DOA5LR Intro, Win, and Lose Quote Translations

zMoonlight

Awesome work! May you please translate Christie's DOA4 win quote where she says:
I am Death. I shred your soul into ribbons.

I can only understand:
Watashi wa shi(something). Omae no tamashii wo (something)

Last edited:

werewolfgold

Awesome work! May you please translate Christie's DOA4 win quote where she says:
I am Death. I shred your soul into ribbons.

I can only understand:
Watashi wa shi(something). Omae no tamashii wa (something)
You got a vid? I don't have DOA4.

Never mind. I found it. "Watashi wa shinigami. Omae no tamashii wo karitsukusu." (I am the God of Death. I'll reap your soul completely.)

Last edited:
Hey, bro, you have errors in Phase 4's win quotes.

In Phase 4's first win quote, change "wa" to "ga" and "は" to "が".
It should look like this.
Romaji: Tatakau koto... Kore ga watashi no ikiru imi na no?
Kanji: 戦うこと…これが私の生きる意味なの?

In Phase 4's third win quote, change "tachidomaru" to "tachidomatteru" and add the small "っ" first and "て" second between "ま" and "る".
It should look like this.
Romaji: Tachidomatteru jikan wa nai no... Sayonara.
Kanji: 立ち止まってる時間はないの…さよなら。

werewolfgold

I've got a request. How about Hayabusa and Bankotsubo's exchange in DOA2's story mode?
Gah. Hayabusa and Tengu always use words that no one actually says anymore. But, I think I got it.

"Shiishi tatematsuru!" (I've come with the intent to kill you.)
"Rappa na kuchi wo kikiyoru..." (I listen to such a hateful mouth...)

Also, the original post doesn't list Bankotsubo's story intro that you've already translated.
It's actually a good thing that I didn't post that story quote because I misread the kanji on it. I thought it said "kyogen" (虚言) but it said "zaregoto" (戯言). And then the lightning crash made it kind of hard to hear. So, it's the same line that Nyotengu uses.

Now, this is kind of odd because the game always translates it as "deception" which is "kyogen" as opposed to "zaregoto" which means more of a prank or practical joke. But, whatever.

"Subete wa...waga...zaregoto nari!" (Everything...is my...practical joke!)

I also suppose that 5 months is long enough for "eventually" in regards to Mai. So, if I have some free time tomorrow, I'll update that.

werewolfgold

Alright, rejoice! Mai's section is no longer a picture of Dio Brando.

Alpha's section will continue to be a cat. lol

werewolfgold

@werewolfgold Hi man! I found some hidden and unused voices of Mai and Kula. Would you mind translate these as well? I'll attach the files there.

Mai:
"Amaku micchau...dame yo." (It'd be bad to understimate me.)
"Chotto...atsuku naru wa yo." (It's going to get a little hot.) [I know that this is what she says vs. Kasumi or Ayane. Not sure how it's unused.]
"Oai dekite...kouei yo." (It's an honor to meet you.)

Kula:
"Waaaa? Yuumei na hito da!" (Whaaaaat? A famous person!)
"Ojisan mo issho ni...oyatsu taberu?" (You wanna eat some snacks with me, too, mister?)

Actually, I'm going to bet that all of these are special intro quotes. But, because the game is a rushed mess, they only say the special quote if the game gives you the right intro animation. The animation is random even if they come across someone they have a special intro quote with. So, you'd have to check a few times.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Mai:
"Chotto...atsuku naru wa yo." (It's going to get a little hot.) [I know that this is what she says vs. Kasumi or Ayane. Not sure how it's unused.]

Kula:
"Ojisan mo issho ni...oyatsu taberu?" (You wanna eat some snacks with me, too, mister?)

Actually, I'm going to bet that all of these are special intro quotes. But, because the game is a rushed mess, they only say the special quote if the game gives you the right intro animation. The animation is random even if they come across someone they have a special intro quote with. So, you'd have to check a few times.
I think the "Famous person" quote from Kula and the "it's an honor" quote from Mai be special quotes that may indicate we'll get another guest fighter in season 2 since everyone only says that when they face Kula or Mai. That or it's just a preparatory quote they'll activate in a patch whenever they do wind up getting a guest fighter that's not from KOF

Derock

Mai:

I saw the those two quotes for Mai in a Youtube video, but its very random.

gatto tom

Standard Donor
Mai:

Kula:

Thank you for your effort. So the theory that @DestructionBomb was thinking could be right.
About "It's going to get a little hot" I wasn't sure if it was that or another intro, but from what I remember this happens against Honoka a few times.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD