"I'm coming!" Ein's general discussion thread

Gultigargar

So, uh, were any of you guys also disappointed by the sound his :3::3::H+P: makes now?

It used to be this nice, big "crunch" sound, but now it just sounds like a jab. Kind of underwhelming for an otherwise cool throw.

Zeo

It was that way in the E3 build too. It might have had a slightly better sound but it doesn't do it justice.

I wouldn't worry about it though, there might still a be few things to tweak before release and that was confirmed not to be the final build anyway, chances are it's already been fixed.

Hayate's wind dash H+P when the opponent is at BT (Which is basically Ein's 33T animation) has a much more appropriate "slam" sound in vanilla which I'm sure will be given to Ein when Ultimate hits the shelves. If not... I have to wonder how much work TN is actually putting into this game to miss things like that.

Tenryuga

Things are looking pretty good. -4 on 3P, +1 on 13 frame low with two good mids to follow up on it. I feel like 3H+K should be more on guard but we'll see if we can't figure something out. Disappointed his 46K and 236K are only +1 but advantage is advantage.

Zeo

Ok... gotta throw some things in there.

- 4K is 16 frames but still guarantees 6kk on NH and 3P > 6KK on CH. It was done once on block but the stream lagged and I couldn't see the frames. Assuming it's still unsafe. Not seeing a big reason to see this over 33K anymore unless it's a crush.

- 66PK IS SAFE. -7 PUNKS IT'S OVER. No part of his PP6PK tracks though, that could be a problem.

- 3P is 1 frame safer than it was in DOA4, now it's -4. Officially the safest fast mid in the entire game. The 2nd being Akira's 66P being -5. It's also got a special property of being -3 from a distance. It also is a +40 lift stun that guarantees anything including CB regardless of slow escape. This move is too good. Doesn't track but that would probably break it.

- 2P is +1 on NH, very important.

- 3H+K is a +2 GB on block. I think he could benefit from more advantage as his followups are a low punch that's negative frames on NH, a 15 frame high punch that's made 13 frames and a 22 frame mid punch that's a +4 GB on block. This move is definitely better but it doesn't give your opponent enough incentive to keep blocking after it's been guarded. Ein simply isn't scary at BT.

- 2H+K is still -12 so be careful when throwing that out. 4H+K is also -15 so you're screwed if you throw that out and it's blocked cause you're at BT too.

- H+K is -5 on block and tracks. 18 frames though.

- 46K is +1 same as Hayate's 236K. Was hoping for +5 or at least +2 but I guess I'll take it.

- 236K is +1 on block. Now I have a beef with this because Hayate, the faster character gets +2 off of his variant of this move (214K). I think this is pretty bogus because Ein needs the advantage more but this could also mean that Hayate's version got nerfed to +1 too and we don't really need that either.

- 6P+K is nerf status. It's not 19 but 20 frames and still -12 on block so yeah I wouldn't throw this out much.

- KK causes a bound which can be followed up with 6KK and 66KKK

- 8P is an SDS on NH which is +26, at the highest slow escape 33K is a guaranteed launch. It causes a bound in stun and on CH which can be followed up with 6KK and 66KKK.

- His 33T still has that pathetic sound effect. :/

- As you know he has his standing and crouching OH's.

His damage is intact, he can take a third of your life from NON launch/threshold combos and nearly a third off single launches and bounds. He's barely behind Akira and gets his damage almost as easily. On top of it he's safer, has a bit of advantage with some of his moves and still has his OH's to scare you on top of that advantage.

I was expecting the worst but this guy is solid and we'll be just fine. There's more to be tested but going from what we know, Ein will definitely be a good character. Good Vibrations everyone. :ein:

Last edited:

Tenryuga

- 66PK IS SAFE. -7 PUNKS IT'S OVER. No part of his PP6PK tracks though, that could be a problem.

Would have thought they would make the last kick track. Either way it being safe is really nice. I wonder if we can follow the knockdown with 6KK or 66KKK.

UprisingJC

Ok... gotta throw some things in there.

- 4K is 16 frames but still guarantees 6kk on NH and 3P > 6KK on CH. It was done once on block but the stream lagged and I couldn't see the frames. Assuming it's still unsafe. Not seeing a big reason to see this over 33K anymore unless it's a crush.

- 3P is 1 frame safer than it was in DOA4, now it's -4. Officially the safest fast mid in the entire game. The 2nd being Akira's 66P being -5. It's also got a special property of being -3 from a distance. It also is a +40 lift stun that guarantees anything including CB regardless of lift stun. This move is too good. Doesn't track but that would probably break it.

- 2P is +1 on NH, very important.

- 3H+K is a +2 GB on block. I think he could benefit from more advantage as his followups are a low punch that's negative frames on NH, a 15 frame high punch that's made 13 frames and a 22 frame mid punch that's a +4 GB on block. This move is definitely better but it doesn't give your opponent enough incentive to keep blocking after it's been guarded. Ein simply isn't scary at BT.

- 2H+K is still -12 so be careful when throwing that out. 4H+K is also -15 so you're screwed if you throw that out and it's blocked cause you're at BT too.

- H+K is -5 on block and tracks. 18 frames though.

- 46K is +1 same as Hayate's 236K. Was hoping for +5 or at least +2 but I guess I'll take it.

- 236K is +1 on block. Now I have a beef with this because Hayate, the faster character gets +2 off of his variant of this move (214K). I think this is pretty bogus because Ein needs the advantage more but this could also mean that Hayate's version got nerfed to +1 too and we don't really need that either.

- 6P+K is nerf status. It's not 19 but 20 frames and still -12 on block so yeah I wouldn't throw this out much.

- KK causes a bound which can be followed up with 6KK and 66KKK

- 8P is an SDS on NH which is +26, at the highest slow escape 33K is a guaranteed launch. It causes a bound in stun and on CH which can be followed up with 6KK and 66KKK.

- His 33T still has that pathetic sound effect. :/

- As you know he has his standing and crouching OH's.

His damage is intact, he can take a third of your life from NON launch/threshold combos and nearly a third off single launches and bounds. He's barely behind Akira and gets his damage almost as easily. On top of it he's safer, has a bit of advantage with some of his moves and still has his OH's to scare you on top of that advantage.

I was expecting the worst but this guy is solid and we'll be just fine. There's more to be tested but going from what we know, Ein will definitely be a good character. Good Vibrations everyone. :ein:

Sounds good.

I've just decided to use Kasumi, Helena and Leon and left Ein aside at the early time of DOA5U though, but it should not take long for me to master him.

Zeo

Watched the archive again as closely as possibly. 4K is still -15 on block and has not changed.

So... 33K is a faster launcher, safer on block (still a very unsafe -12 however) and does a bit more damage. Is there any reason to use 4K over this move? Maybe the range? I don't see it being too useful unless it crushes highs.

synce

Haha I didn't know Ein had all those moves. Every time I pick him I just abuse 33P/K/T mixup. So clean.

Zeo

Haha I didn't know Ein had all those moves. Every time I pick him I just abuse 33P/K/T mixup. So clean.
That's what most Eins do and it works well enough on it's own. But having the knowledge opens up many more possibilities and potential for even more effective play. That knowledge is what will separate me from most of the other people that pick up Ein, ho ho ho.

UprisingJC

That's what most Eins do and it works well enough on it's own. But having the knowledge opens up many more possibilities and potential for even more effective play. That knowledge is what will separate me from most of the other people that pick up Ein, ho ho ho.

Used to love using his WR kick a lot to launch my opponent, but it's way too slowwwwwwwwwww.

Now that his 4K now executes in 16 frames and still leaves Ein at -15 on block, it's nothing more than a crappy move...

Zeo

Used to love using his WR kick a lot to launch my opponent, but it's way too slowwwwwwwwwww.

Now that his 4K now executes in 16 frames and still leaves Ein at -15 on block, it's nothing more than a crappy move...
It's not looking so great for that move, if it's a high crush then there may be some use for it. Right now there isn't too much of a reason to throw it out other than at range.

(Crouch-Release)K, his high kick launcher I think is his highest launcher, I'll have to check but it looks like that's what's going to be used for CB combos. It's going to be very fun seeing what he can do in the lab.

UprisingJC

It's not looking so great for that move, if it's a high crush then there may be some use for it. Right now there isn't too much of a reason to throw it out other than at range.

(Crouch-Release)K, his high kick launcher I think is his highest launcher, I'll have to check but it looks like that's what's going to be used for CB combos. It's going to be very fun seeing what he can do in the lab.

4K is one of the moves that Ein used to be able to compete with others in DOA because of it being a 13-frame launcher and covering a decent range.

Now that it's been changed to 16 frames then there's no reason to use it that much as it used to be unless Ein is not close to his opponent.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I never really used 4K to launch anyway so I won't really miss that move I usually launch with 7K and 9K for the juggle and 9P launch for the guaranteed Fujin(basically 9PP) or 9PK for knockbacks into walls.

I used to abuse 6P+K in DoA2 - 4 I guess I'll have to rarely use it or just use it for CBs now :/

Nameless Sama

I hope we get this costoume for EIN
Ein_Costume_2.jpg

JAG THE GEMINI

The nerfs of 6P+K and 4 K being the weak version of DOAD plus 46K only giving plus 1 is not cool at all...

Very important: How are the frames of 3P on NH and is Ein´s 236p as good as Hitomis or as "meh" as Hayates? And how fast is 8P? And does any of his important moves track?

What is his sidestep K move?

Still so many questions...

Last edited:

TakedaZX

Only thing Hitomi has over Hayate with 236P is utility from running with it an a little bit of safety. Hayate's is faster and does more damage.

Apparently he can still get his from running though.

JAG THE GEMINI

You left the most important thing out... Hitomis 236P is a REAL! mid which even hits if the opponent uses
super tech crouch moves. Hayates and apparently Ein´s don´t.

Zeo

The nerfs of 6P+K and 4 K being the weak version of DOAD plus 46K only giving plus 1 is not cool at all...

Very important: How are the frames of 3P on NH and is Ein´s 236p as good as Hitomis or as "meh" as Hayates? And how fast is 8P? And does any of his important moves track?

What is his sidestep K move?

Still so many questions...

+1 is nice but Ein's not as fast as Hayate and can't take as much advantage of it. 236K needed to be more than +1 also.

3P is -2 on NH and I haven't payed attention to Ein's 236p actually, looks to do decent damage comparable to Hayate' s matches I've seen though.

F+K tracks but not a single move in his PP6PK string tracks and neither does 3P. I'm slightly worried about him.

Sidestep K is a faster variant of 2H+K.

You left the most important thing out... Hitomis 236P is a REAL! mid which even hits if the opponent uses
super tech crouch moves. Hayates and apparently Ein´s don´t.

Ein's most likely will be a true mid and do the most damage out of the 3 with the move, it's blasphemy otherwise.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD