Hayate's OPinionated Wishlist

Allan Paris

New wind dash transitions, 236K guard breaks again like it did in 4, and the old Raijin. Nice buffs, but not quite enough. His CB damage just took a serious level up but if he doesn't change much else in the frame data area he still won't be that much of a threat. These buffs are nice but not significant enough to move him out of low tier.

My thoughts exactly. I want to play with him to see what else they did change.

Glad to see 236K guard break again. Couldn't pause it clear enough but it looked like it was plus 9 or 11? Very nice. I hope they kept his half circle forward throw in as well though. Since it has it's own uses.

It's +3 or 4, my money is on 3.

Nate

I'm very excited. What is the rumored release date?

I'd drop some cash to have it this weekend. Team Ninja hit me up if you want another tester. haha!

Tokkosho

I was hoping for +5 myself. That guard break animation was incredibly fast though, you may be right.
a good point was brought up on the FB page, that since its from Lisa's perspective (whatever idk what to call it) doesnt that make it -3 for hayate?

Zeo

a good point was brought up on the FB page, that since its from Lisa's perspective (whatever idk what to call it) doesnt that make it -3 for hayate?
Turning a -5 normal on block move to a -3 guard break? Not seeing much point in that. If that ended up being the case I would seriously start questioning the credibility of the coming patch.

Nate

Turning a -5 normal on block move to a -3 guard break? Not seeing much point in that. If that ended up being the case I would seriously start questioning the credibility of the coming patch.

It would appear to me that these numbers are correct. Useless change.

A part in the video shows Hayate having :2::F+K: blocked (but Lisa didn't punish it), and the frame counter was shown at +10 or something. So that's a solid example of it being set to show Lisa's data. Also the fact the frame increment count until hit doesn't grow from zero until active unless Lisa is attacking. So, after the :236::K: is blocked, you can at least notice the + symbol remains, showing Lisa is at advantage after the block.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD