"I'm coming!" Ein's general discussion thread

Koompbala

Not even mid-low down playing Ein a bit much. Offbeat was even saying later on that Ein was high tier. I would say mid-high.

Zeo

Great damage, good range and whiff punishing and good juggle potential. But he's got average speed, fairly predictable and he's easily slow escaped. Eh, I suppose I'll say he's mid then.

Now what's all his nonsense about him being low in DOAD? I've never played that one.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Ein excels in higher level play more than lower level simply because he's susceptible to counter spamming. More than most, for sure. I would have put him mid-high in every game he's been in including DoAD. He has some great string delay options and his whiff punishment is definitely better than a lot of the cast.

Koompbala

Now that's a bit of a stretch. Maybe mid, MAYBE.
I'll try and remember what I can with Ein. I'll list his info

Safeness - Average
Speed - Average
Punishment - Average
Moves - Good
Whiff Punish - Great
Damage - Great
Spacing - Great
Keepout - Great

The guy was so solid he doesn't have a weak point.

Safeness - For this he was average. Frame wise he was generally like everyone else for negativity. What separated him from the rest is his unsafe moves pushed back.

Example 4K, 6P+K, 236P, 1KK, 46P

Those either pushed back to make them safe or safe at a distance. 3P completely safe 3K/KK unsafe but it had follow ups the 3rd K was semi-safe.

Speed - not much to say here not bad not good.

Punishment/Throws - His punish and throws were average. His 12i throw the best in the game. I'm not just factoring in just dmg either I'm also considering ease of use to.

Moves - Not gonna cover much but I will say this 3P was absolutely amazing. I wouldn't doubt it if it qualifies for top 3 pokes in the game probably top 5 if 3 is too much. A completely safe mid avg speed 13i puts opponent in deep stun on CH. Also a staple move to use in his combos.

Whiff Punishment - The guy could choose from so many moves he had 236P, 6P+K, 46P, even a 3KK for a launch into PP6PK

Damage - Its known he does a shit ton of damage off basic shit.

Spacing - If I remember right his movement was average but what made him shine in this was everything else. His tools, the keepout, the getting in with his long range moves. You could use his 1KP to close distance.

Keepout - That 4K all I really need to say about that with the occasional 1KK.

These things are just what I can remember from 4. I know there's more Ein is super solid.

I don't know how he could be, considering his insane damage output and need for only 1 stun to launch for good juggles.

Indeed not that many people in 4 could do that. I remember stunning with 3P launching with 3P and still getting his BnB :3::P:, :6_::K::K:

Zeo

Double mid kicks. First caused a stun you couldn't really get anything off of and the other caused a knockdown. But the kicks were quick and hard to react to/hold.

Aven Kujo-Gin

thump_8488401ein.png

I don´t understand why TN don´t bring back the bands he has in DOA2. He look much better with them.
DOAUEin_cos05.jpg

Zeo

Agreed, dangit I noticed that too. From the looks of it they brought back his shirtless red pants with chains too. Worst outfit he's ever had next to the disco getup. I actually liked and mained that outfit in DOA4 until everyone started making references to bondage. Now I can't unsee it.

Zeo

Neo Ein or bust.

Most likely a no-go. I saw in one of the E3 matches a guy was playing Ein wearing his C1 with shades, which is probably the only outfit that has it. Unless he has more than 3 costumes which I'm sort of doubting.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Most likely a no-go. I saw in one of the E3 matches a guy was playing Ein wearing his C1 with shades, which is probably the only outfit that has it. Unless he has more than 3 costumes which I'm sort of doubting.

With all the new costumes being added, I'm sure that Ein and Leon will get a decent amount too. I'm expecting both to have at least four, but probably more.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD