Hayate v1.03

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Yeah I have 3 morning classes in my way. Then spent time on homework so I won't have anything standing in my way. But yeah I'm glad stuck with & kept him.

Nate

Worse case scenario, I've been planning to buy the game for my PS3 anyways, just to be able to play with anyone I talk to on here; but I work that day, so around 5pm EST~ I will begin some research as well.

Everyone in college make sure you don't do anything stupid :)

Murakame

Ok some bad news. P+K sitdown is +29 no SE, +20 fastest SE but it knockdowns in stun. Zeo was right and we can connect a 3K after P+K but not another P+K after 3K because its out of range. I believe the only move that will hit is 66P. Also 3K is +23 fastest SE as a sitdown stun.

Now for a combo off P+K:

Tested on hayabusa P+K 3K 66PK PPP 7K 116 damage

Also 4P 6P+K K is essentially a replacement for 8P off max height juggles so I trust you guys know when you would be able to use it. Here a day 1 CB combo off it.

Also tested on Hayabusa 6PP 3P CB 8P+K P+K 4P 6P+K K 7K. 145 damage

In general it seems 4P 6P+K K 7K has become the max damage ender for any max height juggle where 8P is not the initial launcher.

Wind dash K can still launch it seems. I did 6P 3P PP2K 6P+K K and got a launch but this only works on non SE ing opponents.

TakedaZX

Ok some bad news. P+K sitdown is +29 no SE, +20 fastest SE but it knockdowns in stun. Zeo was right and we can connect a 3K after P+K but not another P+K after 3K because its out of range. I believe the only move that will hit is 66P. Also 3K is +23 fastest SE as a sitdown stun. I will edit with more info im just eager to post lol. Stay tuned.
Any unlisted new cancels into the wind dash?

Zeo

Guaranteed CB off of 3K. Anyone else having problems getting the Raijin to buffer correctly.
1P puts you into a sit-down state (despite not getting anything guaranteed off of it). If the opponent gets hit by 3K after 1K in stun, does it put them into the sit-down state?

TakedaZX

1P puts you into a sit-down state (despite not getting anything guaranteed off of it). If the opponent gets hit by 3K after 1K in stun, does it put them into the sit-down state?
Yea 1p is just a trip stun. As with the upper cut stuns they only put off holding for a a few seconds. Regardless, to answer your question, the trip stun considers them in crouching giving you the 3k sit down opportunity. I just tried it as you asked too. 3k is going to be deadly shit.

Zeo

Yea 1p is just a trip stun. As with the upper cut stuns they only put off holding for a a few seconds. Regardless, to answer your question, the trip stun considers them in crouching giving you the 3k sit down opportunity. I just tried it as you asked too. 3k is going to be deadly shit.
I do 1P into 3K in strings as muscle memory already, this is about to get very fun indeed.

TakedaZX

Unfortunately the bad news I have is that it seems there's been some mistake. It was stated that all vertical drop kicks would give an untechable knockdown. This holds untrue as the computer has teched up from 33kk, 9kkk, and 4kk. I'm not gunna lie, maybe you guys might like Hayate... but I still feel like he's only half full, but whatever.

Zeo

Unfortunately the bad news I have is that it seems there's been some mistake. It was stated that all vertical drop kicks would give an untechable knockdown. This holds untrue as the computer has teched up from 33kk, 9kkk, and 4kk. I'm not gunna lie, maybe you guys might like Hayate... but I still feel like he's only half full, but whatever.
Could just be the AI teching faster than humanly possible. You may want to test it in a match.

Murakame

Guaranteed CB off of 3K. Anyone else having problems getting the Raijin to buffer correctly.

I'm having problems too. I got the throw once out of maybe 20 tries. It randomly drops at the first part and I've tried every possible combination for the second. They give so much time for it yet nothing happens.

TakedaZX

I'm having problems too. I got the throw once out of maybe 20 tries. It randomly drops at the first part and I've tried every possible combination for the second. They give so much time for it yet nothing happens.
Yea... exactly. These are the same problems I faced in DOA4. Eventually I got hold of the second part, but the third part has never been completed by me. Diagnols are damn near impossible to perfect on default controllers which is why my input looks like 41236T ~ 4682T ~ (9)423(1)4183831(7)42(3)

Tokkosho

in DoA4 i used some trick i saw on youtube, for the second part use the analog and for the last part use the right analog, i thought it would feel really weird but it felt pretty natural so it may help you guys.

ScattereDreams

CH 3PP into 3k into 7p..... MY GOODNESS!!

I also think his SS_P is better than his 2_8p+kp since it puts the opponent into a sit down stun. He can then follow up with 3k and if you dash asap after the recovery, 8p is guaranteed. Hayate is really looking strong in this patch.

Jin Masters

That all depends bud. Remember that SD stuns can be SE'd, which means those setups specifically could be all for nothing.

On top of that P+K has ass range, so changing 3K into that might be a hassle because I'm almost sure that 3K will have an exceptional amount of push back calling for you to dash in after it or only having enough advantage/range for a certain launcher, which I would imagine would be 8p or 9k.

We'll see though, I'd like P+K into 3k at least.

There's p+k in combo should land a sitdown. Only reason it wouldn't is. Wether their back is to a wall or if the attack would pass the stun threshold. But doing p+k after another sitdown will not be guaranteed (slow escaped) because how slow move is. And I don't see p+k viable as a poke because its punishable unlike its doa4 counterpart. With all that said Hayate does not need to play the stun game. So giving the opponent opportunity to hold is a bad idea

TakedaZX

It's nice. He's got a raeson to make you duck now, and when you do he punishes you for it. How amazing.

Regardless. I'm borderline quitting at this game. I'll still work on tech, I finally landed the Raijin a few times... it's way too strict for 6 more points of damage... why can't it just be 41236T ~ 6482T ~ 23698741T

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD