Is the lack of Tag mode a concern?

Is the lack of Tag mode a concern or problem?

• Yes

Votes: 23 34.3%
  • Not at all

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I'm not sure / It doesn't matter

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters

Bogetsu

Not sure if this thread goes to the General or System Discussion section.
However, considering the absence of Tag mode gameplay in DOA6 as we know it so far, which are your main thoughts about it?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Nope. Tag mode imo wasn't really a relevant mode once DOA5 came out, it's not balanced or competitive at all. You can do ridiculously long combos that take no skill, go for ridiculous set ups that already will do big damage before the launch, and the gravity is ridiculous as well since you can perform overly long combos that once again take no skill to perform. The mode in DOA5 is basically a scramble to get the opponent into a stun and once they're in the air, you're just do a juggle, switch out and juggle with the tag partner, and then rinse and repeat.

If it returns they should balance it since with DOA6's new mechanics and such, it would be a broken brain dead mode. You would be able to do so much ridiculous set ups unless they toned down fatal rushes and fatal stuns for that mode and unless both characters shared a meter bar since you would be able to do a stun set up, launch into a bound, break blow cancel, switch characters(if you hadn't already done that), and go for another stun set up, launch into a bound, and then finish with a break blow xD

That doesn't seem like a fun time imo, if it returns(which I doubt unless they make a DOA6 Ultimate since tag mode I imagine would be a good couple of GB) they'll have to balance it since it doesn't seem viable or balanced with DOA6's current mechanics

Last edited:

Baji Breakdancer

I feel like tag mode is a thing that people complain about missing, even if they never really played it. It never felt like a proper part of the game to me, it was never balanced correctly, and honestly it doesn’t seem like it was all that popular compared to other modes.

Honestly what bugged me about tag mode the most was that it limited the stages and things you could do in stages, which to me is antithetical to DOA.

Leifang12

I find it annoying ! TN should know by now how to create a “new” DOA game within the time limits and give us all the content that previous DOA games had .

I personally played Tag quiet often with friends who are not usually good at DOA, but I could play with them on a casual level and teach them the game !

It’s hard to play with people when you can beat them in a matter of two seconds ! The 2v2 made it fun for new players and pro players to play together without it being serious all the time !

Although DOA5’s Tag mode was ridiculous and broken ! I hope TN after the launch of DOA6 will bring back Tag mode since most of the stages in the current game are actually tag stages :rolleyes:

SaihateDYNAMO

It's weird because Tag has always been... there. It's been a series staple for years now so it's strange that we are getting a new DOA game without the tag mode, but as just about everyone else has said already, tag in 5 was RIDICULOUS. I honestly don't mind to see it gone but if they release a reworked tag mode that works well with the new DOA6 mechanics I wouldn't complain! As long as they fix the moon gravity...

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
But why waste time and money on a mode very few people played? Its hard to justify it when they can put more effort into the core game.
GrandScratchyCicada-size_restricted.gif

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
It's a concern to me that content I enjoyed is being taken out. Like @Leifang I had friends that weren't good that loved tag, and if I would get heated with my good friends, tag made for a nice temporary switch.

Loved that the mode just went nuts, broke all of the rules and didn't give a fuck, but it will not break me if it doesn't return.

TRI Mike

I honestly don't think anything of value was lost. No one really played tag and for years I forgot the mode existed in both DOA4 and 5. Also, it was apparently quite broken and I never, ever heard of a tournament or event using it officially.

With that said, several of DOA6's stages look suspiciously "Tag-like" which makes me believe Team NINJA is just holding the mode hostage until a revision of the game gets announced.

Derock

Its really doesn't matter to me. Tag was amazing in 2 Vanilla, Hardcore and 2U and recently I found more throws and stuff from that than later titles.

One thing I really don't understand why people are upset about Tag missing (and I can agree that Tag CAN use memory because didn't TN said that they are using a different engine?) People on the assumption like its on an updated engine for 5. 6 still have more content and gave use good ones like Quest and Customization. Honestly, people need to read.

SoftCabbage

Maybe not. But definitely will welcome it if it comes through title update.

I like to play 1player VS Mode, so a variation would be nice.

PhoenixVFIRE

im gonna say yes, and mainly because sometimes me and my friends just all wanted to play at the same time and tag was the only way to do it. Sure, the gravity and juggle shit was annoying as f*ck in 5 but if they adjusted it to be similar to like doa3 or 4's, it wouldnt be that bad imo.

Also, the unique tag grabs were really fun spectacles and always thought everyone should have a unique one.

Zeo

I don't personally care. But I have 3 nieces/nephews and they loved playing together, so it's a shame that it's taken out in that regard.

Outside for that? No one plays tag except some casuals so... meh. It'll probably show up later on when the game's not still trying to establish itself.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD