Hitomi Combo Thread

P1naatt1ke1tt0

I
What's an easy ten hit combo for that mission with her? :) I regret to say I'm not planning on maining her but I would like to at least understand her combo mechanics and get that mission done too.

She's so annoying to combo with. All her natural combos end in sending the opponent a mile away. :(

I did something like :P::P: ..:9::K:..:P::P::6::P::P::P:(launches):4::K: :P::P::P::P:

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Thanks P1, I'll get to committing it to physical memory.
If that doesn't work, I found another one that should:
:9::P:...:P::P:...:9::P:...:9::K:(launches):4::K::P::P::P::P: (11 hit combo in training mode)
If you know how to free cancel, you can replace "..." (which means "wait") with :h:, so alternatively:

:9::P::h::P::P::h: :9::P::h: :9::K:(launches):4::K::P::P::P::P:

DjDeathCool

I don't know how you perform the :3::3: input but you can use, what they call in SF, a "shortcut. :2: Then put your stick into the corner twice, as fast as possible. It works very well for me.

TakedaZX

Haven't really messed around with Hitomi in a bit, but i'm going to reiterate what was brought up before.

I think I have found a guaranteed dmg setup (somewhat like Jann's setups after a dragon gunner). Maybe is something you're all already aware, or maybe I'm just wrong.

After a (sidestep):K: or :4::6::K: connects, the opponent enters in a "turn around" stun, which if I'm not mistaken it is unholdable and impossible to shake off (tested with the CPU with the reaction set to hold out, stagger escape on fastest, critical hold on fastest). Have in mind that you require to be somewhat near the foe. If not you may whiff the follow up. So, after you connect it you can do this:
  • :4::6::P:
  • :236::P:
  • :236::K:
  • :6::6::K::K::K:
  • :6::6::K::K::P: (last punch is a launcher, so more damage can be added with your favorite juggle)
Also uploaded a video, just in case.

Please test this out yourselves and tell what you think. Is this viable?
Use this shit. It's fucking flawless.

Raansu

Ya...Too bad its a high kick and it's only safe when used outside of the SS/Combo strings and most of the time its blocked and in stun it usually always does a knock down. Aside from that...ya its a good kick when you can magically pull it off.

Drake Aldan

Fraud, or legit? Here's what I have so far (bringing opponent to threshold).

:9::P: (or any similar stun)
  • :P::P::4::P:
  • :4::P::P:
  • :3::K::P:
:4::P::P:
  • :P::P:
  • :6::P:
:6::H+K:(or any time you are out of range for the above stun extensions)
  • :9::P: or :3::P:
    • :6::P+K:
    • :3::K:
  • :6::6::K::K::K: or :6::6::K::K::P:, juggle
Is "holding on reaction" a big problem? You're just supposed to stop mid-combo and throw them if that's happening, right?
What are the odds of these working?

---

Also, walls.

:9::P: (or any similar stun), :4::6::P: or :3::K: or :236::P:, W! :8::P::K::6::P::K:

I hear Hitomi is supposed to get big damage at the wall, am I doing this right? Is there a way to extend this?

FakeSypha

Ya...Too bad its a high kick and it's only safe when used outside of the SS/Combo strings and most of the time its blocked and in stun it usually always does a knock down. Aside from that...ya its a good kick when you can magically pull it off.
Not to mention that it also turns into a knock down if connects when your opponent is BT, and it makes wall slam animation near a wall, and as pointed in the original post you need to be close up or you won't reach the foe in time. It's rather unpractical, but when you actually land it pays off. What can I say, at least she has a guaranteed damage setup in her arsenal. A rather limited guaranteed setup, sadly.

innovare

Fraud, or legit? Here's what I have so far (bringing opponent to threshold).

:9::P: (or any similar stun)
  • :P::P::4::P:
  • :4::P::P:
:4::P::P:
  • :6::P:
:6::H+K:(or any time you are out of range for the above stun extensions)
  • :9::P: or :3::P:
    • :6::P+K:
    • :3::K:
  • :6::6::K::K::K: or :6::6::K::K::P:, juggle
Is "holding on reaction" a big problem? You're just supposed to stop mid-combo and throw them if that's happening, right?
What are the odds of these working?

---

Also, walls.

:9::P: (or any similar stun), :4::6::P: or :3::K: or :236::P:, W! :8::P::K::6::P::K:

I hear Hitomi is supposed to get big damage at the wall, am I doing this right? Is there a way to extend this?

Some of those critical setups are guaranteed (meaning they can't be stagger escaped), and some aren't.

:9::P::5: :P::P::4::P: : This string itself can't be escaped, but if you were to try :6::P+K:(CB) afterwards the opponent could escape prior to the (CB) connecting. Launching after this setup would require a fairly quick launcher, :4::H+K: and :9::P::K: are the only 2 that would be inescapable I believe.

:9::P::5::4::P::P: : Same deal as above.

:9::P::5::3::K::P: : You can do pretty much anything after this setup and it'll be inescapable. Very nice 3-hit CB setup.

The 3 that begin with :4::P::P: are all inescapable.

All the ones beginning with :6::H+K: are escapable after the first :6::H+K: connects. :6::H+K: only leaves you at +12 (opponent set to fastest escape, whether or not fastest is achievable in actual match play by a human is debatable.), meaning the only guaranteed stun extender off that move would be her 10 frame standing jab (:P:).

As for wall damage, I believe the juggle you listed (:8::P::K::6::P::K:) is the most damaging one we know of so far. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

FakeSypha

Some of those critical setups are guaranteed (meaning they can't be stagger escaped), and some aren't.

I'd suggest not using the word guaranteed there. It makes ambiguous statements for the newcomers. You can always hold those strings, thus making them not guaranteed at all. It's just a suggestion, though. Don't take me for an asshole, please.

innovare

Yeah I thought about including a more detailed disclaimer on that sentence, then figured it was too much text. I used "inescapable" everywhere else, do we have a better, more widely used word for something that can't be stagger escaped, or is that pretty much it?

@Drake: Well like I said, against a human those setups might very well work. You'd have to try them out offline to really get a feel for them I figure. That being said, :6::H+K::5: :6::6::K::K::K: is blockable by the opponent even with no stagger escape whatsoever.

If you'd want to use :6::H+K: in a setup, you're pretty much limited to following up with :P:, and you've gotta follow up instantly. If you know the opponent isn't stagger escaping very quickly, :9::P: and :3::P: are good alternatives but are only inescapable on "slow". :6::P: is slightly better, being inescapable on "fast" as well.

:6::H+K::5::P::6::P::P::5::6::P+K:(CB) and :6::H+K::5::P::P::5::3::P: :5::6::P+K:(CB) will work off that move. If you aren't looking for a critical burst then :6::H+K::5::P::5::6::6::K::K::P: will get you max launch height, just beware it's fairly easy to counter the :P: launcher unless you've conditioned the opponent not to.

Drake Aldan

If you'd want to use :6::H+K: in a setup, you're pretty much limited to following up with :P:, and you've gotta follow up instantly.
Eh, but I had planned on using :6::H+K: just at tip range. :P: won't work out there... What do I do with the advantage at that range?

Lessee... I guess I was looking at... :6::H+K: at tip range... CH :6::P: at tip range... and both wakeup kicks (mid/low). Can any of those be converted into combos?

Well here's some combos that i made up, they are all over 100 dmg or very close.
1.:P::P::4::P::P:...:1::P:...:3::P:... :6::P+K:(CB)...:3::3::P:...:7::P::K:...:7::P::K::K::K:

2.:6::H+K: or :3::P+K:...:3::P:...:8::K:...:6::P+K:(CB)...:3::3::P:...:7: :P::K:... :7::P::K::K::K:

3.:6::P::K:... :3::K::P:...:6::P+K:(CB)...:3::3::P:...:7::P::K:...:7::P::K::K::K:

4. :4::6::h: (expert mid kick hold) then :7::P::K:...then :7::P::K::K::K: or :P+K::P::P::P: or :P::P::4::P::P::P:
A Tag combo for Hitomi(hit) and Leifang(lei).

1. :9::P:(Hit)...:3::P::4::P:(lei)...:6::P+K:(hit)...:6::6::K:(lei), :9::K::K:(lei),:P::P::6::P::K:(hit)

TakedaZX

Here's a little guard break candy for you guys, if you haven't already fished around with it.

:4_::P+K: :~: :6::6: :~: :7::P::P: :~: :1::K::P: :~: :4::K::P::P::P::P: - 84 dmg

:4_::P+K: gives +23 charged, and +5 uncharged. Utilize it from time to time. You don't have to stick with just :7::P::P: either, experiment with it.

Totbuae

I think some of the follow ups after a :4::6::K: or sidestep :K: depend on stance (open or closed). :236::K: and :236::P: have the range to hit in either open or closed stance but :6::6::K: needs a specific stance (I don't remember which XD ).

Speaking of open/closed stance, these are two variations of a combo that's purely for flash (i.e., not for serious
combat XD ).

(starting from closed stance)
:3::K::K::K::~::2::P+K::~::9::P::~::7::P::P::~::6::P+K::~::3::3::P::~:
:6::P::K::~::7::P::K::K::K:

(starting from open stance)
:3::K::K::K::~::6::K: :~::9::P::~::7::P::P::~::6::P+K::~::3::3::P::~:
:6::P::K::~::7::P::K::K::K:

15 hits, leaves the opponent's health bar flashing red.

All three hits from :3::K::K::K: must connect. They won't work if only the last :K: from :3::K::K::K: connects, iirc.

You can substitute your critical combo of choice after you use :2::P+K: or :6::K: to catch them on the way down from the :3::K::K::K: crumple stun.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD