"Im giving this all I got!" - Honoka Combo Thread

Saber

Midweight stun-launch juggles (up to Helena and Gen Fu unless noted otherwise).

CH 6P > 8K > BKO 4PK > P+KPP (77DMG, only in closed stance)
CH 6P > 8K > BKO 4PK > 2P+K4(6P) (75DMG)
CH 6P > 33K > 6H+K~K > 2P+K4(6P) (81DMG)
CH 6P > 33K > 3KPP > 6K2K (82DMG)
CH 6P > 33P > 66P+K~P+K (69DMG)
CH 6P > 2P+K > PPP6P (73DMG)
CH 6PK > PPP6P (70DMG)
----
CH 3K > DKO P+K > BT K > PPP6P (86DMG)
CH 3K > DKO K > 6K > P+KPP (78DMG)
CH 3KPP > PPP6P (83DMG)
CH 3K > H (stand) > 3KPP > 6KK (79DMG, 6K2K is 78DMG)
CH 3K > H (stand) > 7K > 66P+K~P+K (75DMG)
----
CH 6H+K~P > HNK K > 6H+K~K > 2P+K4(6P) (101DMG)
----
CH 4K2~K > 6K > 2P+K4(6P) (72DMG)
CH 4K2~P+K > 6K > 2P+K4(6P) (71DMG)
CH 4K2~P+K > 33P > 2P+K4(6P) (72DMG - doesn't work on Helena and Gen Fu)
----
CH 3P > 3P > 33P > 2P+K4(6P) (70DMG)

Onto heavies now. Cheers!

Honoka22

i found a risky since theres alot of times it can be countered but a 15 hit combo with no walls ect ect. just from starting with her PPP+P+k Has anyone else got any 15 or + combos with her without using walls?

KING JAIMY

i found a risky since theres alot of times it can be countered but a 15 hit combo with no walls ect ect. just from starting with her PPP+P+k Has anyone else got any 15 or + combos with her without using walls?
CH 6P , PPP , DS P+K , HNK P , 8K , BKO K , DHO P+K , BT K , P+KPP (17 hits, lightweights)
CH 6P , PPP , DS P+K , HNK P , 8K , BKO K , DHO P+K , BT K , 2P+K4(6P) (15 hits, middleweights)

It's highly impractical though; the opponent has a lot of opportunities to hold you and stop your combo.

KING JAIMY

Found a nasty BT setup with Honoka tonight. I think this might be quite impractical because it is stance dependent and slow, but it looks cool anyway.

Set COM to slow escape fastest, critical hold fastest, critical hold type mid kick/mid punch to test if it can't be held and guard all was also turned on.

To BT opponent SS K - H+K - SS P - 33K (all guaranteed when SS K hits!)

Can not find any other effective launcher other than 33K (8K whiffs due to range issues, and 4P+K is too slow).

Possible follow-ups:
33P - 6K - 2P+K4(6P)
33P - 66P+K.P+K
6K - 66P+K.P+K
8K - BKO 4PK - 2P+K4(6P)
8K - BKO K - DHO P+K - BT P+K
6H+K DS K - P+KPP

This setup and one of these follow-ups will get you roughly 110 raw damage on normal hit. What I mean by raw damage is not counting additional damage from danger zones and/or wall slams.

Crext

Standard Donor
What are the best engage tools of Honoka? I've really understood that she got mixups like crazy, but I have a really hard time getting into people. I try use 4k and 66p, and if I am really close I go for the p strings, but I in general struggle to get those deep stuns to allow Honoka to shine in the mixup game.

KING JAIMY

What are the best engage tools of Honoka? I've really understood that she got mixups like crazy, but I have a really hard time getting into people. I try use 4k and 66p, and if I am really close I go for the p strings, but I in general struggle to get those deep stuns to allow Honoka to shine in the mixup game.
She relies on counter hits the most. CH 4K, CH 6P, CH 6K, CH 3P, 3K, 6K(block)2K are pretty good to initiate the stun. I wouldn't recommend 66P, however. That one is mostly used as a wall splat.

KING JAIMY

So.... is 236H+K > BT K > 6K > P+KPP her best power launcher combo? Can't find a more damaging one.
Yes it is. But the timing on it is a bit annoying.

This is the one I use (no timing, less damage):

7P+K - 2T (whiff) - 33P - 33P - 33P - 2P+K4(6P)
Can also be used near walls and works up to middleweights.

KING JAIMY

As we know, the most consistent wall combo on middleweights for Honoka is the following:

Example: 66P > 33P > 3PPP (NH 70, CH 85, HCH 96)

However, what I found is that in you can get even more damage off a wall splat on middleweights:

Example: 66P > 33P > [Closed Stance] PPPK (NH 73, CH 88, HCH 100)

The problem is that you need to be in closed stance for it to happen. But I thought it was interesting to note since nobody had listed this combo yet.

I really need help to do 2p+k,46+p consistently, the Elliot version I think, supposedly the key is 6+p, but I have issues to nail both at the same time with PS4 dpad, and even then it comes out maybe 1/10 times at best. Supposedly it's her best combo ender, but I can't get it to work. Any shortcuts or suggestions for this?

KING JAIMY

I really need help to do 2p+k,46+p consistently, the Elliot version I think, supposedly the key is 6+p, but I have issues to nail both at the same time with PS4 dpad, and even then it comes out maybe 1/10 times at best. Supposedly it's her best combo ender, but I can't get it to work. Any shortcuts or suggestions for this?
Try to think of it like this:

:2::P+K::4: :5: :6::P:

It is indeed the key that you press 6 and P at the same time. It doesn't really matter how quick you are with performing the whole move, rather you have to be precise in your timing. There isn't really a trick or shortcut besides practice. Personally, I have no problems inputting this move or whatsoever, but that's maybe because I know Eliot.

Also, there is room for error. For example, if you accidentally input...

:2::P+K::4::2::6::P:

...it will still count as the Eliot version, as long as you input 6 and P at the same time.

Correct timing is definitely the way to go for this move. You have to make sure 6 and P are in sync, looking at your hands while performing the move might help to see if this really is the case. It doesn't really matter if you input another direction accidentally. The only other tip I can give you is to visualize the move in your head. You should think of the first part (when she lifts her knee) as needing to do 2P+K4, and think of the second part (when he does Eliot's ender) as a 6P.

Hope this helps.

Nikotsumi

As we know, the most consistent wall combo on middleweights for Honoka is the following:

Example: 66P > 33P > 3PPP (NH 70, CH 85, HCH 96)

However, what I found is that in you can get even more damage off a wall splat on middleweights:

Example: 66P > 33P > [Closed Stance] PPPK (NH 73, CH 88, HCH 100)

The problem is that you need to be in closed stance for it to happen. But I thought it was interesting to note since nobody had listed this combo yet.
Nice find. Now that we are speaking of stances i found out that on middleweights, during combos, you can replace 2P+K > 4(6)P with P+KPP if you end up in Open Stance after Bokuho 4PK.
However this is not very usefull since the damage difference between P+KPP and 2P+K4(6)P is only 1 point (2 on CH). Here some examples (on NH):

6H+K > DS K > 8P > HC P > 33K > 8K > BKO 4PK > (Open Stance) P+KPP
H+K > 4K2 > DC PP > HnK K > 8K > BKO 4PK > (Open Stance) P+KPP
H+K > 8P > HC P > 3K > DHO K > 8K > BKO 4PK > (Open Stance) P+KPP

Try to think of it like this:

:2::P+K::4: :5: :6::P:

It is indeed the key that you press 6 and P at the same time. It doesn't really matter how quick you are with performing the whole move, rather you have to be precise in your timing. There isn't really a trick or shortcut besides practice. Personally, I have no problems inputting this move or whatsoever, but that's maybe because I know Eliot.

Also, there is room for error. For example, if you accidentally input...

:2::P+K::4::2::6::P:

...it will still count as the Eliot version, as long as you input 6 and P at the same time.

Correct timing is definitely the way to go for this move. You have to make sure 6 and P are in sync, looking at your hands while performing the move might help to see if this really is the case. It doesn't really matter if you input another direction accidentally. The only other tip I can give you is to visualize the move in your head. You should think of the first part (when she lifts her knee) as needing to do 2P+K4, and think of the second part (when he does Eliot's ender) as a 6P.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot, treating it as two moves has indeed helped, but I still can't seem to get it to an acceptable level.

KING JAIMY

Nice find. Now that we are speaking of stances i found out that on middleweights, during combos, you can replace 2P+K > 4(6)P with P+KPP if you end up in Open Stance after Bokuho 4PK.
However this is not very usefull since the damage difference between P+KPP and 2P+K4(6)P is only 1 point (2 on CH). Here some examples (on NH):

6H+K > DS K > 8P > HC P > 33K > 8K > BKO 4PK > (Open Stance) P+KPP
H+K > 4K2 > DC PP > HnK K > 8K > BKO 4PK > (Open Stance) P+KPP
H+K > 8P > HC P > 3K > DHO K > 8K > BKO 4PK > (Open Stance) P+KPP
Despite the minimal damage difference, sometimes you need that point of damage. I these kind of combos would prove useful in situations where you could just KO them with these combos.

KING JAIMY

A couple of wall combos I found for Honoka today using DS :4::P: as a wall splat:

Featherweight: :P::P::P: > DS :4::P::P: (W!) > DS :K: > :3::P::P::P:
Lightweight and Middleweight: :P::P::P: > DS :4::P::P: (W!) > DS :K: > (:2::P+K::4:):6::P:
Super Heavyweight: :P::P::P: > DS :4::P::P::P: (W!)

Nikotsumi

I was checking if there were more damaging combos for heavyweights, and found these ones: (i think nobody posted them)
-CB! > 9K > 6H+K > DS K > 2P+K4(6P), this combo works also with critical level 3 DHO K and HnK K
-CB! (wall) > 33K > 6K > PPP6P

KING JAIMY

I was checking if there were more damaging combos for heavyweights, and found these ones: (i think nobody posted them)
-CB! > 9K > 6H+K > DS K > 2P+K4(6P), this combo works also with critical level 3 DHO K and HnK K
-CB! (wall) > 33K > 6K > PPP6P
Nice I didn't know the first one. Finally a use for 9K after all. :p

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD