Honoka Combo and Strategy Thread

HoodsXx

She has an unholdable with it with 6P+K on normal hit. You do 6P+K P 236P+K beats all WUK options and is unholdable. Only use I've found for it so far. :(

TRI Mike

I’m gonna try and make a simple combo video for her during the weekend. Her juggles this time around are extremely versatile and I’d like to share what I know.

I’ll test that unholdable setup for 236p+k.

Also. Has anyone found a consistent use for 7P? It’s always been kinda useless to me. Both for her and Ein in past games.

vicente

I’m gonna try and make a simple combo video for her during the weekend. Her juggles this time around are extremely versatile and I’d like to share what I know.

I’ll test that unholdable setup for 236p+k.

Also. Has anyone found a consistent use for 7P? It’s always been kinda useless to me. Both for her and Ein in past games.

Can't wait for that video!

Also what are her best option after 6T? She has a lot of advantage but I'm not sure what to do next.

No idea about 7p sorry.

TRI Mike

Also what are her best option after 6T? She has a lot of advantage but I'm not sure what to do next.

She doesn’t get anything guaranteed but I usually go for tracking moves like 4P, 2K, 1P or 7K. H+K works as well but that move is kinda bad now. If they like blocking, just 6T them again. If they don’t sidestep you could also launch with 8K or 33K or look for a fast HnK transition.

It all depends really.

vicente

She doesn’t get anything guaranteed but I usually go for tracking moves like 4P, 2K, 1P or 7K. H+K works as well but that move is kinda bad now. If they like blocking, just 6T them again. If they don’t sidestep you could also launch with 8K or 33K or look for a fast HnK transition.

It all depends really.

Interesting thanks

TRI Mike

I put together a super quick, super basic combo video. I tried to cover her most useful juggles and some easy-to-use situations for danger zones and walls. Also there are a couple of bound combos against lightweights and middleweights. Her bound juggle doesn’t seem to connect against heavies.

It will at least be useful for new potential Honoka mains.

Pn33milan

What I would do to give Honoka some little buffs:
- better hitbox on 66K. That move should lead to some interesting mixups, but it whiffs most of the times
- let her access the heichu and dragon stance even on block
- make her strings after PP slightly faster. The only barely viable options are PPP (-6 on block), PPPK (guard break) and PP6P (which has a little pushback).

What do you guys think? Is there something I missed?

It's not my job to test things out and I have no idea if some of these options would end up making her "too strong".
However, considering her spot right now, I would try some of these options out. I mean, who could it hurt to make her a little more viable?

I think Team Ninja did a great job in DOA6, completing her few missing spots in the movelist, but they still haven't addressed her flaws from DOA5LR.
I just want to see her in B tier once.

Juihau

I have a legit question for you guys. Do any of guys actually hit people with the airwalk fatal stun? I think it's QCFP+K. Just about every honoka player I've run into in ranked has tried to hit me with at least once and it's never worked. I asked one of them before and didn't get a straight answer.
It works on the lower level of Forbidden Fortune, after knocking someone into an explosion...usually.

TRI Mike

I was just testing her best options after launching with 8K. These are my results so far:

Against heavies, she absolutely cannot bound them. It’s a shame but at least her old BKO K, DKO P+K, BT P+K juggles does connect for decent damage. This juggle didn’t work against heavyweights in DOA5.

Against middleweights (and lights), she can bound them and then either Break Blow cancel them or land a guaranteed close hit 236P.

Against lightweights, you can land her old BKO K, DKO P+K, BT H+K, 2P+K46P but it deals the same damage as the bound close hit 236P option. In open space you can finish with the air throw to capitalize more damage.

She’s a fascinating character and I’m having a blast playing as her.

TRI Mike

Looks super pretty but risky as hell. I’d rather block the SSA and 33T them or interrupt the step with a fatal rush’s first attack, which leaves them back-turned and then 3P+K which limbo stuns and guarantees a 33K launcher for her to do whatever the wants.

HoodsXx

Looks super pretty but risky as hell. I’d rather block the SSA and 33T them or interrupt the step with a fatal rush’s first attack, which leaves them back-turned and then 3P+K which limbo stuns and guarantees a 33K launcher for her to do whatever the wants.
Yeah it's more for if someone likes to SSA you at range off of like 2KK or H+K is hit at range but you don't want to risk having to run in. You can do 4K2P or PP2P to get around SSA. It's character specific though.

Nikotsumi

Ever since the 66P+K change (more like a fix) on the last balance update, I've noticed it is now easier to connect 66P+K > Heichu P+K in juggles. The damage is really good on CH and above and it's definitely one of her best enders now (with T and 2P+K46P).
You can easily do 6H+K > Dragon Stance K > 66P+K > Heichu P+K on middle and lightweights.

Sodaykin

so i played around with 9PPKP and noticed when the K hits the P is guaranteed they have the option to mid hold the second P. We could actually 9P .- T or delay the second P a bit, to counter the hold. Wasnt able to test it versus sidestepping since iam @ work till tomorrow the last P is actually a tracking move but i think when they step early enough we still get hit.

If the k hits the P is guaranteed and gives a whoppin +35, we can then go for S into Launcher or straight into a Launcher. Since i cant really play the next 2 days i wanted to post it here so the Honoka Hivemind can achieve something great with it

I personally use it after a bearhug when i noticed my opponent blocks alot after the hug.

Edit: when its blocked we are -5, and it can be SSA`d after the first hit but not after the second because of the last P being tracking (we actually get a counter hit)

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

Has anyone noticed Honoka's Dragon 4PP has the option to go into Dragon stance again? Was this always an option? I can't seem to remember. It gives her threatening mixup potential. You can do 6H+K DS 4PP into any Dragon stance option including the Dragon Gunner.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD