"I'm coming!" Ein's general discussion thread

TheDragonAwakens

You can input 33 (:3::3:) for the WRK. It's what I do with Leon. You just have to make sure you pre-buffer 33 before the animation of your previous attack finishes. If you wait a bit too late you'll just get Ein's 3K etc.

That won't work. Ein also has a mid kick launcher that uses the 33K input. What I usually do is do the 632 motion before inputting the K.

EDIT: Example gif:
ItenaUQ.gif

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
That won't work. Ein also has a mid kick launcher that uses the 33K input. What I usually do is do the 632 motion before inputting the K.

Works for me 100% (even tried it now during move tests to see if I was being crazy, turns out it works). You have to be in crouch and return to neutral. Works with Leon, Akira, Pai, and any other character with WR moves.

The issue is that you are hitting 33 as a normal command, going with the situation there is a barrier there considering he has a launcher for those directions. You enable 33 before even hitting K. You have to be in crouch/squatting which is what throws people off.

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

I always do WRK with :2::h: :5: :K:, it works pretty much every time even online.

That method only fails for combos like PPKK WRK 6KK since doing it above takes too long.

TheDragonAwakens

Works for me 100% (even tried it now during move tests to see if I was being crazy, turns out it works). You have to be in crouch and return to neutral. Works with Leon, Akira, Pai, and any other character with WR moves.

The issue is that you are hitting 33 as a normal command, going with the situation there is a barrier there considering he has a launcher for those directions. You enable 33 before even hitting K. You have to be in crouch/squatting which is what throws people off.

The problem is doing the move in two continuous successions. Your method definitely works for the first WRK, but I can't pull off the second consecutive one with that method.

Lulu

What I usually do is do the 632 motion before inputting the K.

This does work... I had a semi decent success rate doing this with Hayabusa. It wasn't good enough to add him to my arsenal though... and then I started playing D-Pad and I couldn't do it at all anymore.

That won't work. Ein also has a mid kick launcher that uses the 33K input.

What DB means is you need to buffer a crouch dash semi early at the end of your previous animation and make sure you aren't still holding down :3: when you press :K:.

Hell I even practiced how early I could press :3::3: to see how long the game will remember my dash input... lol.... this is what makes it inconsistent, there's no cue that lets you know exactly when the animation ends so the timing changes based on which move you're trying to transition the Crouch Dash from.

Long story short... Aint nobody got time for that !

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
The problem is doing the move in two continuous successions. Your method definitely works for the first WRK, but I can't pull off the second consecutive one with that method.

Got it to work on second attempt during the juggle, not sure your end here. Are you immediately hitting K after 33? what doesn't work for me is immediately hitting 33 and then K right away because he has a natural move command here which is the launcher. What works so far for me on double attempts (even triple thanks to Alpha) is buffering 33, wait till the fuzzy animation appears, and then press K. However at cases you won't see the crouch animation and the WRK would still come out at 2nd or third attempts.

Last edited:

TheDragonAwakens

Got it to work on second attempt during the juggle, not sure your end here. Are you immediately hitting K after 33? what doesn't work for me is immediately hitting 33 and then K right away. What works so far for me on double attempts (even triple thanks to Alpha) is buffering 33, wait till the fuzzy animation appears, and then press K.

I am honestly unsure, I managed to do the two consecutive WRKs with your method, but I am unable to finish my juggle on a mid weight with 66KKK on a high threshold.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I am honestly unsure, I managed to do the two consecutive WRKs with your method, but I am unable to finish my juggle on a mid weight with 66KKK on a high threshold.

If anything, the 632 method might be better considering that he has a natural move there since it's a pseudo timing of things. It can get very inconsistent if this happens during any other play due to not only physical timing, but visual timing with 33.

TheDragonAwakens

If anything, the 632 method might be better considering that he has a natural move there since it's a pseudo timing of things. It can get very inconsistent if this happens during any other play due to not only physical timing, but visual timing with 33.

Practiced a few more times, finally had success connecting the 66KKK. Apparently I have to try to input the 33 motion before/just as the first WRK finishes its animation.

tTFXjgd.gif

Last edited:

Lulu

CONGRADULATIONS !!! :)

Edit:

Hey I just nailed Ein's feather weight combo challenge just now... After 4 long ass years I finally nailed it... with my Fightpad.:confused:

Yep as it turns out the 360 Controller is rubbish for trying to use the :3::3: Buffer Technique for whatever reason that controller hangs on to the :3: input for entirely way too long and this results in button input overlapping (the game claims I'm still holding down :3: even though I'm certain I let it go).

That being said... its a frustrating pain in the ass... lol.... its only been 10 Minutes and the high of overcoming that challenge is already gone. They should just make it a regular input and be done with it... all the execution nuts are playing Tekken anyway.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Lulu

Now I'm starting to wonder how many other characters has my controller prevented me from playing.... Akira, obviously... but its going to take more than $30 controller upgrade to play that bastard.

JAG THE GEMINI

Last edited:

Lulu

Such a "useless" and time consuming combo...
Did this on xbox pad btw.
Thanks for the motivation guys!

Its not a complete wast of time... now you finally got that Elusive Ein Title. ;)

Although you'l never get that 20 Minutes of your life Back...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD