Hayate in DOA5U

Tenryuga

I wouldn't expect any buffs because he is high tier in japan and TN listens to them over U.S. Also as he is right now he is very much viable so that only helps their case. There could still be some things done to make him more solid though like 4H+K coming back.

Nightpup

Just found something amazing!
So, Hayate's Nakiryu(the "new" combo throw) does 70 points of damage. On Hi-counter it does 104.
I went in the lab to try and find a juggle off of the initial launch that is stronger than that. After half an hour, I found one. Works on Light and mid weights, haven't tested heavy yet.
:426::H+P:, :4::K::6::K:, :6::6::K::K::K:. 73 points of damage. 109 on Hi-counter.
Against Alpha: :426::H+P:, :4::K::6::K:, :6::K:, :P::P::6::P::K: 75 points of damage. 112 on Hi-counter.

Last edited:

TakedaZX

Just found something amazing!
So, Hayate's Nakiryu(the "new" combo throw) does 70 points of damage. On Hi-counter it does 104.
I went in the lab to try and find a juggle off of the initial launch that is stronger than that. After half an hour, I found one. Works on Light and mid weights, haven't tested heavy yet.
:426::H+P:, :4::K::6::K:, :6::6::K::K::K:. 73 points of damage. 109 on Hi-counter.
Against Alpha: :426::H+P:, :4::K::6::K:, :P::P::6::P::K: 75 points of damage. 112 on Hi-counter.
Yea, we picked that one up back in DOA5. PL was the only one who really used it. I preferred the stronger one though (4K6K, 8P, PP6PK which I suppose is the juggle you meant because there's no way 4K6K, PP6PK is over 70 by itself. You need the 8p. Unfortauntely that juggled only works when you're hugging the wall though.

DeathHand

I hope I can ask this here,if not tell me and Ill delete this mensage.
I need help/tips on how to fight rachel using hayate, everything she does seems to have no punishment, even her ground attack can be canceled, its very anoying because one simple mistake and Im in the air getting max damage thanks to that stupid air grab of hers =7 Im realy desperate because I can usualy figurite out characters week points on my own, but with this character no matter how mutch I fight against her I cant find her week spots...she must have a few I hope =P

TakedaZX

There's a universal way of playing against Rachel: Don't let her touch you. If you are touched, you have failed and you are now in the blender...

Tech away from her ground stomps (not into the foreground which is :2: or the background which is :8:, you need to tech back :4:. By doing this you unsolidify her advantage and also take away the slight chip damage she'd get from hitting you with the ground attack.

Punish unsafe moves like 1PP, 7K, etc. If you have the full game, go to the lab and check what's unsafe (which would be -8 or more). With Hayate you can get by with 6T punishing but 66T will give you a few more points of damage as will 236T, 7K. If you constantly punish her unsafe moves, eventually she'll think before trying to string you out.

If you keep her on the defensive you'll make things easier for yourself. You can do this by playing high pressure (considering she's supposed to be slower than him), and keeping her locked down with guard breaks while also controlling space with Hayate's moderately good keep out and great intrusion game (with 3h+k, 236k, 66p, and wind dash mix-ups).

As long as you're controlling space you should be able to force her to work on your terms.

DeathHand

There's a universal way of playing against Rachel: Don't let her touch you. If you are touched, you have failed and you are now in the blender...

Tech away from her ground stomps (not into the foreground which is :2: or the background which is :8:, you need to tech back :4:. By doing this you unsolidify her advantage and also take away the slight chip damage she'd get from hitting you with the ground attack.

Punish unsafe moves like 1PP, 7K, etc. If you have the full game, go to the lab and check what's unsafe (which would be -8 or more). With Hayate you can get by with 6T punishing but 66T will give you a few more points of damage as will 236T, 7K. If you constantly punish her unsafe moves, eventually she'll think before trying to string you out.

If you keep her on the defensive you'll make things easier for yourself. You can do this by playing high pressure (considering she's supposed to be slower than him), and keeping her locked down with guard breaks while also controlling space with Hayate's moderately good keep out and great intrusion game (with 3h+k, 236k, 66p, and wind dash mix-ups).

As long as you're controlling space you should be able to force her to work on your terms.

many thanks men,I do have the full game, Ill have to check her frame data and practice what you told me(something I dont do, I just try to practice/learn "what beats what", takes less time in my prespective) , im only able to win against a player using her by keeping a safe distance like you said, but if I get to close Im usualy done xD
I usualy try to rely on reflexes instead of good guessing but shes not slow like other heavy heights (bayman for exemple) and that makes things dificult for me because I have bad guessing =P thanks again

TakedaZX

many thanks men,I do have the full game, Ill have to check her frame data and practice what you told me(something I dont do, I just try to practice/learn "what beats what", takes less time in my prespective) , im only able to win against a player using her by keeping a safe distance like you said, but if I get to close Im usualy done xD
I usualy try to rely on reflexes instead of good guessing but shes not slow like other heavy heights (bayman for exemple) and that makes things dificult for me because I have bad guessing =P thanks again
Well the problem you face when up close is that you probably don't know when [to] and [not to] attack. That's something you have to learn over time from playing the game. Personally, I feel like if I truly spent time breaking down Rachel, I'd enjoy playing in her face more than I already do, but either way its not too hard.

Tenryuga

Well the problem you face when up close is that you probably don't know when [to] and [not to] attack. That's something you have to learn over time from playing the game. Personally, I feel like if I truly spent time breaking down Rachel, I'd enjoy playing in her face more than I already do, but either way its not too hard.

Lol Rachel is free to Hayate now.

TakedaZX

I wish 1PP was a 2-in-1 again.
Same here, but even more so than that I wish it came out a bit quicker so that it can't be interrupted. 9i jab or not, it makes a difference, especially when the 1P is thrown out on hit confirm.

Cloud IV

Is there an easy way or shortcut to do the Raijin now? i find it difficult to get the last part in there...

Cloud IV

Using analog sticks for last input or use the DS4 if on ps3[/quote]
Thanks man. i never even thought to do that.

Shaded

Any idea if Arcade edition will come with a balance patch?
And because I'm not sure where to ask this, what's Hayate's optimal damage combo after critical burst? I've played around with a few ideas, but I wanted to get in the habit of doing his optimal stuff now or I probably won't ever lol.

^^^And sick Raijin vid bro

Jaguar360

Any idea if Arcade edition will come with a balance patch?
And because I'm not sure where to ask this, what's Hayate's optimal damage combo after critical burst? I've played around with a few ideas, but I wanted to get in the habit of doing his optimal stuff now or I probably won't ever lol.

^^^And sick Raijin vid bro
I don't know for sure, but I think it is:
:6::P+K::5::P+K:, :4::P::5::6::P+K::5::K:, Back turned :7::K:

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD