Helena CB game

Dr_Tom

a couple CB options I've found for Helena in training

so far the best post CB combo I've found is 8K 4PK F 3PPP_236PKP so with damage and stuff I've listed know that that is the follow up I'm using. the 3PPP ender leaves them at your feet, the 236PKP sends them flying if you'd rather have some distance or have the option to knock them into a danger zone.
The only other post CB combo I've found worth mention is 7K PP4PPP but it's like 8 damage less than the 8K one I use.

These all start with moves that stun on normal hit.

6P+K 33P4P F 7P(CB) 113 damage
Fairly strict timing on the BKO cancel to CB

6P+K 8P SSP 7P(CB) 108 damage
SSP is a sit down stun

33P 8P SSP 7P(CB) 100 damage
SSP sit down stun.

33P 6PP 7P(CB) 100 damage
second hit of 6PP is a sit down stun

33P 3K 4PP 7P(CB) 107 damage
Everything can be held out of and it's all mid so be aware of that.

33P 8P 7P 7P(CB) 101 damage

8P 236PK F 7P(CB) 97 damage

33P 2K+F K 7P(CB) 104 damage

P+K 2K+F K 7P(CB) 106 damage

P+K 8P SSP 7P(CB) 102 damage

BT6P+K K 7P(CB) 94 damage
From back turned and only 3 hits!

44PPP 7P(CB) 99 damage

214P4PP F 7P(CB) 107 damage
Fairly strict timing on the BKO cancel to CB.

BKO6P4PP F 7P(CB) 90 damage
Only one I've found out of BKO so far.

As an added note, 33P and 8P are swappable most places within the stuns, just not immediately following it self. So you can't 33P 33P SSP but you can 8P 33P SSP instead.

Omegan Eckhart

I'll try to add to this tomorrow when I get my copy. Question though, are you not finding her 3in1's useful for hitting CB state?

Dr_Tom

I'm going to have to ask what moves your referring to when you say 3in1's you mean like the second hit of 33P4P or 214P4P? I'm still messing around with stuff but this is what I've found so far, so I'll be editing the first post for a bit tonight most likely. I did just find that BT6P+K into BKO K is at CB, so it's 3 moves...pretty sweet.

Omegan Eckhart

I don't know all the inputs since I don't have the game yet. 33P4P is one...I think, any move that makes Helena do the over the top arm waving thing that leaves her in BKO.

Seeing as they cannot be countered after the first hit and guarantee the other two I'd think they'd be great for hitting CB state. Land one or two hits then do a 3in1, then cancel out of stance and do 7P for a CB. Do it again and when they try to counter the CB hit, BKO grab them lol

Dr_Tom

I'm trying them out now, and they could be useful, but the timing is definitely more strict for canceling out of BKO into CB. Still could be very useful.

Edit:
Adding a couple into the first post now

Doug Nguyen

It's side step and punch. I'm trying to picture what it is seeing as she didn't get her SS P from DOA3 back.
ohh ok thanks. Never really thought about sidestepping to continue a stun. Im gonna try these later. Helena so far is lacking a lot with stuns, since her poke attacks are so slow and either knock the opponent down or pushes them too far to CB.

Tokkosho

Doug you should add me (tomorrow) for some online sparring :D i need someone to practice with, but now im off to bed.
sorry that this doesnt really have anything to do with helena >.<

Dr_Tom

ohh ok thanks. Never really thought about sidestepping to continue a stun. Im gonna try these later. Helena so far is lacking a lot with stuns, since her poke attacks are so slow and either knock the opponent down or pushes them too far to CB.

I would disagree. Helena isn't lacking in stuns at all, what she lacks is good stuns that guarantee follow ups. She can stun you all day, but she gets nothing guaranteed off most of her sit down stuns(honestly I don't remember what the other unholdable stun is so I can't say how good or if Helena has any of those). Fish for counter hit K or 3K and you start a stun string that can lead to CB.

Doug Nguyen

a couple CB options I've found for Helena in training

so far the best post CB combo I've found is 8K 4PK F 3PPP_236PKP so with damage and stuff I've listed know that that is the follow up I'm using. the 3PPP ender leaves them at your feet, the 236PKP sends them flying if you'd rather have some distance or have the option to knock them into a danger zone.
The only other post CB combo I've found worth mention is 7K PP4PPP but it's like 8 damage less than the 8K one I use.

These all start with moves that stun on normal hit.

6P+K 33P4P F 7P(CB) 113 damage
Fairly strict timing on the BKO cancel to CB

6P+K 8P SSP 7P(CB) 108 damage
SSP is a sit down stun

33P 8P SSP 7P(CB) 100 damage
SSP sit down stun.

33P 6PP 7P(CB) 100 damage
second hit of 6PP is a sit down stun

33P 3K 4PP 7P(CB) 107 damage
Everything can be held out of and it's all mid so be aware of that.

33P 8P 7P 7P(CB) 101 damage

8P 236PK F 7P(CB) 97 damage

33P 2K+F K 7P(CB) 104 damage

P+K 2K+F K 7P(CB) 106 damage

P+K 8P SSP 7P(CB) 102 damage

BT6P+K K 7P(CB) 94 damage
From back turned and only 3 hits!

44PPP 7P(CB) 99 damage

214P4PP F 7P(CB) 107 damage
Fairly strict timing on the BKO cancel to CB.

BKO6P4PP F 7P(CB) 90 damage
Only one I've found out of BKO so far.

As an added note, 33P and 8P are swappable most places within the stuns, just not immediately following it self. So you can't 33P 33P SSP but you can 8P 33P SSP instead.
These are all really good in training mode but any tips for when playing against a blocker. I have a problem with initial stuns for Helena.

Einzelkind

God, I hate that she doesn't have a CB move from Bokuho. Whenever I'm at the point to use the burst, I'm in Bokuho. I guess I haven't found the right flow yet.

Dr_Tom

God, I hate that she doesn't have a CB move from Bokuho. Whenever I'm at the point to use the burst, I'm in Bokuho. I guess I haven't found the right flow yet.
A couple of the options I have listed in the first post have her in BKO at the stun threshold. You have to learn to cancel out of it quick and 7P for the CB. The timing is a bit tricky but it is possible.

On a slightly different note, I've been looking for a low stun to start the stun string to CB and I've found that 2K+F can do it with BKO K follow up, but the timing is really tough. It's not fastest input, you have to wait until your opponents head is starting to sway back or something and it's just weird and really hard for me to get consistently. Still though, she has good starts and string stuns for high, mid, and low if I can make that work consistently for a low start.

Omegan Eckhart

:3::3::P: > :P::P: > :P: > :2::2:/:8::8: :P: :7::P:

:2::2:/:8::8::P: Grants just enough frame advantage to guarantee :7::P: for the CB.

:3::P::6::P::P: > :7::P: The shortest CB combo I have found so far, the third :P: cause a sit down stun again guaranteeing :7::P: for the CB.

TRI Mike

Those are all mid punches though. She's extremely easy to stop by holding mid-punch. There aren't any good highs, mid kicks and lows to help her.

Omegan Eckhart

Those are all mid punches though. She's extremely easy to stop by holding mid-punch. There aren't any good highs, mid kicks and lows to help her.
Weirdly enough I don't have a problem using tons of mid punches. I always start the match off by punch BKO grabbing them and the when they start low countering BAM! mid punches lol

KwonJigglypuff

The shortest CB combo I found was :9::P::2::K:>BKO:K:>:7::P:(57 Dmg)

Edit: A good post CB ender is :8::K:>BKO:6::P::4::P:>:4::P::P::P:/:4::P::K:>BKO:2::K:

Thanks! That's the one I'm using but I never know what to do after I got the ennemy in a Critical Stun.
Wait, the second part of your last combo doesn't work, it makes the ennemy fall. (after BKO_6p4p).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD