"I'm coming!" Ein's general discussion thread

JAG THE GEMINI

I don´t think that DOU5 will get a balance patch in the near future... It is something like a "FINAL-VERSION". And a low tier Ein like in DOA3 is not what I want.. Mid-tier would be really satisfying imo. And yeah Hayate is better now but I still don´t like him/his stile.

ninjaguy446

I haven't played any previous DOAs besides for 5 (and dimensions but that doesn't count), and had some questions about Ein.

1. If I have a pocket Hitomi, will it be hard to pick up Ein?
2. What are the differences between Ein and Hitomi?
3. How is Ein supposed to be played (offense, defense, all-around)?
4. What are his top ten moves?
5. Is there a place where his combos are written down so I can start practicing in Dimensions?
6. Why is Ein's C1 so cool?

Brute

Standard Donor
Comparative to other characters, neither are super-difficult to pick-up. Both are pretty newbie-friendly.

Ein hits harder. Has some different strings and moves.
Ein is also traditionally less "gimmicky," lacking reset throws, parries, etc.

3. How is Ein supposed ti be played (offense, defense, all-around)?
Rushdown into a wall.

5. Is there a place where his combos are written down so I can start practicing in Dimensions?
They don't have movelists in Dimensions?

'Cause Ein is cool.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I haven't played any previous DOAs besides for 5 (and dimensions but that doesn't count), and had some questions about Ein.

3. How is Ein supposed ti be played (offense, defense, all-around)?

if you're pretty familliar with Hitomi you shouldn't have too much of a problem getting into Ein afterall Hitomi was used as a replacement for Ein after he became Hayate in DoA3.

1. not at all, Ein is a beginner character and having some knowledge on Hitomi should be a good start for playing Ein.

2. Ein is slower, but he's stronger and has a bunch of good stuns.

3. I have always played him offensively for the most part, but he has a bunch of high damaging holds so he's also a very good defensive character his focus is mostly heavy hitting strikes and good throws/holds.

4. I can't remeber most of his moveset so your best asking someone like Zeo, but I am always fond of 33T, 33T(at a wall) 6P+K, 9PK, 236P and 8K.

5. maybe in an Ein discussion on the DoAD forums? I have no idea sorry, again best asking someone liek Zeo.

6. because Ein is the epitome of awesome and he has dapper shades. :cool:

Zeo

Alright, fire away.

As Brute said they're pretty easy to pick up. Ein is a little simpler than Hitomi but you can't play them the same.

I2. What are the differences between Ein and Hitomi?
Again like Brute said he hits harder and his range is SLIGHTLY better. They'll have a lot more differences in 5 however as he'll have an Offensive Hold which she doesn't have, the last hit of most of his strings is a mid kick whereas Hitomi's variant is a high kick and he'll most likely have better sit-down stuns as well as of course damage.

3. How is Ein supposed to be played (offense, defense, all-around)?
He can be played very defensively if you want, rushdown into a wall is where he excels but he's a bit slower than a good deal of the cast (his fastest mid is 13 frames) so he has to play a bit carefully. I like to space and whiff punish my opponent into a wall. He plays the stun game very well also.

Hmm.. hard to list them in a specific order but I'll try.

1. :3::P: His fastest mid. 13 frames, what separates it from most is the lift stun you get, one of the deepest stuns in the game comparable to that of a jab. It also may track in 5U. It's also safe.

2. :6::P+K: Hard to say if this will still be on the list in 5U. Probably not. But this was his best poke, TONS of range, deep stun on hit and safe from a distance. It was also crazy fast as a 14 frame mid punch. Sadly it's become his critical burst in 5U and will most likely be 19 frames now, much slower and less useful. It'll probably still be a high crush though which is nice.

3. :3::3::F+P: His best throw, high damage, crazy damage on hi-counter throw, soviet damage near a wall. Use it, fear it.

4. :2::P: It's 13 frames and +1 on normal hit making him a bit faster. He's like a mini Akira. Make good use of this.

5. :P: Not kidding. It's 10 frames and should legit be used at specific times, more as a poke.

6. :4::6::K: His only frame advantage move in 4 and probably dimensions. It's an unholdable high kick + Guard break on block with good range, I don't know how many frames of advantage it gives him but he could beat out Kasumi with :3::P: after it. Definitely abuse this. Hopefully it won't get nerfed in 5U.

7. :4::K: His best high crush imo, it's pretty fast, safe from a distance as it pushes back a bit and you get a nice juggle from it on counter hit as well as a hard knockdown on normal hit.

8. :236::P: Great ranged whiff punisher, primary candidate for hitting opponents into walls from a distance. Also pushes back making it safe from a distance.

9. Toss up between :2::F+K: (Deep stun and his best low, will probably be nerfed down to +10 in 5U like Hayate's) and :3::3::K: (His best mid launcher and guarantees a juggle on NH launch as well as CH)

10. :236::F+P: Offensive hold, obviously great tool. Even better now that not everyone has one in 5U, you'll probably want to abuse this as well.

Because Ein is epic and that's his best costume in the series. Screw the haters.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'll have some time to put Ein through his paces in a week. If anyone wants specific things tested, let me know.

Zeo

I'll have some time to put Ein through his paces in a week. If anyone wants specific things tested, let me know.

You know I do, but I'll just put up key things.

- I'd like to know the properties of 46K. GB, advantage, etc.

- Is 236K still a holdable mid kick that's negative on block?

- What's to become of 8P? Is it a sit down stun or bound? Can it be used as a bound/ground bounce into combos after a launch?

- Is 8K or 6P+K a sit-down stun? And a useful one at that?

- Frames on 2F+K on hit.

- How fast/safe/unsafe is 4K?

- Properties of 3F+K on hit and block.

- How safe is PP6PK?

You'll probably cover most of this anyway but those are some pretty key things to check. And of course you'll already see what his new stuff is (juggles/moves/etc). There are apparently a few people covering Ein. I hope you guys come back with some good tidbits, maybe even a little footage.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'll have to ask Tom if we can cap anything. Otherwise I'll just check for new moves, see how his bnbs work, and look for big changes to frame data. As far as I know, though, 6P+K is his CB so I sincerely doubt it's a sit down.

Reactions: Zeo

TakedaZX

I've got one too CE: did they can the old BT P (looks like 46P) so that he can 9p, pp6pk like Hayate without having to guard cancel out of BT first?

Zeo

Oh also, he apparently has his standing OH which isn't a universal tool anymore. Check and see if he has his crouching OH as well. It's going to be very nasty for Christie, Helena and Brad players if he has it back.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I can check these things but you'll need to remind me next week. Once it gets close, if someone wants to send me a checklist by way of a Convo here it'd be easier.

My own personal thing I want to check? If 46P works after his 6H+P on BT opponent again. :D

Zeo

I'll make sure I do. And that's funny you say that about 46P! I just heard from a friend last night that you could do that! Man I'm sure a newbie, I've never even seen that.

TakedaZX

Man... if he does have a crouching OH though, that means it will be 3T... and 3T is my favorite low throw... I was hoping to punish with it... but I'll take it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD