I'm doing tag combo videos

jjinkou2

ok . i'm still learning kokoro. but now with kain we have a lot of interesting sub main matches (his hitomi with my phase 4). Next time we'll meet i'll be please to fight you again.

Corza

Standard Donor
Yay for triple posting. :D

Now that Nyotengu was released, I can say that project Momiji is done. Next one will be Kasumi, I think. :)

You can download the thumbnail as wallpaper if you wish to, and I've also included a txt where you can see the move list and alternate finishers in some cases for better damage, but less hits. Hope you like it!

Feedback is highly appreciated!

KING JAIMY

Yay for triple posting. :D

Now that Nyotengu was released, I can say that project Momiji is done. Next one will be Kasumi, I think. :)

You can download the thumbnail as wallpaper if you wish to, and I've also included a txt where you can see the move list and alternate finishers in some cases for better damage, but less hits. Hope you like it!

Feedback is highly appreciated!

[/QUOTE
Very cool combos. And very damaging too.

Have some minor points of improvement:
1. You show off your combos on a lightweight (Ayane). Now... some combos probably don't work on midweights or higher so I suggest doing your combos on a midweight in the future.
2. You use the same set-up for Momiji (6H+K - 6PK - K) on the road to a Critical Burst. Would like if you varied that up a bit too.

As for the rest, it really helped me improve my tag game. Before you made these videos I used to play tag like solo. :p

KING JAIMY

Sorry quote didn't work well. You can see the feedback under the thumbnail if you expand the message.

Corza

Standard Donor
Sorry quote didn't work well. You can see the feedback under the thumbnail if you expand the message.

Thanks for the feedback!

Some of the combos actually work on midweights as well, maybe I should mark them somehow so it's obvious.

The way you reach critical burst doesn't really matter, it's just my personal preference with Momiji. You can do it any other way, the fun starts after the CB anyways! :)

The reason why I'm using Ayane and Christie as my dummies is sort of a tribute to a buddy of mine who kept beating me over and over until I got better at DOA. Those 2 characters are his main.

jjinkou2

Thank you for this enormous work. This has really encouraged me this summer to jump on the train on Tag combo.

Though, i prefer when the videos were splitted into character parts. It was easier for me to stream it on my vita and to find quicker the right character.

Last edited:

Corza

Standard Donor
Thank you for this enormous work. This has really encouraged me this summer to jump on the train on Tag combo.

Though, i prefer when the video were splitted into character parts. It was easier for me to stream it on my vita and to find quicker the right character.

There was a lot of debate on this whether to upload 31 individual videos or merge them into one. Some people unsubscribed from the channel, because I was uploading 2 videos every day and it seemed too much. You can find timecodes in the description for every character, I hope that helps you find them quicker!

jjinkou2

i just realised that you gave the move list at youtube in a google doc. This is really a real plus. i was painfully searching by myself which move you made for each character. it could be reluctant for people that don't have this information.

I suggest you edit your first post with the new video and put a spoiler tag and insert the movesets, so that everyone here can find quickly your excellent work.

jjinkou2

... Next one will be Kasumi, I think. :)

I vote for Kokoro instead :rolleyes:

Anyway , i can see that we can factorise momiji hit relaunches :
intro : :6::H+K:,:6::P::K:,:K:,:214: tag

then insert any combination of these strings between any other characters strings.
1- :3::K::P::8::P::K:
2- :P::P::K::K:
3- :6::P::K::K:

I suppose we could find these intermediate strings for every characters.
Do you know which one could be for Kokoro?

[Edit]
Maybe it could be those but i don't know if it works when kokoro is pairing with every characters:
1-:4::P+K::, :4::4::P+K:
2-:K:,:9::P::P:
3-:8::P::P:

Last edited:

Corza

Standard Donor
I vote for Kokoro instead :rolleyes:

Anyway , i can see that we can factorise momiji hit relaunches :
intro : :6::H+K:,:6::P::K:,:K:,:214: tag

then insert any combination of these strings between any other characters strings.
1- :3::K::P::8::P::K:
2- :P::P::K::K:
3- :6::P::K::K:

I suppose we could find these intermediate string for every characters.
Do you know what could be those intermediate string for Kokoro?

Add :4::4::P::8::P::K: to the list as well!

I'm not sure about Kokoro right now. I realized that she got nerfed with the latest patch, although there's no mention of it in the balance changes. The combo I did with her and Momiji is no longer doable, because her launch heights changed. Every other combo works just like it did before the Nyotengu patch.

I think Kokoro's :8::P::P:, :4::4::P+K:, :K:, :6::6::P+K: moves are fine, but I can't seem to do her :3::P::P::P:. That move fails me everytime in crucial moments. Also there are some back turned moves that are useful.

jjinkou2

I'm not sure about Kokoro right now. I realized that she got nerfed with the latest patch, although there's no mention of it in the balance changes.

Really , :-(, she's nerfed at every patch.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD