How would you improve Eliot in DOA5U?

Zeo

This guy is dead, they destroyed him. gg Eliot players I'm sorry. Most you can do is pray this isn't the final build and he's got something new cooked up you haven't seen.

What made Eliot so frightening that he lost ALL his guaranteed options when he had very few to begin with vs someone like Akira or Jann Lee >.> He's utterly shit now
Oh don't worry they nerfed them too. Along with Helena, Christie, Ayane to a degree and maybe even Lei. I'm almost praying Sarah gets a nerf, it's almost justice at this point with all the nerfs flying around.

David Gregg

i look back at this thread and find it adorable we all expected buffs for him only for him to get nerfed even further.

thank god leons back... hope yall have new mains lined up too cuz unless you're a masochist theres no reason to continue bothering with this garbage character

Wait what do you mean? What happened and how do you know he got nerfed?

David Gregg

aw man I missed the summer jam. :( Any place where I can watch the clips? I almost don't want to if he's playing as bad as everyone is saying he is

ScattereDreams

This guy is dead, they destroyed him. gg Eliot players I'm sorry. Most you can do is pray this isn't the final build and he's got something new cooked up you haven't seen.

Oh don't worry they nerfed them too. Along with Helena, Christie, Ayane to a degree and maybe even Lei. I'm almost praying Sarah gets a nerf, it's almost justice at this point with all the nerfs flying around.

Those characters were nerfed but still completely viable and are still considered threats. Eliot was less than solid in DOA5 vanilla, now it's just wow..

Chapstick

aw man I missed the summer jam. :( Any place where I can watch the clips? I almost don't want to if he's playing as bad as everyone is saying he is
I wouldn't count on it. It was an all day constant stream, so I'm not sure if someone would upload the whole thing in a bunch of parts. I was half paying attention when I watched him and only saw one fight which was against Rachel. He did win, but was in a skilled player's hands.

Zeo

Those characters were nerfed but still completely viable and are still considered threats. Eliot was less than solid in DOA5 vanilla, now it's just wow..
I won't argue with that even in the slightest. I'm sorry I don't know what they could be thinking. If anything they could buff Eliot's frames as we haven't seen those. There's still hope for him if that's the case.

I'm truly sorry though. As a Hayate player (from 1.00-1.02) I definitely know what it's like to main a trash character.

David Gregg

Found a gameplay vid of him. Click on Summer Jam's link and the most recent "Untitled Broadcast". He's versing Rachel around 20:00. Other than that awkward mid kick he looks like he plays a lot like his vanilla version.

Is there more gameplay vids of him so I can see these supposed "nerfs"? Also I have yet to see his new bound which definitely exists. It just seems like this player hasn't had enough time to experiment with Eliot to see his new moves/properties. (remains in denial)

Last edited:

David Gregg

No I was the one who tested Eliot on stream I did it several times never worked also 6 H+K is unsafe on block and is slower on start up -.-

nooooo-o.gif

It's like they hate Eliot. -_-

werewolfgold

Well, look on the bright side, guys. Maybe it'll be like Helena at the start of DOA5 where all roads point to saying that he sucks and then *something* will happen to change everyone's minds...

David Gregg

Well, look on the bright side, guys. Maybe it'll be like Helena at the start of DOA5 where all roads point to saying that he sucks and then *something* will happen to change everyone's minds...

I want to believe this but TN seriously has something against Eliot. pre-DOA5 he looked amazing leading to TN nerfing him immediately. Now in Ultimate I haven't seen a single improvement and they've given him the most ridiculous wimpy mid-kick that looks like it was purposely made as a joke.

ScattereDreams

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD