Increase gravity in tag mode?

Increase gravity in tag mode?

• Yes. I don't like long ass juggles in my DOA

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • No. DOA tag should be more like Tekken tag.

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters

Chapstick

I like it. It's really fun for me to go into tag training and figure out long juggles combining two characters' moves. Mostly I like to screw around using Kasumi/Ayane because they're easy to chain long stuff together with but sometimes I do odd pairings like Kasumi/Bass to see what they can do and how much damage I can get out of one juggle.

Edit: I will admit it gets pretty ridiculous sometimes

AkaShocka

Yea. But its a benefit for the team that does better and/or longer juggles. I have to agree with you about disagreeing about the gravity because when they tag in and out they get a little bit of life back, so they are basically gaining life while your just loosing life. :(

Brute

Standard Donor
I'm fine with juggles as long as they're not too long. What I'm not fine with is mechanics I adjust to totally changing in Tag mode for no reason. So yeah, make gravity settings consistent in all modes.

Rawbietussin

Well at most, the maximum hits I can create in a pair is 15-18 hits. It was more ridiculous (but also fun) back then since I can do a maximum of 23-26 hits with Tina/Sarah until the patches came and neutralized it.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I can't help but sense the poll is a bit biased...

At around 15 to 18 hits (never cared to detail which hit exactly) the gravity increases. Additionally you can't do more than 30 hits as the opponent will just fall to the ground whether you would have hit them or not.

chocogerman777

I can't help but sense the poll is a bit biased...

At around 15 to 18 hits (never cared to detail which hit exactly) the gravity increases. Additionally you can't do more than 30 hits as the opponent will just fall to the ground whether you would have hit them or not.
i was watching emperor cow's tag tutorial.. some of those juggles are too long imo.

chocogerman777

it's not a big deal... just wanted to see if other people dislike seeing long juggles/combos in doa.
combos that go on for 10 seconds or longer have always been a fighting game pet peeve of mine...

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
it's not a big deal... just wanted to see if other people dislike seeing long juggles/combos in doa.
combos that go on for 10 seconds or longer have always been a fighting game pet peeve of mine...

You need to understand that the combos in the video are extremely situational and only work when the characters are at one end of the stage and dragging all the way to the opposing end ..

not to mention that they also require flawless execution..

and if the team is controlled by 2 players, then they need to really have precision and REALLY understand how they can mesh together..

In an actual fight, this does not happen very often ... but if it does ... then its your fault ..

In fact, walls extremely limit the juggle options as a lot of the extenders turn into wall slams and then you are forced to compromise your juggle for max damage

Last edited:

Argentus

Honestly its just why I don't do tag. I remember one hit kills, mvc style in tag back in 2u. Not fun at all.

Aven Kujo-Gin

The gravity should be the same as in solo, and I also think the damage should be decreased even more every time you switch your character, just like in doa4. In addition the rebounce should only be permitted one time, just like tekken. The nerf on the damage/combos in tag is necessary, specially now that Dojo is playable in tag.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD