Helena 1.03 Changes

Omegan Eckhart

Sidesteps are 100% more useful and the fact that Helena has two of the best moves from SS at her disposal is a major buff.

Lower health makes her damage output very dangerous.

Her new CB allows her to CB in 3 hits.

For example 66p, 9p2k, 6P+K CB. Can be done anywhere.

She's always had a 3 hit CB 9P2K > K > 7P.

As far as 66P is concerned are you talking about her running P? That thing causes a knock down, what am I missing here?

DR2K

Sorry 33P, labtop doesn't have a number pad.

You're combo isn't as practical. but now that she can do it from BKO even next to a wall is a great thing. Because you can always throw in a bko throw if you expect a hold.

Omegan Eckhart

Sorry 33P, labtop doesn't have a number pad.

You're combo isn't as practical. but now that she can do it from BKO even next to a wall is a great thing. Because you can always throw in a bko throw if you expect a hold.
Okay 33P makes more sense. I still wish K from BKO caused a feint stun that would be sweet.

Now I know they have nerfed the shit out of her FT I'm even more surprised she got no substantial buff's. I hope she got some stealth buff's.

Seems strange they didn't mention they were nerfing her FT...

DR2K

If you know they're going to tech and do nothing you still have a shit ton of frame advantage. If you force them up with 6p then you have a shit ton of advantage. The ability to avoid wake up kicks is 100% in tact. Her loops are less fruity, more fair, but they do work.

TRI Mike

This is a very, very early impression but I think they hit Hele with a finishing blow. I changed my opinion on her after Jeremy found the FT style but now I'm back to my pre-launch opinion. Helena in DOA5 is crap.

DR2K

This is a very, very early impression but I think they hit Hele with a finishing blow. I changed my opinion on her after Jeremy found the FT style but now I'm back to my pre-launch opinion. Helena in DOA5 is crap.

She isn't though. Her FT game is still there, but one aspect of it was nerfed. Given all the buffs she's received it was a fair nerf.

Dravidian

I'm still a little confused about how soon an opponent can tech. From what I'm understanding they can tech before a palm (palm goes unpunished), but if they don't tech you can palm them (keep advantage/go back into blender)?

I haven't been gotten on yet so I cant check myself.

Omegan Eckhart

I'm still a little confused about how soon an opponent can tech. From what I'm understanding they can tech before a palm (palm goes unpunished), but if they don't tech you can palm them (keep advantage/go back into blender)?

I haven't been gotten on yet so I cant check myself.
Apparently they can tech when the 2nd of the 3 hits lands.

She isn't though. Her FT game is still there, but one aspect of it was nerfed. Given all the buffs she's received it was a fair nerf.
Now I think of it does BT4PK still work the same? The patch said drop vertical kicks are untechable, I'm curious if it works differently now.

Omegan Eckhart

Just a vid against the AI showing some her changes.

BT4PK seems to retain its properties, force techs are be done.
I'm glad her CB from BKO is harder to react to than 7P. Shame the AI wasn't teching though, would've like to of seen how her force tech works now.
Her side step punch doesn't seem as good on NH as I thought it would be though.

LOL at trying the grab the AI though!

KwonJigglypuff

I wish they could have given her a SS transition into BKO like Lisa have with SS P+K. That would have been nice,.. or not ?

Omegan Eckhart

Not really needed, she has amazing tools from SS, whereas Lisa's sucked.
Giving her strong side step options was a compromise for the overall nerf she received to her Bokuho stance. Sacrificing one type of evasion and receiving a new one in return.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD