DOA5U "I have no choice, but to fight!" Kasumi's Gameplay DOA5U discussion

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
It's almost on par. But it's good enough and can do a little bit more with walk around back 4H+K as the launcher if it still works.

And for those that haven't seen what synce is talking about....

I suspected we would get to do 9PK mid combo and this confirms it. Maybe they even changed it to hit Mid K as well. Very cool. 66KK giving a sitdown stun on CH is even better than we could've hoped. Christie players gotta be mad. It'll likely get hit with nerf bat by week 1 lmao.

LOL The Fuck?! I was telling somebody the other day that since 9PK a bound state that maybe we'd get to do a juggle off 9PK off an air throw or hold (236T, 1T, 46H, possibly 1H) or as a follow up. I wasn't wrong. 9PK imo used to be a move that didn't seem scary but now it looks like it'll be viable. The questions now are how much useful is it compared to the other juggles & did they change it to a mid. .
Doesn't change the fact that you need to choose a giant stage to do stuff like this.
Maybe, but it depends on how far away your are from the wall, too. Stages like Sakura, the water rafter etc, the juggle can be a good situational.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tenryuga

Nice to see Kasumi still does solid damage. It would be great if they made 9PK a mid kick because that would greatly strengthen her hoshinpo mixups. Shed have the elbow sitdown stun leading into guaranteed 9K for a high, 9PK for the bound into small juggle and free cancel mixups should she choose to end her dash. Hopefully low holds don't blow up 9PK. I can't see the video at this time but if 9PK is possible after a 7K then that's great as well because it makes 7K a useful fast mid K launcher at 12 frames.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I updated the OP with the video to give a better explanation of 9PK & 66KK.

Keylay

You can tell that Kasumi does less damage now. In DOA5, she can do the same critical burst in fewer hits with the old 66KK (66P -> 66KK -> CB).

Tenryuga

You can tell that Kasumi does less damage now. In DOA5, she can do the same critical burst in fewer hits with the old 66KK (66P -> 66KK -> CB).

Let's not forget this is the new 66KK and not the old one. The old one would undoubtedly do more damage than the new one due to it being slower and easier to react to. For all we know this new one could possibly be a 2 in 1 and If she is doing 118 on NH for CB combos in 5U we really have nothing to worry about. That is around the same level of damage she is capable of now with free step 4H+K as the launcher on NH and I think its safe to say that if the 9PK 6P+K KK ender is possible after that launch in 5U (assuming she still has it) the damage will be more than 118. For those of you that don't know btw 118 points on NH is around 140+ on CH. So yeah lets refrain from concluding she got a overall damage nerf when in actuality she only might have lost 1-3 points on certain moves and had her actual juggle damage unchanged. Plus we still don't know the potential of 236P as a relaunch so yeah. We've got some stuff to work with.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
This is basically confirmation that bounds are the new FT's. :)

I doubt that bounds have anything to do with replacing force techs/untechables or having new confirmation for them. Bounds are ground attacks that gives you a follow up from it, most likely a small launcher for an extra juggle, maybe higher. Tekken has plenty of bounds where you can follow up with (just an example if you didn't know about it. If you did, my bad). I'm hoping there's still tech/untechables in the game.

Edit: If you guys want, you can list your skype or aim names (which ever 1 you have) for the group so when it's time, we can just all be set & then go to work.

XxSakuraLuvaxX

Edit: If you guys want, you can list your skype or aim names (which ever 1 you have) for the group so when it's time, we can just all be set & then go to work.
My skype's just my username.

Something I noticed, in the bikini video the person showing off 236T KK7K 6P+K 9PK 6P+K KK
hit the KK7K really low.. It could either be that the person couldn't dash right
(we all know team ninja people can't really play doa *cough* momiji juggle *cough*)
or that we can't dash as early as before- no more KK7K 6P+K PPKK?
However, if we can still dash as fast I think Kasumi could land a PKK7K instead.

After 9PK 6P+K mid juggle, I'm really wondering whether we could follow up instead of just the KK- it would help for people who prefer using the cartwheel as an ender, maybe if they knew how the other person would get up.
Clearly the bound isn't high enough for a 33P.

Ultimate combo POSSIBILITIES/IDEAS.

236T 66 PKK7K 6P+K 9PK 6P+K KK
33P+K (power launcher) 3P+K to slide under, then BT 4P for relaunch then maybe PKK7K 6P+K KK.
9PK 6P+K 6P6KK
mid juggle > 9PK P+K (most likely possible)

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Gotcha. Yeah I came up with some myself (including some of the ones that you've named). I think there's no more possibility for KK7K 6P+K K PP6P6K by the way the height of the KK7K animation is. Then again, it may be that the person didn't time the height just right for the juggle so it's still in the equation for now. But if the newer ones are good enough to use with more damage potential, then it'll replace it automatically regardless of it being a possibility or not. The teleport dashes, I didn't hear of anything of them being nerfed except for her range on 33T (oboro).

You named off the ones I thought of for 236T but the other 1 I thought of was KK7K 6P+K 9PK PP6P6K. KK7K 6P+K 9PK 7K 6P+K KK. That's just a few more I thought of.

As for 33P, I'm still going to test it. It may work off 66KK (the one) but not 9PK. It could just be that it wasn't shown. I hope 9PK is a mid now. 46H's juggle potential is pretty high too because it launches higher than 236T.

For the 33P+K Power launch, I thought of KK7K 6P+K KK7K 6P+K KK, KK7K 6P+K 9PK 6P+K KK. Then there's KK7K 6P+K 9PK PP6P6K The ones with the PKK7K you already named off lol.

Tenryuga

The person in the vid didn't time it right IMO. If KK7K 6P+K PPKK was reported to have the damage reduced to 71 it should mean KK7K still has enough height to it that we can hit some things. Also for those of you that didn't know already KK7K is superior to PKK7K in DOA5 because it has a higher launch and relaunch height thus leading to more damage in her throw and hold juggles in most cases. If 9PK 6P+K KK indeed becomes Kasumi's stongest juggle ender then PKK7K might be better than KK7K in some cases come 5U due to how low Helena was to the ground when 9PK hit.

For the power launcher I am seeing these

Open space
KK7K~6P+K FC PKK7K~6P+K 9PK~6P+K KK

236P KK7K~6P+K FC PKK7K~6P+K KK

I've got nothing for the wall.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
It really all depends on how high the launchers are, even the power launcher. For the wall, I still have 6K PPKK for right now, still thinking & looking them through, but then I'm looking at the heavier characters for juggles, too. I'm thinking that the juggles will be altered into something like 6K KK7K 6P+K KK (works right now in current DOA5), KK7K 6P+K 9PK 7K or something like that. Then there's some for 66KK like using 33P 2P 4PKK from the bound going into the wall.

XxSakuraLuvaxX

Imagine..
236P KK7K 6P+K 9PK 6P+K 66K_K 4PKK :oops:
And something random, I want her DOA4 33T animation back.. I liked it more.

extravagant

Hey guys,

Do you ever get countered a shitload by people who spam high and mid counters? I ALWAYS get countered by people's high and mid counters. It's annoying. Then again, most of Kasumi attacks that I use are punch/jabs.

is there like any safe or guaranteed way to combo with her? or is it just always a guessing mixup game for her?

I always ALWAYS get countered by a high or mid setup. do you guys recommend I start doing more low attacks, more grabs, or more something else??? ugh it's frustrating

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Hey guys,

Do you ever get countered a shitload by people who spam high and mid counters? I ALWAYS get countered by people's high and mid counters. It's annoying. Then again, most of Kasumi attacks that I use are punch/jabs.

is there like any safe or guaranteed way to combo with her? or is it just always a guessing mixup game for her?

I always ALWAYS get countered by a high or mid setup. do you guys recommend I start doing more low attacks, more grabs, or more something else??? ugh it's frustrating
H+K guarantees 6K as a launcher & a potential juggle follow up. It's an unholdable stun. PPK also guarantees 6K. 66KK guarantees a CB (at max thresold) & a 3H+K launcher. For the most part, you're pressuring with strings. Try to free cancel punch strings. When you get them to hold, you should either be using 33T for high counter damage or 236T for counter damage & a free juggle. That is if they're constantly holding.

As for safe, 6PK, P, PP, PPP, 4P, 2P, & strings that you would free cancel is how most Kasumi players keep her safe.

Here's the DOA5 breakdown/guide. It tells you everything that you need to know & everything that you need to use:
http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/the-kunoichi-of-destinys-breakdown.2921/

Check out the guaranteed setup section, safe section & the mixup section.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tenryuga

Hey guys,

If people are countering high and mid P use lows (such as 1P) and mid K or throw. I would recommend against using 33T to punish holds because that grab is ultra slow. Chances are you won't get the hi-counter damage from it unless you commit to it and toss it out before you see them hold which is asking to get hi counter launched by players who like to input crush launchers when they are stunned. 236T is much easier to use when you want to react to a hold because it is faster and it leads to more damage output anyway provided you have the execution for the juggles.

Other than that the only advice I can give is to use better setups. If something allows your opponent to guess 3 or more times I wouldn't use that setup too often. 3 guesses should be your limit meaning some thing like this:

Stun > 6K (1st chance to guess) > 3P(2nd chance) > launch / throw / CB ( 3rd chance).

How you want to play is up to you but you telling me your high's and mid's are constantly getting held tells me you should probably stick to smaller setups (1 - 2 guess setups). Kasumi's damage output is fine for those and if you are consistent with them it will pay off more than you trying to force threshold mixups (Launch / Throw / CB).

One last thing you are playing Kasumi. Whether you like it or not your jabs and mid P's will be the moves held the most because those are her best ways to extend stuns.

Last edited:

Tenryuga

Dunno if H+K is a turnaround but PPK still is in the current build of 5U according to the combo training. The introductory power launcher is her advanced mid kick hold combo for lightweights.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD