DOA5U "I have no choice, but to fight!" Kasumi's Gameplay DOA5U discussion

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Not sure yet. All characters are being re-tooled. Won't know anything until we get more info. And her new 66KK is in the video in the op. around 0:25 to 0:30

XxSakuraLuvaxX

Skip to around 1:50 to start Momiji & Ayane vs Leifang and Kasumi.

(E3, no frame data but this might still help!)
This shows her sweater costume, glasses & long hair.
@ 2:45, a few things happen here- Ayane does a high hold, but 236P still hits. It could either be that the hold was too early, or it's a different hit now. It has this twirling kind of launch.
Providing the high chance this person was 'button mashing,' they did the string PPPP, but didn't finish with the elbow so it will most likely be there but there's still a chance that PPPP(P) is gone.

"CAN'T YOU JUST LET ME WIN?!" "NO."

Tenryuga

So if 66KK is her new, knockdown one, what's the input for her old SDS 66KK?

I've heard that the followup you get to 66K depends on how quickly you press the second K. If its mashed out you will get the knockdown; if there is a pause you get the sitdown stun. I don't know why they couldn't just make it two separate strings like maybe 66K6K / 66K4K for the knockdown and 66KK for the SDS.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
In a way, I think all of this is buffs, but I wouldn't be surprised if her 236T juggles changed. 46H & 1T may stay the same because of K strings connect better than P strings

Here's more news:

Kasumi
1. Damage is decreased
2. Mid distance strong attack and damage are not proportional.
3. Fixed to become close combat type. Still weaken critical has not been made stronger.
4. 33T happens in 12F,won't move forward, effective distance decreased, damage decreased to 65
5. As HP is now increased, other than 33T, all throw damage are increased. 7F throw 6T increased damage from 42 to 50,10F throw 4T from 48 to 56 etc. But 236T startup (236T >KK7K6P+K >PPKK)damage is decreased from 75 to 71.

6. PPPPP on block change from -7F to -8F. But if hit, it is 31F (not moving the joystick), critical.
7. 66KK(input beforehand) while on block is -17F
8. 66KK(input beforehand) for normal hit, can lead to sitting stunt. Critical is 11F?~20F,CB not sure.
9. 66KK(input beforehand) Critical Finish can do followup,can make your foes down again
10. 66KK(input beforehand) can also create floor bounds, since it is not a sitting stunt, cannot follow up with CB.

11. 66KK(input beforehand) floor bounds can do a follow-up of 33P >2P > Using 4PKK etc.
12. 3KK is back (LF2K: the move that make your opponent fly far away, what is the terminology for it in English? Someone please tell me.)
13. 3K is -8F on block, when hit is 4F, not critical
14. H+K when counter hit can create back turn critical. Normal position 6K can put your opponent in the air.
15. 66P when hit back of foe become front critical.

16. 3PKK same as last version, from 3P to 4KK, because 4KK is slow, sometimes P will over-ride it.
17. 4H+K when counter hit will have a little floor bounds.
18. 236P when hit in the air can launch your opponent a little bit more.
19. While doing 44P, Kasumi can move a bit sideway, has evasive property, no SS, no follow, but she only move a little bit, often gets hit by that.
20. 7P back flip can only do twice in a roll.

21. 9PK when hit will have floor bounds, while in the air, can follow-up with 9PK6P+K KK etc.
22. PP6P2k property changed to down
23. 3H Hold timing is more strict. If foe is behind wall, when hold is successful, Kasumi can go to back side of foe.
24. While facing wall, when 3P+KT is successful, Kasumi voice is changed from "hai! hai!" to "hai! dou!"
25. Taunt increase to 4, 3 new extra taunt.
26. Air combo PP6P6KK, after PP6P6K can wake up.
27. Guarantee Combo decreased. 6PK2K also decrease damage.
28. After 46T, Kasumi is in advantage, however not sure if the next hit connect. Wait a bit can do 46T again.

I pretty much expected a damage nerf & some decrease in some juggle damage potential.

Keylay

Since you can do 9PK from hoshinpo now and it causes floor bounds to the opponents in the air I'm guessing that we'll get new combos like (after max height launch) KK7K -> 6P+K -> 9PK -> 6P+K -> KK.

With the force tech system changes, I was pretty sure the last kick of PP6P6KK wouldn't be guaranteed on opponents in an air combo but it's confirmed now.

Sucks that 66P causes opponents to turn around.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to get a counter hit H+K to get a back turned stun.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
If you guys are interested, you can contact directly the author of the blog that had the possibily to try the DoA5U demo (he know the English language); this one is his twitter account: https://twitter.com/mist_online
Thanks, Kronin. I appreciate it. I think besides the wake up game & damage nerf, these are buffs. A lot of things in this info I found interesting. We'll see.

SchwarzPhy

All of it sounds interesting but I want to spend some time in the lab before I make any judgements. September can't come soon enough.

Edit: I wonder if the 236p relaunch affects PKKP. I was thinking after launch PKKP or KKP might set up some good combos.

Allan Paris

JDE how does any of that sound like buffs to you? Seriously answer me that if you can, I'm curious to know because I can't see it.

I can see that whoever typed this doesn't know English all that well but I can understand over the majority of it. Nothing I read is a buff, personally. The only thing that could be seen as one is that her punish throw does 8 more points of damage. I can assure you that everyone else got that buff as well because of the health increase. So that's not really a buff because they are compensating for the increased health in the game.

I am sure she's still going to be Kasumi in the end. I really hope this dude doesn't know how to play all that well and doesn't know what to look for. Not to be offensive or anything but, what I am getting, if he does know what he is doing and knows what to look for then then none of this stuff is a buff for her.

Lol, please tell me whoever in here has ever hit someone or a large amount of players with 9PK on HIT consistently....... I'll wait for that answer with video footage...

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
JDE how does any of that sound like buffs to you? Seriously answer me that if you can, I'm curious to know because I can't see it.

I can see that whoever typed this doesn't know English all that well but I can understand over the majority of it. Nothing I read is a buff, personally. The only thing that could be seen as one is that her punish throw does 8 more points of damage. I can assure you that everyone else got that buff as well because of the health increase. So that's not really a buff because they are compensating for the increased health in the game.

I am sure she's still going to be Kasumi in the end. I really hope this dude doesn't know how to play all that well and doesn't know what to look for. Not to be offensive or anything but, what I am getting, if he does know what he is doing and knows what to look for then then none of this stuff is a buff for her.

Lol, please tell me whoever in here has ever hit someone or a large amount of players with 9PK on HIT consistently....... I'll wait for that answer with video footage...
No one cares to use 9PK LOL. I was looking at the bound states & evasions, That's what I found interesting. I knew that they were going to do damage nerfs to her. I also think 46T will be a good tool. I'm still wanting to know if we have force techs.

Edit: I'm just ready to get my hands on the game & yeah I would rather 1 of the players here test the game. I'm just looking at what she "possibly" has rather than what she doesn't. It can be looked at both ways.

Shade

LMAO video footage though. Still Its not all roses, but I think the new bound system changes how shes going to combo anyway. I mean based on the notes, it looks like kasumi will be able to stun > 4H+K > free bound combo which cant be held. Which would bypass building up a bunch of stun before getting damage. Also her 2K off of 6p and every other string that contains it gives a trip stun again.

9PK needs to be changed to a mid kick period. At least then the opponent has to choose to duck or get hit. Never understood the meaning behind it being a High.

66P nerf is whatever, because again 66kk gives the bound animation.

I don't like the 3pkk change at all unless the ending K gives a ground bounce when comboing in the air.

That 3K change was unnecessary. Making her string elbow ender -8 now is also silly. But it was negative on hit before with SE so it is what it is. Hopefully 2p is no longer -1 on hit.

I think 1P needs to be -5 or lower.

And 46H>9PK>whatever combo will be crazy stylish.

I really hope they go back to 270 life though.

Allan Paris

So where's the buffs again?? After reading that Shade, as positive as it is, you just pointed out more of the negatives in the changes than good.

JDE............
Well 9PK is a bound move but yet you have admitted that no one cares about it. Well at least that makes 3 (including shade) of us for the most part, somebody else may care. So we have just figured out one move that has a good effect but will be used scarcely if at all. For it to be an actual part of her gameplay some major changes need to be done to the move. So if the move isn't faster than what it use to be and the Kick is still a high, then good luck with having this move implemented into her gameplay to get the desired effect from it.

The recovery also needs to be reduced, if it's still a high it will be some bs if low holding from it allows people to recover before she does. I know holds are -40 but I don't know if that's enough for her to whiff that move and be fine.

This is one of the moves that you see as a buff because you are paying attention to the bound states and evasions.

44P has always been an evasive move of hers since she has had it. As 2D as DOA4 was you could get the step on players when using the move. It took great precision to do it but it could be done.

66KK having a bound state is ok but until I can see the damage she gets from a bound state juggle then this move seems like high risk/low reward...

66KK is now unsafe as balls (-17i).
When blocked a hard punish can be applied (Izuna drop type shit)
The opponent can hold the second kick unless the move is made into a 2in1 now???

There's like 5 different notes for the move so there is great confusion there on whether or not the move creates a bound state when first used or when it's used to finish a juggle or mid juggle, or as critical hit?

Her new throw which I read gives her +10 is.......... nothing is guaranteed after it. So they just gave her what Hitomi has..... ok, I guess. I am sure it will be annoying just like Hitomi's is. You'll just be applying the same pressure Hitomi does after hers but with a little more speed behind you.. oh yeah, minus Hitomi's safety.

My bad for being so negative, like I said, I know Kasumi will be fine but with what I have read so far ya'll may have to do some real digging with her.

DECREASE IN HER DAMAGE OUPUT BUT INCREASE ON THE LIFE BAR:cool:

Tenryuga

3 extra taunts is a much needed buff. She was low tier on taunts. On a more serious note, since her elbow stun is +31 no SE that should make it +21 to +23 at best with SE; guaranteeing us a 9K bounce if we do it mid threshold or near the end of threshold. Mid threshold we have her 66KK bound / 66K mixup as a followup option. I have tried 33P but she is out of range for that. Maybe a short dash will allow it to connect. If her elbow breaks the threshold we get a bound shown in the vid below. Right now in 5 he gets nothing but the addition of the bound floor state might allow us to get something in 5U. Would be pretty nice if she could get a 33P or a dash in 4PKK.

djynho

@ 1:40 Kasumi interrupted Helena's 3-in-1 punches from [hold]3pp as soon as the first punch of the second p input whiffed. Wonder if that's new or added to 5U.

Allan Paris

@ 1:40 Kasumi interrupted Helena's 3-in-1 punches from [hold]3pp as soon as the first punch of the second p input whiffed. Wonder if that's new or added to 5U.

That entire string was whiff'd, yeah she can be punched out of it. That's nothing new.

synce

So in the new batch of official videos you can see Kasumi do a CB combo that takes about 39% life (118pts) on NH... Is that on par with her current stuff?

Shade

So in the new batch of official videos you can see Kasumi do a CB combo that takes about 39% life (118pts) on NH... Is that on par with her current stuff?

It's almost on par. But it's good enough and can do a little bit more with walk around back 4H+K as the launcher if it still works.

And for those that haven't seen what synce is talking about....

I suspected we would get to do 9PK mid combo and this confirms it. Maybe they even changed it to hit Mid K as well. Very cool. 66KK giving a sitdown stun on CH is even better than we could've hoped. Christie players gotta be mad. It'll likely get hit with nerf bat by week 1 lmao.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD