations darting everywhere. Linear notations like other games would be perfectly fine.

SilverForte

I played the demo. Maybe if I was interested in this kind of music I'd pay money for it, but eh. Is the music in the demo a good representation of what the rest of the game will offer?

Banana56

I played the demo. Maybe if I was interested in this kind of music I'd pay money for it, but eh. Is the music in the demo a good representation of what the rest of the game will offer?

Not really, there is a lot of diversity in the game (especially with over 200 songs)

One of my favs from what I saw

This one seems like it'll be fun to play through

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor

Personally, I'm not a fan of either of the songs in demo either. The game has 224 songs to play though and there's a decent amount of diversity in there, but if you really don't like vocaloid music at all, I'm not sure how much they'll do for you.

Here's the full song list if you want to look through it and search for some of them on YouTube.

This is a pretty popular one and one of the better ones, in my opinion. A bit darker than the usual Miku song.

This one seems like it'll be fun to play through

It might be, but I find the song itself to be incredibly obnoxious.

DedUp

Well the demo part finished downloading for me so I was able to play that. This game definitely seems tougher than the other Project Diva games I played on the consoles. Of course I suck pretty bad at rhythm games in general so I may end up having to play on easy. Fortunately I enjoy listening to the vocaloid songs so I probably won't get too frustrated playing it.

Kyo

I want to try the Miku games, but, I hate how the UI is. Its a visual cluster fuck with buttons, effects and miku in the background all being super distracting.

A real shame, if it played like iM@S or something it'd be more tolerable

Totally agree, the backgrounds in Hatsune is quite distracting from my experience in playing both Project DIVA f and Future Tone, but the song list is so damn catchy and music video is great which can give me feels. I wanted to try im@s for a very long in which I really wanted to try platinum stars, but the biggest turn off for me in seriously getting into or playing the games was the story mini games and then the OCD DLCs.

Banana56

Personally, I'm not a fan of either of the songs in demo either. The game has 224 songs to play though and there's a decent amount of diversity in there, but if you really don't like vocaloid music at all, I'm not sure how much they'll do for you.

Here's the full song list if you want to look through it and search for some of them on YouTube.

This is a pretty popular one and one of the better ones, in my opinion. A bit darker than the usual Miku song.

It might be, but I find the song itself to be incredibly obnoxious.

It's obnoxious, but that's kinda what makes it fun for me lol

Plus the MV looks funny

SilverForte

Yeah just not a fan of the electronica vocal stuff, which is fine.

Hope you all enjoy the game.

I should check out the ff theatrhythm games.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Totally agree, the backgrounds in Hatsune is quite distracting from my experience in playing both Project DIVA f and Future Tone, but the song list is so damn catchy and music video is great which can give me feels. I wanted to try im@s for a very long in which I really wanted to try platinum stars, but the biggest turn off for me in seriously getting into or playing the games was the story mini games and then the OCD DLCs.
Not sure what you mean by mini games(unless thats something in.PS haven't personally played that one) but the DLC practices are abysmal lol. 2 songs, a costume and matching accessories for 7000-9000(pretty much buying the game over) yen every month lmao

Back on Topic:
Pretty much everything except that actual rythem game appeals to me in Miku but oh well. Guess these games arent for me

Jadeinchains

Okay that's me got it! I decided to get the bundle. I was going between it but I decided too, its downloading just now! :D

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
They've announced that the DLC and the season pass will be coming to the west as well. Pack 1, 2, and 3 will be out in early February, March and April and will be $10 each. The season pass will release alongside pack 1 and will be $25.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017...oject-diva-future-tone-out-today-on-ps-store/

Also it's weird that this game doesn't have a platinum trophy. The base game has 8 bronze trophies and FS/CT each add 1 gold, 2 silver and 3 bronze. They're all stupidly easy to get too, though the ones for watching 39 FS videos and 39 CT videos are going to be annoying because of how long it'll take to do that.

DedUp

Now that I've had some time to play the full the game, I think I'm going to start on the easy level and work my way up from there. I was able to make things a little easier on myself by changing the arrow icons back to the button symbols but I still can get mixed up on the slides and the multi-button presses (yeah, I really am not that good at these games).

One thing I see they added is that on a couple of songs you can actually change the voice of the vocaloid singing on a few of the songs. Being able choose any vocaloid for a song and have them sing it in their own voice has been my #1 wish for the series since I discovered it. Right now its only limited to a few songs having two or three vocaloid options but its a good start. Hopefully this will be expanded upon in the future.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I was able to make things a little easier on myself by changing the arrow icons back to the button symbols but I still can get mixed up on the slides and the multi-button presses (yeah, I really am not that good at these games).

Alternatively you can also make them all arrows and see if that makes it even easier. It might, since you don't need to recognize the button symbols that way.

DedUp

Alternatively you can also make them all arrows and see if that makes it even easier. It might, since you don't need to recognize the button symbols that way.
I actually think the button symbols are easier for me since I'm more used to them from the previous games. I've also played so much Playstation over the years that I pretty much know those symbols by instinct. One of my main issues with the arrow icons was that I would get them confused with the slides.

Kyo

I went ahead and just bought the Future Sound Add-On. With the exception of World's End Hall Dance, it has all of my favorite songs from project diva f and also I'm glad that I waited out on F2nd too because I was interested in a several songs plus rolling girl was a payable dlc so that was another let down. I would of got colorful tone, but I would of wasted more than $50 or another $30 on playing 3 interesting songs on the list which were the one I mentioned plus Romeo & Cinderella and The World is Mine. I don't regret and very satisfied in buying that only add-on so I'll pass on the colorful tune and season pass.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I got all the trophies in Future Tone about a week ago and got over 100 neat loading screen images in the process.

Acquired all modules and accessories and unlocked most of the extreme charts, but there are a few more I still need to unlock. Been tackling the extreme difficulty too and managing well enough on the lower level ones (up to 7 stars), but still haven't perfected any of them yet. I've also gotten better at dual wielding, but I still need more work. Been trying to apply the L2/R2 alternating trick to maximize hold notes as well.

I also tried out playing the game will all of the button icons as just arrows and that's actually helped out a lot too. Cuts down on the time your brain has to use to recognize what you need to press.

Overall enjoying the game and looking forward to getting the season pass in a few weeks. How's everyone else doing in FT?

Last edited:

Kyo

I got all the trophies in Future Tone about a week ago and got over 100 neat loading screen images in the process.

Acquired all modules and accessories and unlocked most of the extreme charts, but there are a few more I still need to unlock. Been tackling the extreme difficulty too and managing well enough on the lower level ones (up to 7 stars), but still haven't perfected any of them yet. I've also gotten better at dual wielding, but I still need more work. Been trying to apply the L2/R2 alternating trick to maximize hold notes as well.

I also tried out playing the game will all of the button icons as just arrows and that's actually helped out a lot too. Cuts down on the time your brain has to use to recognize what you need to press.

Overall enjoying the game and looking forward to getting the season pass in a few weeks. How's everyone else doing in FT?
Congrats on the 100 percent and clearing the songs on higher difficulty. I'm having fun with the game. So far I cleared 123 out 124 song without no fail safe mode in Future sound. I'm having trouble NegiPosi Continues on normal which I had to is the only time I had to use no fail safe mode to clear the song stage which is funny because I had no trouble clearing it in project diva f with the exception of hard when I was tackling all hard mode songs. I unlocked almost all modules (swimsuits and misc in progress) and still need unlock all accessories which I'll probably do when I play the songs on hard, but I still need to get use to the 5.5 - 6 speed on normal songs first though. At least I finally got the directional buttons and slider buttons memorized during active events so it's no longer a problem for me to perform without panicking or screwing up. I may end up getting colorful tone sometime later between this upcoming month or March. In my opinion, Future Tone is one of the best games I've played so far in 2017

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
So far I cleared 123 out 124 song without no fail safe mode in Future sound.

I've never used no fail mode. If I need to practice something or make sense of how the notes are flowing onto the screen at certain parts of a song (some songs have irregular patterns on hard and extreme), I launch the practice mode and skip to the segment of the song that bothers me. This is a really cool tool. I love that they put it in.

I'm having trouble NegiPosi Continues on normal which I had to is the only time I had to use no fail safe mode to clear the song stage

That's one of the few I still need to get the extreme chart for. I haven't cleared it on hard yet, but I feel like I could get it down if I played it more often. I've gotten through most of it.

I unlocked almost all modules (swimsuits and misc in progress) and still need unlock all accessories which I'll probably do when I play the songs on hard, but I still need to get use to the 5.5 - 6 speed on normal songs first though.

I did the accessories after I got all the modules and when hunting modules I saved the swimsuits for last since they're so expensive. I wanted to clean up all the cheaper modules first. And now, after getting everything, I have thousands of VP just piling up, waiting for the new modules in the DLC, assuming you have to unlock those too.

As for the difficulty, I definitely recommend making the jump to hard/extreme as soon as possible. I don't like easy or normal at all since they don't follow the rhythm of the song as well. Once you move on to the harder charts, the game is a lot more fun. I completely skipped easy and only played normal for a short while just to get acquainted with the new mechanics (coming from Project Diva X, which is the only other game I've played), then immediately switched to hard.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD