Hayate in DOA5U

Shaded

Cool stuff, thanks for that. If holding 6 after 4P does auto wind dash then that'd actually be pretty cool. There probably is and I just missed it, but is there a sort of combo guide with data like optimal combos from blank, or something like that?

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
6P+K only does the wind dash. You need P+K to get the launcher.
I'm pretty sure that doing 4P does an automatic transition into wind dash when you hold 6, but I could be wrong.

no it doesn't, you after 4p you have to 6p+k k

and yea I forgot to add the p+k for launcher, i suck at writing combos lol

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Okay. Haven't played in a while. :/

its all good :)

its weird when trying to write combos because like my muscle memory does all the button pushing for me during combos and I don't think of it and so when I try to write combos I have to think really hard of what inputs I did during the combo lmao, I do the same combos all the time but when it comes down to writing it I have like no idea of the inputs lol XD

Omega SYSP

Standard Donor
Hey guys i found some interesting stuff tonight ! You can add :hayate: :6::6::K: to some of his combos (Just for variation I might add, not always the best damage) From any of his advanced high kick holds or his Naraku throw (If you can get max high or really close to it through use of the stun threshold it works as well). Try some of these out guys and let me know what you think ! for mids and light weights

1. Naraku,:6::6::K:,:8::P:,:P::P::6::P::K:
2. Naraku,:6::K:,:6::6::K:,:3::3::K::K:
3. Naraku,:6::6::K:,:6::6::K::K::K:
4. Naraku,:6::6::K:,:236::K:
5. Naraku,:6::6::K:,:7::P:(Charge :P:)

From Advanced mid kicks

1. Subaru,:6::6::K:,:P::P::6::P::K: (:P::P::2::K::P:.:P::P::K::K:,:P::P::6::P::P:)
2. Subaru,:9::P:,:6::6::K:,:7::K:

CBB

So can we get any useful info or strats going? Hayate seems to have horrible mix-up options. Maybe some character specific advice would be a good/bad place to start? His mid level shit just seems too easy to hold. Any advice?

BlankOctober

Standard Donor
Hey guys i found some interesting stuff tonight ! You can add :hayate: :6::6::K: to some of his combos (Just for variation I might add, not always the best damage) From any of his advanced high kick holds or his Naraku throw (If you can get max high or really close to it through use of the stun threshold it works as well). Try some of these out guys and let me know what you think ! for mids and light weights

1. Naraku,:6::6::K:,:8::P:,:P::P::6::P::K:
2. Naraku,:6::K:,:6::6::K:,:3::3::K::K:
3. Naraku,:6::6::K:,:6::6::K::K::K:
4. Naraku,:6::6::K:,:236::K:
5. Naraku,:6::6::K:,:7::P:(Charge :P:)

From Advanced mid kicks

1. Subaru,:6::6::K:,:P::P::6::P::K: (:P::P::2::K::P:.:P::P::K::K:,:P::P::6::P::P:)
2. Subaru,:9::P:,:6::6::K:,:7::K:

Just for clarification, he means the Nakiryu launch throw (:426::H+P:). Naraka (:4::H+P:) doesn't have follow-ups. And you're neutral after it.

Also, his :236::P: does not, I repeat, DOES NOT GB ANYMORE! Plus it's -10 at tip, -11 close. Be careful.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD