"I believe I shall take out the garbage!" - Marie-Rose General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
I'm surprised no one made a Marie-Rose thread yet. But here we are.

This thread is dedicated to the Wicked Lil' Servant herself, as we look up and see her new changes that are included in DOA6. Strategies, combos, and other tech information for this character will be provided as well.

Here's what we know so far about Marie-Rose:

• :K::K:: Has a third string, which is now :K::K::K:. Goes into Rondo stance.
  • :P::P::2::K: : New animation which replicates BT :2::K:. It's super unsafe on block, wouldn't recommend using it too much.
  • :3::P::P:: New string extension. Goes into Rondo stance.
  • :6::6::h::+::K:: New 3-hit string that causes launch, similar to Leifang's :9::K::K::K:. Possible string extension?
  • :P::P::6::P:: Goes into Rondo stance.
  • :P::P::6::P::P:: Goes into Rondo stance.
  • :P::K:: Has a third string, which is now :P::K::K:. Goes into Rondo Stance.
  • :4::h::+::K:: New move. Goes into Rondo stance.
  • :h::+::K:: Puts an opponent into a different stun (thanks @Vigoorian King)

If you have any more to add about this character, please feel free to contribute! I'll update the original thread along the way.

But for now... DISCUSS!

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I was watching some gameplay footage and I noticed at 2:15 that Marie Rose's 9KK is visually slower than her current LR one

It Doesn't seem like they slowed it down that much but in LR the ender is 21i but watching the more noticeable delay it has in DOA6, it seems like they may have added 2 to 4 more frames to slow it down, which makes sense since she is able to free cancel it and can go backturned and such and BT reset set ups and such with the move

crapoZK

Standard Donor
You cannot hold that move on reaction in DOA5LR so it makes sense for them to slow down the 2nd kick so that you can actually see it coming.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
You cannot hold that move on reaction in DOA5LR so it makes sense for them to slow down the 2nd kick so that you can actually see it coming.
I personally think it was more nerfed/slowed down since she has too many options she can do from it if does hit, although idk what her CB attack will do now since there's no CBs anymore in 6 xD

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
If I'm going to be really honest here, I wish players would stop relying too much on Marie-Rose's Fatal Rush. I will say, however, that I love Marie-Rose's third string to her :K::K: (see 4:45).

I personally think it was more nerfed/slowed down since she has too many options she can do from it if does hit, although idk what her CB attack will do now since there's no CBs anymore in 6 xD

On 4:57, :6::6::P: now has a Close Hit property.

Macca Beam

I know the M-word is a bit of a trigger word, but I have to ask. With all the new attention for Rondo, did anything change regarding 2/8P+K?

Vigoorian King

6Oq0Mm3.gif

:h::+::K: now puts the opponent in a different type of stun (it's a new stun type, isn't it?)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
6Oq0Mm3.gif

:h::+::K: now puts the opponent in a different type of stun (it's a new stun type, isn't it?)
I think it is, I noticed they're giving that move stun to alot of attacks that would make the opponent be in a crumple stun or limbo stun on counter hit for some reason xD idk if that stun will happen on normal hit but it seems like it'll be a useful CH stun

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

Some game footage I found, Marie Rose's Fatal Sit down stun is her 3P+K~K attack. Skip to 2:45 and you'll see it. Sorry if this was already known xD

Macca Beam

really liking the bound move

also coming from the ninjas' 500hit anime flurries, seeing hits being so spaced out (esp. the second clip) is amusing

Princess Kasumi

bad news. I watched someones stream of beta xbox Marie Rose's commandlist and her new hopkick 6h+k is now gone. Why did they take it out?

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
bad news. I watched someones stream of beta xbox Marie Rose's commandlist and her new hopkick 6h+k is now gone. Why did they take it out?
It's still in the game, just hidden.

Also in regards to her special sidestep, DO NOT ABUSE IT IN DOA6. I learned that the hard way while playing the game. Just stick to her regular sidestep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD