Is the game slightly slower?

TheTHCGamer

I read in an artice with Black Mamba where he stated the game was overall slower and if it is doesnt bother me because if it is the case it doesnt seem much slower. Thanks ahead of time for any responses.

Pupi18

I read in an artice with Black Mamba where he stated the game was overall slower and if it is doesnt bother me because if it is the case it doesnt seem much slower. Thanks ahead of time for any responses.
It is a bit slower than DOA4 but DOA4 was a bit too fast IMO so I'm ok for being normal speed.

Chaos

If the buttons & the d-pad reaspons correctly, I don't care about DOA5's speed being slower than DOA4.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
The animation is more visiable as opposed to Doa4's choppy(missing) animation, giving the impression the game is slower. The game is pretty much the same speed.

TheTHCGamer

The animation is more visiable as opposed to Doa4's choppy(missing) animation, giving the impression the game is slower. The game is pretty much the same speed.
So if anything the game speed is just slightly slower do to improved animation. Good to know thanks for the responses.

Pupi18

The game for being slower looks smoother IMO should play better. The controllers are still responsive as ever so no worries there. It more on the levels of DOA3/2U from what it seems.

chocogerman777

I've been playing doa2,doa4,doao,downloaded and re-watched all the stream archives(especially 8wayrun's 60fps stream). DoA5 doesn't seem slow at all.

Riizch

I've only played the alpha build, but that felt really fast to me. The animation is noticeably smoother. I find the 60fps videos are markedly faster than the 30fps ones that most of us see on YouTube, so maybe that's giving an illusion that the game is slower. Either way, it's looking smooth and solid, so I don't think the overall speed will cause too much concern.

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
Chaos said:
Is it faster than DOAD?

All of the Doa's are pretty much the same speed...Character wise, with variations in throw/oh speeds in each game.

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
The frames are relatively the same. what you are witnessing is smoother fuller animation.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD