Honoka theory

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Idk if this the right place but there’s something that I noticed. In Nico’s reveal there was a segment where Christie asked NiCO what she was doing and NiCO said that it wasn’t her business. Something on the wall caught my attention.
4BBA5351-9E15-4815-8F5A-77ECC83126DF.png

Right up there it says HNK-03, I believe that HNK stands for Honoka, I think Honoka was created in the DOAtec lab with the help of Raidou’s DNA. We don’t know anything about Honoka’s parents, we only know her “grandmother”. I doubt her grandmother is blood related.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I don't know if this is the place, but it is about Honoka. Think we could use a Dead or Alive Theory thread in the general.

At this point we can deduct that:

- Honoka doesn't know who her Dad is, but Raidou looks familiar and scares her when paired in a tag
- Ayane and Honoka are likely to be sisters in a disturbing way which points to their more consistent interaction
- Kasumi senses something dark within Honoka in a KOEI Warrior game
- Rig and Honoka could be MIST brother and sister somehow, and emit the same dark Raidou-red effects when pushed to their limits
- Honoka is raised by her 'grandmother'

From your theory, I think it actually makes sense, but I would like to understand what the number 3 means. Her grandmother also baffles my mind, but if she is an experiment we can assume it was: Lisa, NiCO or Christie... someone directly involved in the mist lab.

I guess if NiCO was created by Lisa, and Honoka was created by NiCO? My guess is that Honoka was created using downloaded information from the DOA fighters throughout the DOA tournaments. NiCO does all of her work on a tropical island, just like Weatherby from the DOA movie.

Team NINJA is drawing a bit of inspiration from the film IMO.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
NiCO is not a machine, or cyborg or whatever. NiCO is a human being how would she be created by Lisa?

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
NiCO is not a machine, or cyborg or whatever. NiCO is a human being how would she be created by Lisa?

Because in order to be grandma you would have already been required to produce a child in some way.

A few months ago I thought Honoka was totally human.

KwonJigglypuff

Interesting. I wonder why she doesn't have moves from Mila, who actually took part in the tourney in DOA5. She has Rig's though..

Ninoasker

She is a fan of the DOA tournaments and Ein did participate in the second one. Maybe she saw him on tv or something back then and learned it that way??
Or, if she’s actually a DOATEC project, it could make sense that she has Ein’s movements (and Rig’s if he ends up being revealed he’s another DOATEC creation too). The explanation being that maybe the scientists could’ve added some of Ein and Rig’s dna to her, making her able to use their movements.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Idk if this the right place but there’s something that I noticed. In Nico’s reveal there was a segment where Christiebasked NiCO what she was doing and NiCO said that it wasn’t her business. Something on the wall caught my attention. View attachment 26964
Right up there it says HNK-03, I believe that HNK stands for Honoka, I think Honoka was created in the DOAtec lab with the help of Raidou’s DNA. We don’t know anything about Honoka’s parents, we only know her “grandmother”. I doubt her grandmother is blood related.
HNK-03...

DOATEC projects are codenamed in Greek alphabet...

Kasumi was Alpha (1), Hayate was Epsilon (4)...

Honoka was most likely Project Gamma (3).

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Then who’s beta? Omega or Raidou?
Omega is already ruled out, since Genra filled that role. So that would leave Raidou as Project Beta by process of elimination.

But I also had another theory about Raidou... that he may have been an unnumbered prototype at first, then a numbered project later. When Raidou defected from the Mugen Tenshin village as a result of his infidelity, he came back a while later to learn the Torn Sky Blast. When he was defeated in the first DOA tourney, his remains as well as the skills he stole at the time (including the Torn Sky Blast) came to be known as Project Beta, which would serve as the basis for creating Project Gamma.

Baji Breakdancer

Real talk: I never gave Honoka a chance in DOA5 and wrote her off as a gimmick character. However after the new story info actually giving Honoka lore, plus theories like this, it’s really provided some good context for her. Even playing her makes more sense- that she’s basically got multiple personality disorder, but for martial arts.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD