Hitomi Combo Thread

Chris Harris

Hitomi still for the most part has the same juggles but there are some new combos (which are actually better) and a few extra launchers since she lost the bounce from her axe kick. Also take note that "keeping" someone stunned with Hitomi is actually much more difficult so there will be many different types of combos dependent on if they hold or struggle.

Will keep updating this post as I remember combos and once I get the game and am able to go through and actually break it down.

*NOTE*
Unless you CB, get an advanced mid kick hold, or have a downward slope you don't use the extender 7pk or 6pk.

Chris Harris

Hitomi's best launcher is now 8f+k. It recovers the fastest out of all the launchers which lead to her better juggles and keep them more consistent.

Jiraiya-Sama2390

:3::3::P:
  • :P::P::6::P::K: (53 dmg)
  • :8::P::K::6::P::K: (54 dmg)
  • :6::P::K::K::K::K: (52 dmg)
  • :8::P::P::P: (44 dmg)
  • :8::P::P::K: (46 dmg)
  • :6::P::K:~:h:, :2::K::K: (47 dmg)
  • :4::K::P::P::P::P: (57 dmg)
  • :P::P::4::P::P::P:(55 dmg)
:8::K:+:h:
  • :P::P::6::P::K: (53 dmg)
  • :P:+:K::P::P: (50 dmg)
  • :6::6::K::K::K: (54 dmg)
:6::6::K:+:h:
  • :P::P::6::P::K: (54 dmg)
  • :P:+:K::P::P: (50 dmg)
  • :8::P::K::6::P::K: (55 dmg)
:9::P::K:
  • :P::P::6::P::2::K: (47 dmg)
:9::K:
  • :9::K: :P::P::6::K: (63 dmg)
  • :9::K: :8::P::K::6::P::K: (64 dmg)
  • :9::K: :P:+:K::P::P: (59 dmg)
  • :9::K: :4::K:+:h: :P::P::6::K: (63 dmg)
:4::K::K:
  • :P::P::6::P::K: (62 dmg)
:4::6::h:
  • :7::P::K: :8::P::K::6::P::K:
CH :4::P:
  • :P::P::4::P:-> :4::F+K:->:P::P::4::P::P::P:
:4::P::P:
  • :6::P::P: ->:4::F+K: -> :P::P::4::P::P::P:
  • :P:-> :6::F+K: -> :4::F+K: ->:P::P::4::P::P::P:
  • :6::F+K: -> :4::F+K: -> :P::P::6::K:
  • :6::F+K: -> :3::P: -> :P+K::P::P:
  • :6::6::K: -> :P: :4::F+K: -> :P::P::4::P::P::P:
CH :6::F+K:
  • :6::P::P: ->:4::F+K: -> :P::P::4::P::P::P:
Critical Burst Combos:
  • :4::P::P:-->:P::P:-->:6::P+K:-->:7::P::K:-->:P+K::P::P:--100+ damage
  • :4::P::P:-->:3::K::P:-->:6::P+K:-->:7::P::K:-->:P+K::P::P:--100+ damage

Chris Harris

Will update that into the original post and give credit later today. Tournament today so unless a mod does it before then will be later.

DjDeathCool

None of these are Critical Burst/Power Blow combos. Could we get some people to share some of their most efficient Critical Burst combos that they've found so far? The one I think seems pretty nifty so far is, :9: :P: :3: :P: :8: :K: . I just like it because it makes the actual CB impossible to counter since it ends on a sit down stun. Anyone see a fatal flaw in the combo or know any better setups?

Kaiten92

Actually made a account to ask people to atleast post old combos bc even though they're mostly the same, DOA5 now being released on PS3 most likely means a bunch of newcomers (like me) who dont know her old combos.

Jiraiya-Sama2390

None of these are Critical Burst/Power Blow combos. Could we get some people to share some of their most efficient Critical Burst combos that they've found so far? The one I think seems pretty nifty so far is, :9: :P: :3: :P: :8: :K: . I just like it because it makes the actual CB impossible to counter since it ends on a sit down stun. Anyone see a fatal flaw in the combo or know any better setups?
Here's a CB combo I just discovered: :6::6::P::P:,:3::K::6::P:,:6::P+K:,:3::3::P:,:7::P::K:,:P+K::P::P: for 96 dmg

DjDeathCool

Also, how are we going to handle frame data with slow escape? CB finally gives us something to really work towards with combo creation but slow escape alters the links. How do we convey what is more or less viable in actual competitive matches? I really like my :9: :P:, :3: :P:, :8: :K:, :6: :P+K: combo because you can perform your CB while they're still in sit down stun, making your CB attack un-holdable. However, the :8: :K: animation is slow and quite easy to slow escape away from.

TakedaZX

not sure if anyone noticed but on CH, 8PPK will sit down stun, ready right away for a critical burst... but if it's not counter hit, feeling ballsy?

:6::6::P::P:, :8::P::P::K:, :6::P+K:, (any launcher and combo)

Raansu

not sure if anyone noticed but on CH, 8PPK will sit down stun, ready right away for a critical burst... but if it's not counter hit, feeling ballsy?

:6::6::P::P:, :8::P::P::K:, :6::P+K:, (any launcher and combo)

Going for a sit down stun with Hitomi is a waste of time really. All her sit downs are easily escaped.

Chris Harris

The best CB combos are those that force the opponent to hold at the end of the threshold. The best way to figure this out is to set the AI to Slow Escape at the "fastest" setting. Set their reaction to guard all that way if they can struggle out of anything they will and then block it.

:4: :P: :P: --> :P: :P: --> :6: :P+K: --> :7: :P: :K: --> :P+K: :P: :P: --100+ damage

:4: :P: :P: --> :3: :K: :P: --> :6: :P+K: --> :7: :P: :K: --> :P+K: :P: :P: --100+ damage

:3: :P+K: --> :P: :P: :K: --> :4: :6: :P: --72+ damage

There are like a million variations though but you kinda get the idea I hope.

I used :4: :P: :P: because it's a strong move even though it's 2 mid punches in a row. If someone holds you get something much stronger of a stun for them attempting to hold the second punch not to mention you don't get much damage for holding anyway. Hitomi 95% of the time gets :P+K: :P: :P: juggle no matter the launch height. So if you suspect a hold just do a launcher and finish with that. Chances are it will slam into a wall for good damage.

TakedaZX

Yea I get it. Just throwing it out there incase they patch it up to make it useful. Speaking of Gutsy combos, I remember getting a critical burst off of 4kppp, despite it being high mid(mid mid)mid. Of course it was a newbie but it looked cool at the time. I found out it can be slow escaped anyway. Man 4kp has like no use in this game.

Even still here's the data on it if you ever feel like gambling on it.

:4::K::P::P::P: :~: :6::P+K:, 9K(Or any launcher)
:P+K::P::P: - 88 Dmg​
:6::P::K::K::K:: - 91 Dmg​
:8::P::K::6::P::K: - 93 Dmg​
:4::K::P::P::P::P: - 97 Dmg​
:7::P::K: :Link: :6::K::K::K: 97 Dmg​
:7::P::K: :Link: :P+K::P::P: - 99 Dmg​

They should add 6kkk to is so like 4kpkkk.

FakeSypha

I think I have found a guaranteed dmg setup (somewhat like Jann's setups after a dragon gunner). Maybe is something you're all already aware, or maybe I'm just wrong.

After a (sidestep):K: or :4::6::K: connects, the opponent enters in a "turn around" stun, which if I'm not mistaken it is unholdable and impossible to shake off (tested with the CPU with the reaction set to hold out, stagger escape on fastest, critical hold on fastest). Have in mind that you require to be somewhat near the foe. If not you may whiff the follow up. So, after you connect it you can do this:
  • :4::6::P:
  • :236::P:
  • :236::K:
  • :6::6::K::K::K:
  • :6::6::K::K::P: (last punch is a launcher, so more damage can be added with your favorite juggle)
Also uploaded a video, just in case.

Please test this out yourselves and tell what you think. Is this viable?

TakedaZX

Looks good, I'll apply that from now on until it proves obsolete. Even if it can be held out of actually. The time frame is probably a small one...and on top of that, they'res high, mid k and mid p mix-up. So yea... either way, they're gunna hit the ground... hard...

GLoRToR

What's an easy ten hit combo for that mission with her? :) I regret to say I'm not planning on maining her but I would like to at least understand her combo mechanics and get that mission done too.

She's so annoying to combo with. All her natural combos end in sending the opponent a mile away. :(

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD