Hitomi Q&A

Chris Harris

Hitomi Q&A thread. Use this thread for questions that aren't being answered in any of the other threads.I will eventually turn this thread into a thread for the Hitomi guide or general guideline to using her in an effective manner.

Dead or Alive 5 Hitomi
Now that Dead or Alive 5 has been out for a bit (a week) and I have had time to mess with training mode I finally had some time to ACTUALLY mess with my character Hitomi. This won’t be a very long post/blog as I will be doing others as time progresses and I figure more things out with her.

Hitomi is no longer a sweep monster that pretty much rushed in and tried to open you up with unsafe sweeps. She can still play that game but it has been toned down significantly and doesn’t give you what you want to really put the hurt on someone. She no longer just runs at you recklessly trying to open you up with strings because now she can be kept out fairly well. She also has to worry about sidestep attacks but those vary depending on the character and the speed of their sidestep attack(s).

Now what Hitomi will have to do in DoA5 is have a solid foundation of defense with the ability to poke your way out. She will have the match ups that she will be able to play the mix up game but it’s just not that good in this game since they added sidestep. Her fast strings are no longer viable as they don’t give a stun that holds long enough. Granted if a player goes for a counter then the strings are much stronger but in general you can slow escape them.

Hitomi’s best stand-alone attacks are;
-4p[p]
3p+k
6f+k
3f+k
P+k[pp]
46p
236p
6p+k
All of these attacks either stun on normal hit or have follow ups that give a stun that can’t be struggled out of. The others give a knockdown and push your opponent towards the wall which is where we want to get our opponent.

Hitomi’s goal in this game is to work a solid mid-range game and get a good counter hit in. From there she has many ways to reach the threshold in one guess and force a launch/throw/CB! Situation. She also gets pretty good damage from quick launches so we no longer have to be timid about going for early launchers or trying to get big damage from a risky throw. The nerf to holds makes it easier for Hitomi to go for an early launch and press the opponent to the wall where she can get her insane damage.

So in general don’t get frustrated because it is a bit difficult to rush people down if they are struggling out of everything. Just have to use a different approach with her because players with strong defense will edge you out easily.

synce

Doesn't seem to be much excitement for Hitomi this time around, why is that? I mean this board is almost as barren as Rig's

Gill Hustle

Doesn't seem to be much excitement for Hitomi this time around, why is that? I mean this board is almost as barren as Rig's

If I were to guess it's:

1. Because Hitomi was the most complete character in the Alpa build.

2. Everybody who's been playing her, already knows what their doing.

3. She's not broken.

My limited time with her at GVN the only thing I noticed over the Alpha build was she got the second part of her command throw back.

Chris Harris

I'm just waiting till the game comes out so I can post things with 100% accuracy.

I mean I could just post small things and small things about her moves but I would just end up changing so I decided to just wait >.>

synce

In the meantime, does anyone know if her headband can removed? To me it looks kind of awkward with the karate gi

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
In the meantime, does anyone know if her headband can removed? To me it looks kind of awkward with the karate gi

I hope so. It'd be neat to have the option, though I wouldn't take it off myself, except for when wearing her gi, like you mentioned.

Chaos

If I were to guess it's:

1. Because Hitomi was the most complete character in the Alpa build.

2. Everybody who's been playing her, already knows what their doing.

3. She's not broken.

My limited time with her at GVN the only thing I noticed over the Alpha build was she got the second part of her command throw back.
i'm so happy that her awesome combo throw is back, :) there was NO reason to remove it and I hope it stays this time. Now all she needs is her :K: :2: :K: :P: and shes all good. ;)

Chris Harris

Updated the first post. Questions and input is always welcomed as long as it has some sort of though behind it.

The parry does a little damage, than she gets an advantage. I think it's +7.

I figured out a little something. I suppose most of you already know.

When anticipating a wake up low kick, I prefer to try a tech jump with 8 f+k. It launches a NH and can be followed by p+k [pp] for some decent damage. And if your opponent goes for a mid wake up kick, you get hit in the air and don't suffer the critical stun.

Do you guys think this is a good idea?

And when the opponent isn't too close, I usually try a back step and 4p+k, to counter any of the two wake up kicks.

Question: does she have any fast TC (fast in the sense of crouching fast) besides her basic low pokes? I understand she has 33 p, but the input is a little uncomfortable and causes a lot of failures to me. Maybe the attack has few TC frames. Well, do you guys recommend other TCs?

I've been also struggling with the wake up game. Sometimes an opponent b!tch-slaps me many times in a row. How do I escape or counter this, after eating the first hit, while on the ground? Some of these attacks seem to quick enough to intercept the wake up kicks, or something like this.

Also, how to deal with the big jumping ground hits? Some set ups seem to guarantee them, with perhaps the only option being a tech roll, so you don't fall at all?

And offensively... any reccomendation of set ups to hit grounded opponents with Hitomi?

XDolce VitaX

It's VERY VERY VERY VERYYYYYYYYYYYY IMPORTANT that you tech roll. When I'm fighting an opponent i absolutely tech roll every single time. B/c i'll be hit w/they're forced tech. Forced tech is a move they use to force you off the ground w/o any choice lol. Its annoying but some characters have it. When i want to mixup and stun a grounded opponent. While they're lying there I use 12+k p 12+ k

Thanks. I kinda suspected the wake up kicks weren't as dangerous as they were seeming to me.

But what do you mean by 12?

I've noticed Hitomi's (2) k k seems to cause the forced tech. Is that what you meant?

XDolce VitaX

Sorry lol I didn't display it right. I use :1::K::6::P::P: almost always while they're grounded the kick forces them up and i delay the last punch depending how slow they get up. The second punch wont connect at all but the last one will. Hit or miss basically. Try it out and let me know.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD