"I Got No Time For You!" The General Jacky Discussion Thread

KING JAIMY

How do you fight ayane as Jacky? Seems like a bit of a crawl to get in and do things when she's spacing.

At close range both characters have equal speed: 10/12/12. In neutral you want to rely on his fast moves and frame traps. 6P is i12 and your main strike to get the stun. P is +1 on block and works extremely well against defensive opponents. 44P is only 10 frames and -2 on block. 6P+K is i16 and gives an extremely deep stun. 6P+K is also only -3 on block IIRC. 4K is unsafe on block, but has only 15 startup frames, has delayable follow-ups and it gives a nice stun. 1P+KP is a good way to start your offense too. Only -5 on block and stuns on NH. 2H+KK(K) string is only i12 and great for mixups and pressure. 2P+K is +1 on block and gives a guaranteed 6P on hit.

You won't be fighting Ayane much in close range though if the Ayane player is smart. You should make use of his long range tools and whiff punishers.

3K has pretty good reach and is godlike if you hit Ayane in her back. Off of 3K you get a guaranteed (2)3P launch with the juggle: FSK x2 > 4H+K x2 > 7K.

66K is a good keepout tool as because of its ridiculous range. 15 startup frames and semi-safe on block so your opponent has to respect it.

46H+K is i17 a good safe tool and tracks. Its range is pretty decent.

66H+K raw has absurd range but is moderately slow at i20. The move is semi-safe on block and 66H+K4 is safe on block.

3H+K and 4H+K are your main whiff punishers. 3H+K is a high kick, semi-safe and will give a knockdown which allows for psuedo force techs if your opponent misses the tech. 4H+K is a mid kick but is unsafe on block , so you want to be careful with that one. Follow up with P+KP > 1P+KPK if you manage to hit Ayane with 4H+K.

Lulu

Well you can watch out for Ayane's Fubu...... its her Backflip and even though it puts her at a significant disadvantage, not knowing how to punish it properly can cost you the round....

In any stage with a ceiling, you might want to look out for her backwards rolling kick... its not threat in other stages but in a stage with a ceiling that kick will bounce you right off the ceiling leaving you vulnerable.... pretty much just like all the other Ninjas.

Note that just because I said "Backwards" doesn't mean she'l be moving away from away you, Ayane has many BT moves so any backward motion she has with her Back Turned will be moving torwards you.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Well you can watch out for Ayane's Fubu...... its her Backflip and even though it puts her at a significant disadvantage, not knowing how to punish it properly can cost you the round....

In any stage with a ceiling, you might want to look out for her backwards rolling kick... its not threat in other stages but in a stage with a ceiling that kick will bounce you right off the ceiling leaving you vulnerable.... pretty much just like all the other Ninjas.

Note that just because I said "Backwards" doesn't mean she'l be moving away from away you, Ayane has many BT moves so any backward motion she has with her Back Turned will be moving torwards you.
I'd appreciate some notations for moves because I don't know that much.

Lulu

I'd appreciate some notations for moves because I don't know that much.

My Bad :oops:... her Backflip is BT:9:.
And her Rolling Kick is BT:6::H+K:.

Actually Ayane has has alot of usefull attacks.... fighting a seasoned Ayane player is no easy feat no matter who you use.

She doesn't have "Best Moves" but rather she has the right move for every scenario.... kinda like Bayman.

One this I can say for sure is DO NOT SIDE STEP.... if theres one thing Ayane does well its keeping her opponents in line.... literally.

Lulu

FINALY !!!!
Just Completed Jacky's Feather Weight Combo Challenge....
By far the hardest thing I've ever had to do in a game..... :jacky:

And now my left harm is stiff as hell.

Lulu

Okay so this is weird.
Jacky's (& Sarah's) :2::P: is 12 (2) 18 when its blocked or when it misses.... but it looks like this 12 (2) 14 when it hits an opponent.

I think his Jab might be similar.

Jon-o-thon

The hardest thing for me to do with Jacky is opening people up and keeping pressure. Ive seen some Jacky's just put on crazy pressure, but i'm not quite sure what i do wrong. I think i probably try to think too much about the situation, since thats what I usually do when i'm using other characters like Hayabusa and Leon >_<

KING JAIMY

The hardest thing for me to do with Jacky is opening people up and keeping pressure. Ive seen some Jacky's just put on crazy pressure, but i'm not quite sure what i do wrong. I think i probably try to think too much about the situation, since thats what I usually do when i'm using other characters like Hayabusa and Leon >_<
You can open up people with 6P, 3PP, 6P+K, 4K and 4P. Basically those are all his safe and fast moves.

I also created a Jacky guide a while ago. Perhaps you'll find something there as I have his most important moves analyzed: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/the-blue-flash-doa5lr-jacky-guide.5846/

Lulu

Hello ?

Anybody home ?

Anyway I found something interesting.

:6_::K::5::h:
:P+K::P:
:2::P:
:1::P+K::K:

I'm surpised this combo actually worked. Cool huh ? Now..... forget you ever saw it because it is completey useless.

Well that's not entirely true. The last hit grants you an extra 0.5M wall splat range.

Lulu

So appearently when you use a power launcher the damage reduction is 50%.... which I thought was weird because the usual damage reduction for juggles is 40%.

So has it always been like that ?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I have to admit, but 3P from Jacky is quite good. 3PP is a natural combo that jails and can't be held, as well as the shuffle from it provides him with 33, which even after cancel, you are at advantage initially provided you don't use slow moves after it since the stun duration from 3PP4 is small on fastest stagger.

Also would probably point out that 4P+K is such an underrated move. I had a couple games with Emann and Kwiggs the other day and the move for the faint is great. It even tracks as well. I even been using 1PK near walls for the splat along with 66H+K4 > Backdash.

Lulu

Yep.... Jacky is quite mobile.... which is great because his hurtbox is Gigantic.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
He's pretty moderate in speed. FSK is still most priority to getting things going. +3 on block, fast launcher, and can combo to just about almost anything and maximizing damage. I mean, you can literally lock someone with it to condition them to block or attack while you are at +3 to win in those cases.

Lulu

I love the Revovery on FSK..... I've whiffed that move on many occasions and still managed to recover just in Time to Guard.

I just need to learn how to do it without making obvious that I'm about to do (when you see Jacky Walking Forward).

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
@Darkslay @Nereus @Lulu

So check this out. This might prove very useful actually. So on standard ground, :2::P: CH > :6_::P: will whiff right? - However if you do 2P CH into a jab on slippery surfaces, it will connect every single time and it's considered a 2-hit combo. Difference is that it can be staggered but you will not see someone stagger out from a 2P CH because it's instant.

Lulu

Huh.... you can Combo from Jacky's :2::P: on Counter Hit ? Damn that actually could be useful :eek:.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Just found out that Jacky's mid sabaki only works on his Back Slide Shuffle but not within string attack variations off it. I just spoke to someone on Twitter from the VF boards and he said that Jacky's mid sabaki works on all forms of Slide Shuffle with the exception of mids that can't be parried nor sabaki / sabaki resistance / unblockable mids etc.

I am unsure if this is a glitch or intentional but we need to make a video out of this. I should be home sometime tonight.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD