Hitomi Combo Thread

phoenix1985gr

I know this is probably the wrong place but anyway... Which characters can get a cb of their sitdowns? I know jahnn and kokoro is there anyone else?

Does hitomi get anything if someone slow escapes as "fast"?

Raansu

I know this is probably the wrong place but anyway... Which characters can get a cb of their sitdowns? I know jahnn and kokoro is there anyone else?

Does hitomi get anything if someone slow escapes as "fast"?

Hitomi only gets 6p guaranteed from her sit down stun. Problem is 9/10 the sit down crosses the threshold and 6p just knocks them down.

Chaos

:4::6::h:, :6::P::K:, :P::+::K::P::P:

:4::6::h:, :7::P::K:, :1::K::6::P::K:

:4::6::h:, :6::P::K:, :P::P::6::P::K:

:4::6::h:, :6::P::K:, :3::P::P:

(SS attack) :K: or :4::6::K:, :6::6::K::K::P:, :4::K::P::P::P::P:
Post edit :7::P::K: is a better choice than using :6::P::K: because you have the opportunity to launch your opponent munch higher for executing these combo if you reverse a mid kick (Advance Hold) or if you plan your combo mix ups to launch them in the air for a longer time (especially if you see the word "Counter Strike").

Raansu

A high kick that's only safe from the 46k input is hardly her saving grace and it certainly doesn't make her B tier( she's bottom tier people, get used to it). If it was mid and caused a back stagger then yes maybe, but that kick for the most part is useless. Only bad players will get hit by it.

phoenix1985gr

Hitomi only gets 6p guaranteed from her sit down stun. Problem is 9/10 the sit down crosses the threshold and 6p just knocks them down.

First of all this is stupid... But just to make thing clear 100% you mean that if i set the cpu in training on fast escape (not fastest) she wont connect with anything? Whats the reason to give sitdown stuns to any character if they cant work with them?

Raansu

First of all this is stupid... But just to make thing clear 100% you mean that if i set the cpu in training on fast escape (not fastest) she wont connect with anything? Whats the reason to give sitdown stuns to any character if they cant work with them?

If you look at the general design of the game, you can see sit down stuns where going to be designed as one the primary threats of the game because literally every character has at least one string that leads into a sit down stun. Unfortunately over time you can also see where balance testing and differing views came in to play and conflicted with this design. Most of the characters got hit with this conflicting view and ended up with useless setups while the fortunate few that most likely avoided certain testers that were nerfing everything remained unchanged and kept their template of sit down stun threats.

As far as Hitomi goes, the only guaranteed attack I've found from sit down was on counter hit with 8ppk. 6p is the only thing the AI won't block out of when set to fastest stagger but oddly enough the AI will block 6k which is strange to me as they are both 13 frame attacks and even when stagger is set to fastest the sit down still gives +15. Now granted the new information about the frame data being off and adding +2 to everything explains why 6k can be blocked, but it doesn't explain why 6p is guaranteed off of it. It leads me to believe the whole +2 thing from that video on the front page is not universal. What's more strange is it only works on 8ppk setup. If you do 8k on hi-counter hit it wont work even though its still +15 and the recovery of the kick in string and single input are both 25 frames. No matter how you look at it, they did something weird with the frame data.

Edit:

As far as fast stagger instead of fastest, 6k will connect, but I don't consider that guaranteed. When set to slow you can get 9k out of it, but again, I don't consider that guaranteed. Her sit down stun is easily slow escaped out of, most people SE it without even trying. I really only go for the sit down setup to confuse people as many fear the CB and are able to hold mid right at the end of the sit down and catch the CB so many times I go fo 6k or 9k depending on how often they are SEing against me.

X51

Hi there. I'm having troubles understanding this combos: ¿4F+K is the same as 4T+K? ¿is this a single combo or variations to avoid being predictable?
¿The combo is 9K9KPP6K OR 9KPP6K?
¿4F+K is the same as 4T+K? ¿is this a single combo or variations to avoid being predictable?
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I also see that you use :~:, "->" or ",". Are those different from H "cancel"?

X51

Thank you very much. So F+K is "strong kick" and F+P is Throw. I'll keep working timming and learning the combos to see if I can be a bit less predictable... But first of all I have to stop blocking by holding 4 or 1 and do it holding 5H and 2H because if I want to punish I allways start with 4P/K or 1P/K, and sometimes I think that a 5P/K or 6P/K would work better.

NightAntilli

Edit: Never mind. I was wrong xD

Anyway.. They should make Hitomi's :4::F+K: a mid. That way she could get a proper launcher from sitdown stun.

X51

How effective are those combos online? Let's say a 4 or 3 quality connection.
Thank you in advance.

Raansu

How effective are those combos online? Let's say a 4 or 3 quality connection.
Thank you in advance.

Are you referring to the viability of the mix up or just being able to do the inputs in lag? If your talking about inputs, as long as the lag isn't too terrible I can do them all just fine. But lag in general always screws Hitomi over pretty bad.

X51

It is a bit of both. I had to "change" Busa's BnB (41236T, 236P, 66K, K, 236T) online for 41236T, 236P, 34K, 236T because allows a bit of "delay" and I want to know what's the most important hit for not droping those combos you posted and if I can find another input safer but less damaging it feels like a good idea for a bit of variaton in my gameplay.

Chaos

It is a bit of both. I had to "change" Busa's BnB (41236T, 236P, 66K, K, 236T) online for 41236T, 236P, 34K, 236T because allows a bit of "delay" and I want to know what's the most important hit for not droping those combos you posted and if I can find another input safer but less damaging it feels like a good idea for a bit of variaton in my gameplay.
I knew I wasn't the only who came up with those bnb combo mix ups! lol

Raansu

The thing about DoA is that everything is situational. Outside of guaranteed setups (something Hitomi lacks) and launchers, BnB combos don't really exist due to the stun game and defensive holds. So while yes, all those stuns "can" work, its situational in how you use them based on how you have your opponent conditioned because a simple hold can change the flow of the game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD