I Have A Button Mashing Problem...

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
I just wanna go out on a limb and tell the whole FGC and the DOA community that I will admit the fact that I have a button mashing problem.

Why mash? I do it mostly when I panic under pressure. Yea, I'll admit it: I get nervous and that's not good. It's like on training mode I felt like I know what I was doing, but as I got into the actual game I start to get nervous and panic.

I understand that the FGC frowns upon button mashers. But I need to control it.

Ghosty-J

I think I can relate <_< I tend to button mash when I'm excessively rusty and suffer some brutal losses along the way. I get in enough real fights to warm up, get my groove back, and start hauling tail. But know when I start panicking, I'll end up mashing like crazy :U Not sure if I can fix it at this point since it's based on reflex these days...

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
If you guys saw the FSD stream that Sorwah put up a couple weeks ago, you could see how poorly I played.

Chaos

I just wanna go out on a limb and tell the whole FGC and the DOA community that I will admit the fact that I have a button mashing problem.

Why mash? I do it mostly when I panic under pressure. Yea, I'll admit it: I get nervous and that's not good. It's like on training mode I felt like I know what I was doing, but as I got into the actual game I start to get nervous and panic.

I'm breaking that habit when I'm under pressure and the button mashing panic attack is quicky fading away :)

Ghosty-J

I kind of have a small way of suppressing that urge to MASH. The moment I'm against the ropes at any point of a fight, I just stay calm and realize that I'm gonna get screwed no matter what. And by a bleak miracle, I try to execute whatever tactic I learned in Training to apply to the game and start working some magic. And if something ends up working in my favor, I tend not to question it and keep at what I've been doing.

MajesticBlue

I kinda find I don't hit enough buttons when I play. Every option I have is too scary hahaha. So I have the opposite problem. At least if you mash you have a chance to get some damage. If only punishing worked better online...

X51

I have the proble that I still don't know when to hit buttons after a successfull block... So I end up mashing to get the "timming" and end up butt kicked again.

Also with less than 2, and even some 3-4, quality connection I'm unavailable of time anything, I drop every single juggle follow up always.

Awesmic

Standard Donor

Try being frowned upon for reasons other than button-mashing, then you can talk about problems.

This is nothing.

Brute

Standard Donor
Sometimes you have to. For example, with Mila's triple somersault (double force-tech) into grapple set-up, really your only option is to mash 2T repeatedly and hope you can catch her in the tiny as window you get before the tackle connects.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Another thing that I haven't mentioned is that sometimes people try too hard while doing combos.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD