DOA5LR Helena in DOA5: Last Round

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
There was something that bothered me for a moment... Helena's 7K (4KK).
At some point in the past, it juggled the opponent while they were in mid air. But, later on, it causes a knockdown on mid air opponents.
I was initially using that as a combo options after BKO~T.
(BKO~T, 7K, BT4K, BT4PPP)
For BKO~T, now I just go for the other options like
8K BKO~PPK
9P4K, BT4K, BT4PPP (or 9P4K, BT4PPP)

There was something that bothered me for a moment... Helena's 7K (4KK).
At some point in the past, it juggled the opponent while they were in mid air. But, later on, it causes a knockdown on mid air opponents.
I was initially using that as a combo options after BKO~T.
(BKO~T, 7K, BT4K, BT4PPP)
For BKO~T, now I just go for the other options like
8K BKO~PPK
9P4K, BT4K, BT4PPP (or 9P4K, BT4PPP)
You sure you are not talking about BT 7K?

AsheMann21

Excuse me, but is her 7k really called genocide cutter? And why? Never heard that term before.
Oh no, it's not. It's proper name is some Japanese name like the rest of her moveset. You can take a look in the move list. What he meant by Genocide Cutter is that it looks like Rugal Bernstein's Genocide Cutter kick.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
@GreatDarkHero @E-Mann @ninjaguy446

Since another patch is inevitable (due to the new character coming), I've been thinking about what changes I want for Helena. In DOA3, her 214P had a guaranteed 1T/2T catch throw (due to 214P not putting the opponent in a stun). I would like to have that back, but I wanted to hear your thoughts about it. Checkout the video @2:35:22 to know what I'm referring to:
http://www.twitch.tv/rojikku/v/27688813

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
@GreatDarkHero @E-Mann @ninjaguy446

Since another patch is inevitable (due to the new character coming), I've been thinking about what changes I want for Helena. In DOA3, her 214P had a guaranteed 1T/2T catch throw (due to 214P not putting the opponent in a stun). I would like to have that back, but I wanted to hear your thoughts about it. Checkout the video @2:35:22 to know what I'm referring to:
http://www.twitch.tv/rojikku/v/27688813

Helena seems solid enough as she is (although, I have to admit that a lot of her strings seem rather... unsafe to say the least). A minor concern of mine is her 7K not juggling opponents like it did before. As for 214P... I can see your point. Because, 214P+K into BKO already places the opponent in sit-down stun. 214P by itself also causes the same effect which appears to be somewhat redundant (partially because both of them happen to be mid punches).

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Helena seems solid enough as she is (although, I have to admit that a lot of her strings seem rather... unsafe to say the least). A minor concern of mine is her 7K not juggling opponents like it did before. As for 214P... I can see your point. Because, 214P+K into BKO already places the opponent in sit-down stun. 214P by itself also causes the same effect which appears to be somewhat redundant (partially because both of them happen to be mid punches).
I agree, she is already good. I also agree about 214P+K already having a purpose for SDSs. More guaranteed stuff, the better :)

Lulu

What I've been dreaming to see since DoAU for Helena is a back turned low throw :D

It by happy if she got one..... in exchange I would like to have her BKO:2::K: removed.

Or the soul of her first born child...... ya'know.... which ever one is more convenient.

Akumasama

Thanks for sharing.
Does this work reliably if your opponent goes for a quick getup or a "sidestep" get up? (the one you get with 8 or 2 plus F, don't remember the right name).
Because when that happens to me I find that when I attempt 4+P+K Helena gets "teleported" behind the opponent hitting thin air and leaving me open to attacks.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Thanks for sharing.
Does this work reliably if your opponent goes for a quick getup or a "sidestep" get up? (the one you get with 8 or 2 plus F, don't remember the right name).
Because when that happens to me I find that when I attempt 4+P+K Helena gets "teleported" behind the opponent hitting thin air and leaving me open to attacks.
This works if opponent goes not tech roll. Also note that this best used only for half-walls.

Akumasama

If it's only guaranteed when one does not tech roll (or wake up kick) I guess this makes it very un-worth n every situation except the half wall one you posted.
Still, nice additional trick in our hands.

Have other guaranteed and useful combos been posted in here? I can only remember about the 3+P, P, delay, P (and following) after a backturned throw.
Which can be kinda hard to pull off online. If that delay is not big enough you will end up knocking the opponent on the floor, if you wait too much the opponent will have time to do a quick turn and midpunch hold.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD