Hayate v1.03

Zeo

It's nice. He's got a raeson to make you duck now, and when you do he punishes you for it. How amazing.

Regardless. I'm borderline quitting at this game. I'll still work on tech, I finally landed the Raijin a few times... it's way too strict for 6 more points of damage... why can't it just be 41236T ~ 6482T ~ 23698741T
Borderline quitting huh? Patch didn't do you justice eh?

Nate

I went and purchased DOA5 for PS3 just to check out the patch. My PS3 has only been powered on once ever. Still downloading System Updates... been awhile... haha!

I like the way the following combo looks on lights:

9P, 1P, 3K, 7P, 4P~Wind Dash 6P+K K, PPKK

Just got the PS3 patched and online. Any good stuff to share tonight?

Nate

The moment you 9P and free cancel you open yourself up to be held. If you land 9P it'd be best to do the second the P because the sting is a natural combo.

I don't get your angle. That's next to no damage. I'll go for the numbers on this one. 9P was just an example of an opening deep stun anyways.

If they low counter, 3K is going to wreck them.

TakedaZX

I don't get your angle. That's next to no damage. I'll go for the numbers on this one. 9P was just an example of an opening deep stun anyways.

If they low counter, 3K is going to wreck them.
unless 9pp wall splats. Free 6p pp6pk/pp6pk.

I get your angle though Nate and his. 9pp is guaranteed damage mang, but if you want to extend that stun, go right ahead. It's your right to take risk if you feel it.

Nate

At the wall I agree 100%!

I got the Raijin down finally. I never play on PS3, either. Prob would have got it quicker with the 360 pad since I'm used to it. The key is not to input the buttons early at all.

My "rule of thumb" is on the 2nd part do not input anything until you're rolling on the ground and it clearly has "combo throw" entirely on the screen (not sliding onto the screen), this part is easy. I use the D-pad for all parts.

For the last part, do the same thing -- do not enter ANYTHING until your first attack lands. Works like a charm.

So what sick combos and setups are you guys using?

TakedaZX

This ones from Silent Legend. Ceiling Combo. All guaranteed (except at the wall because both SD stuns wall splat.

41236T C!, 214p, 3k, 7p CB!, 6P+K P+K (Your juggle of choice depending on distance from the wall)

As for me, CH 3pp, 3k, 7p has done me some good. 1p into 3k gives a lot of help for sure. I've been launching with 4p 6P+K K as well. How it works is, when you get to the end of the threshold just 4p as the launcher if you really want to then go straight into 6P+K K. Sure it's kind of a waste of damage to an extent but it's fun. I think you can get a pp6pk after that. I'll check again.

Murakame

This ones from Silent Legend. Ceiling Combo. All guaranteed (except at the wall because both SD stuns wall splat.

41236T C!, 214p, 3k, 7p CB!, 6P+K P+K (Your juggle of choice depending on distance from the wall)

As for me, CH 3pp, 3k, 7p has done me some good. 1p into 3k gives a lot of help for sure. I've been launching with 4p 6P+K K as well. How it works is, when you get to the end of the threshold just 4p as the launcher if you really want to then go straight into 6P+K K. Sure it's kind of a waste of damage to an extent but it's fun. I think you can get a pp6pk after that. I'll check again.

Some kickass combos. I found what you did with 4P as well but used wind dash P+K instead. If you get a max threshold P+K you can 4P 6P+K K 7K.

Murakame

A

So what sick combos and setups are you guys using?

I like stun, 3PP, 33K, 4P 6P+K K, 7K. Has anyone found a use for PP2K wind dash cancel in combos? So far 4P cancel seems to be the superior option. And here's a basic yet damaging combo juggle for his advanced mid kick hold:

46H 4P 6P+K K 7K. 74 damage. Might as well try to 4P 6P+K after everything lol that seems to be the bnb damage dealer.

Zeo

To put his simply, every BnB he had before has enhanced damage then? Along with improved mixups and a little more advantage?

Murakame

To put his simply, every BnB he had before has enhanced damage then? Along with improved mixups and a little more advantage?

If the bnb has 4P 6P+K K apart of it yeah. So far it seems like it replaces 8P in max height relaunch combos.

Murakame

Those of you that have mastered Raijin how do you complete the final part? Its frustrating me I look at my inputs and I see all the diagonals there I mean its not perfect but they are there. I've also tried slowing down the pace at which I do it. I've only been able to complete the throw 3 times lol.

TakedaZX

small advice for the throw in general:

If you're like me, your skin dries out very easily. This is the same cases for my thumbs especially. If I allow my thumbs to dry out and use a ps3 pad, I lose a lot of mobility since the pad isn't smooth. Keep your hands moisturized and you'll be able to slide across the pad easily without worrying about slowed inputs. It helped me a lot last night.

As for the third part... I've done the full throw about a total of 8 times out of like what... 100? There's no apparent pattern that stood out when I pulled it off... nothing that I could pick up on, but remember to not start putting in the inputs until combo throw completely illuminates. Otherwise it won't pick it up. It's not brain dead easy like the Hayabusa drop.

Nate

How much damage does Raijin do? (Xbox 360 user that can't test this out)

Raijin: Normal 71, High 105.
Nakiryu: Normal 65, High 97.

Note that Nakiryu with normal wall is High 102, still not as much as Raijin.

Nakiryu is still your go to throw if you can knock them down stairs, thru a wall, off a cliff, etc. of course. However, on edges such as in the map "Ends of the Earth" (ice level) Raijin performed on the edge WILL knock them off, but of course, doesn't have the knock off range of Nakiryu.

Zeo

Wouldn't the Nakiryu do more damage near a wall though? Considering the splat and all.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD