"I'm no pushover sweetie." - The DOA5 Sarah General Discussion Thread

Codemaster92163

But the thing with JFs are that sure, they're a bit difficult to start with, but after a few weeks of using them, the muscle memory becomes pretty precise, and you rarely end up missing it. Most everyone who's played other fighters with JFs can attest to that

Nuke-Nin

But the thing with JFs are that sure, they're a bit difficult to start with, but after a few weeks of using them, the muscle memory becomes pretty precise, and you rarely end up missing it. Most everyone who's played other fighters with JFs can attest to that
Everyone that complains about :H*+K: with akira hasn't gotten the Muscle Memory down but other akira players can agree that it's pretty easy once you get it down as stated above :D Sarah's FLA P2KKK is a bitch sometimes but I haven't mastered it yet so...

BLACKSTAR

Question:

When and how can I use force tech as Sarah against my opponent? What attacks can I use to force my opponent to get up off the ground?

LoK N Ki

This just frame kick of hers, what is exactly the input for it? 33h+k right? Doesn't this same action have to be performed like Akira's knee except for the directions or is there more to it. I can't test it myself atm.

Steady G

This just frame kick of hers, what is exactly the input for it? 33h+k right? Doesn't this same action have to be performed like Akira's knee except for the directions or is there more to it. I can't test it myself atm.

Nope, just :3::3::H+K:

Dave

Well, you can add another K and H and cancel the second K but that's simple too. I remember people were so up in arms over that kick.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Did they change BT H+K into a high kick or something? That would be a huuuuge nerf on 44P against certain matchups. Someone with better grasp of Japanese confirm/deny please.

Steady G

Did they change BT H+K into a high kick or something? That would be a huuuuge nerf on 44P against certain matchups. Someone with better grasp of Japanese confirm/deny please.
Yeah I think they turned it into a high kick. If I remember correctly, the BT H+K is a mid kick that goes into Flamingo. So yeah they must've changed it into a high kick.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Anyone got ideas on how to use 44P against people with fast 2Ps now? As far as I know, BT H+K is the only thing that beats out 12f 2P after CH/HiCH 44P.

Calintzsan

Anyone got ideas on how to use 44P against people with fast 2Ps now? As far as I know, BT H+K is the only thing that beats out 12f 2P after CH/HiCH 44P.

I know this reply is a year old, but I can offer some moves that should help. I am unsure of the frame data, but I do know that these moves are pretty fast:

BT :2::K: (low sweep kick)
BT :P+K: (mid kick, can follow up with :K:)
BT :9::P+K: (moonsault)
BT :2::P: (fast low punch)

The low sweep kick is pretty quick. The mid kick can lead to a launch, but if it's fast enough, it can hit low attacking opponents. Lastly, you could also moonsault out of their low attacks. Like I said, I'm not sure how fast they are in terms of frame data, but they should help.

*Edit*
Added in the low punch because I forgot she could do that with her back turned, lol. Probably the fastest move she has with her back turned.

Last edited:

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I'm pretty sure none of those work (except moonsault), unless those were changed since that post. I don't play Sarah anymore, though, so I can't confirm.

Calintzsan

I'm pretty sure none of those work (except moonsault), unless those were changed since that post. I don't play Sarah anymore, though, so I can't confirm.

Well, the moonsault is a viable option, but her :P+K: during flamingo is actually really fast. As for the low sweep, I often catch people with this when :4::4::P: hits on block because they don't react right away. I think this should be able to beat low attacks so long as they don't attempt them immediately.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Well, I mean, the point is to have good answer against good players who know the matchup and have a 12f 2P. If it's against people who don't know the matchup, there's obviously no problem.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD