Hitomi Combo Thread

X51

I know what you mean but I didn't make myself clear. As you see, my Busa's BnB is just a "guaranteed" follow-up for a command throw. To get to that throw is a matter of situation as you say. With Hitomi I think that what comes after any launcher, after sitdown or even what gets the sitdown in the video (I don't know how parried those strikes are, need to rewatch it) might be her BnBs (not strictly a BnB as we know from other fighting games but something that needs to become instictive during a fight). Having that, I'm going to refrase the question:
Is there any buffering or a strict H-cancel or mixup to be aware of that lag might help to drop those combos?

Raansu

Nah, Hitomi doesn't really need a lot of buffering, and free canceling is easy with her. Most of the time I free cancel out of habit to make sure I cancel any accidental buffer, but really most of those setups you don't even need to free cancel as her string delays are pretty short and you can just wait for the frames to end and start the new string. It all comes down to muscle memory, and really the only time I can see someone dropping a combo is if the lag gets real bad like pausing every few frames. Input delay is manageable though.

Reactions: X51

P1naatt1ke1tt0

I've had online matches where I have to change PP4PPP to PP6PK and PP6PK to PPP in juggles. Horrible. From 3 bars up the combos are usually successful, though.

Reactions: X51

X51

Thank you so much.
I'll write the combos down and start practicing them soon.
:)

X51

I meant the combos from the video Raansu posted but thank you for the correction because I was already thinking that I missed that Hitomi's string :)

P1naatt1ke1tt0

I contemplated making a new thread, but I guess the subject fits this thread, too. What are the optimal follow-ups for danger-zone bounces? I've done some testing, and I think :6::6::K::K::K: is the best for high bounces such as in the circus after an activated wall danger zone, when the moving thingy hits the opponent. Anyone found any better, such as a relaunch? Where else would this work? Hot zone? What about the brief stuns after e.g. breaking objects in home? What's your best follow-up?

A second question mark are the levels with ceilings. I know ceiling relaunch properties change in 1.03A, but does Hitomi even have any attack that ceiling-bounces? Can she get any advantage out of ceilings in 1.03A?

Totbuae

As far as I know Hitomi can't bounce opponents off of the ceiling. Even her highest launcher (her mid kick expert hold, :4::6::h:) won't launch them high enough to hit the ceiling. Fortunately, stages with low ceilings are usually enclosed rooms with walls nearby. With Hitomi your objective in such stages is to wall splat them all over the place. Thankfully, Hitomi is not lacking in tools to wall splat. Even attacks that usually give you no guaranteed follow ups (like :8::K:, for example) will wall splat and give you a free wall combo (:8::P::K::6::P::K:, :P+K::P::P:, :P::P::6::P::K: or :P::P::4::P::P::P: are all good wall combo options).

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Thankfully, Hitomi is not lacking in tools to wall splat.

Yeah I know, her fantastic wall game is... fantastic. Today, we'll finally get the Xbox patch and her wall throw 33H+P is buffed.

Anyway, any comments for my other question? Have you contemplated her best options after breakable-object-stuns or danger zone stuns?

Chaos

Yeah I know, her fantastic wall game is... fantastic. Today, we'll finally get the Xbox patch and her wall throw 33H+P is buffed.

Anyway, any comments for my other question? Have you contemplated her best options after breakable-object-stuns or danger zone stuns?
Oh yes, her 33T is extremely deadly even if your opponent didn't whiff a counter hold and I really appreciate the 3 frames for ducking which makes the gameplay feel more fluid :) and also makes her spacing game significantly better. Change is good...well sometimes

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Oh yes, her 33T is extremely deadly even if your opponent didn't whiff a counter hold and I really appreciate the 3 frames for ducking which makes the gameplay feel more fluid :) and also makes her spacing game significantly better. Change is good...well sometimes

Just a minor correction, if I'm right, you mean 3 frames FASTER ducking, right? It went from 5 to 2 frames?

Totbuae

I haven't really delved into follow ups after breakable object stuns. As for danger zone stuns, :6::6::K::K::K: seems to be the only option fast enough and with enough reach to reliably hit the opponent (the bounce after a danger zone stun is really low XD ).

Saber

You can connect with 4KPPPP, but for that to work, you have to dash forward and get the timing right. Tough to do, but the damage is higher compared to 66KKK, which is easier to pull of.

Actually, that goes with her other strings to. They're connectable, but you need to dash forward for it to connect. I'd stick with 66KKK, though.

Too bad it doesn't travel far enough (and doesn't have enough 'wall-detect sensors) for some extra damage after the special DZs. Wish it could.

Saber

Cool stuff, though they all have to hit on CH and not NH.

Anyways (just found out today from random combo trial and error training), because 4KP had its wall-sensor removed, :4::K::P::P::P::P: is now her most damaging juggle after a wall slam, but it only works against Light and Midweights. For Heavyweights, you'd still have to rely on 8PK6PK or P+KPP for a damaging wall juggle.

Chaos

Cool stuff, though they all have to hit on CH and not NH.

Anyways (just found out today from random combo trial and error training), because 4KP had its wall-sensor removed, :4::K::P::P::P::P: is now her most damaging juggle after a wall slam, but it only works against Light and Midweights. For Heavyweights, you'd still have to rely on 8PK6PK or P+KPP for a damaging wall juggle.
I've been using 4kpppp for a while , but only after a critical burst ^_^

Saber

I rarely use it after CB since 7PK~P+KPP or PP4PPP are a more damaging options, but 4KPPPP works well when you launch before reaching the threshold.

Chaos

2P+K, 3KP, CB! 6P+K, 8H+K or 33P, 7PK, P+KPP Combo Damage= %106 (depends on what combo set ups you're using)

2P+K, 3KP, CB! 6P+K, 8H+K or 66H+K, 4KPPPP Combo Damage= %103

2P+K, 3KP, CB! 6P+K, 8H+K or 33P, PP6PK Combo Damage= %99

2P+K, 3KP, CB! 6P+K, 8H+K or 33P, PP4PP Combo Damge= %104

Yup, 7PK, P+KPP definitely wins the damage contest.

Saber

Just to note, against lightweights, (post-CB), 33P, 7PK, PP6PK works, though timing is a little strict. I don't think you can pull it off after 8H+K because it doesn't launch as high.

Leifang is a light-mid, so it works inconsistently on her. I managed to pull it off against her, but only very few times did I land it.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Just to note, against lightweights, (post-CB), 33P, 7PK, PP6PK works, though timing is a little strict. I don't think you can pull it off after 8H+K because it doesn't launch as high.

Leifang is a light-mid, so it works inconsistently on her. I managed to pull it off against her, but only very few times did I land it.

I've noticed that too, but I never use it since online the lag probably messes it up. Not worth the risk, essentially...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD