Is the lack of Tag mode a concern?

Is the lack of Tag mode a concern or problem?

• Yes

Votes: 23 34.3%
  • Not at all

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I'm not sure / It doesn't matter

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters

ShinobiOfTheWind

It only served me to unlock costumes in a easier way ahah. But it was so boring when you're in the air... I still remember all these Sarah teams which ruined your experience. And the lack of stages was boring too !
Anyway, I don't care if it's here or not, but I would like it to return only for the ones who actually used it a lot ( and it's always cool to play with " friends).

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
It was a lot of extra dev time for intros, intros, tag throws, and making stages work with the tag mechanics. We wouldn’t be getting DoA6 even close to this soon with it there and the data shows a very small portion of the player base touched it.

Absolutely the smart play to excise it. It might feature in an iterative update to 6 but that would be based on sales and ongoing player investment via DLC.

Bogetsu

I have to say that it doesn't represent a concern to me. The only thing that I could miss, are the intros so as some of the tag throws for certain characters.

Nevertheless, even if TN put an effort to balance and improve tag mode dynamics (gravity, juggles extension, etc) and then add it to a next update / iteration of DOA6, I'm not certain if it would be good enough to attract players.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Every DOA is a different DOA. If I want I can go back and play DOA5. A game that will remain superb long after 6 releases.

P2p1mbs

I have to say that it doesn't represent a concern to me.

If it doesn't concern you, why did you title this discussion and poll like it does? It's rather misleading. You should have titled the discussion "Your toughs on loss of tag mode" or something more neutral.
Calling it a cause for concern sounds like you're trying to lead the discussion to a specific view point.

Omega Ayane

Aуαηє♡
Premium Donor
Most of DOA is made up by casual players and there's no denying that there are tag lobbies are up every day. After getting heated and/or just wanting to just chill with friends, I found tag to be a good way to relax and have some laughs with friends. Intros/outros were awesome, tag throws were hella fun, and the overall experience of seeing characters interact with their tag partners (if they were a tag match) was always enjoyable.. it brought more depth to the characters imo.

Jerk

I played tag very little, only to see the unique character tag throws and intros/outros which admittedly, probably take a lot of dev time.
Always wished the mode wasn't locked down as much. Like, opened up to more stages and not strictly 2v2. Get some 1v2 action! Or 3 player tag?! Lol, all of which is totally feasible since that's technically how the survival mode works, sans the team interactions.
But... oh well... more dev time for sure. Guess I'll just have to make my own perfect fighting game myself, instead. Heh heh...

tag is only useful for a certain type of youtube content
This made LOL!

Bogetsu

If it doesn't concern you, why did you title this discussion and poll like it does? It's rather misleading. You should have titled the discussion "Your toughs on loss of tag mode" or something more neutral.
Calling it a cause for concern sounds like you're trying to lead the discussion to a specific view point.

Yes, that title could have been right as well and this aim is mentioned on the main description of the thread/poll, independently from what I think about it.

I raised that question since I have read before some dissapointing impressions as more people was realizing about the fact that tag mode would not be available anymore.

Addictrian

But why waste time and money on a mode very few people played? Its hard to justify it when they can put more effort into the core game.
Ah always complaining about Money . They have enough Money . Its no Argument . And Yes even the Tag Mode was broken it should be a Mode to the Core Game .
Everything that the Series offered in the Past seems to go . Why ?

I watched DOA3 and DOA 4 Videos the last days and oh my Gosh .....they were really good and solid Games =) In an Artistic way really beautiful . I want that for DOA 6.

Raansu

Ah always complaining about Money . They have enough Money . Its no Argument . And Yes even the Tag Mode was broken it should be a Mode to the Core Game .
Everything that the Series offered in the Past seems to go . Why ?

I watched DOA3 and DOA 4 Videos the last days and oh my Gosh .....they were really good and solid Games =) In an Artistic way really beautiful . I want that for DOA 6.

Uh....I'm not complaining about money, I'm stating how business works. TN is given a budget, of which they have to abide to and work with. Doesn't matter how much money KT as a whole makes, a good business will only shell out the budget that a product is worth, and fact is DoA is not a AAA seller. It barely sells over 1 million units, which today isn't a lot.

Its given a budget appropriate to expected sales and TN dictated clearly that so few people played Tag that it was no longer a priority in the dev cycle. Based on Shimbori's recent comments it looks like they tried to squeeze it in at the end and just couldn't. None of this arguing really matters though. Fact is, tag was never popular outside of an extremely small EU community and its not going to be in DoA6. Will it be in 6U when it inevitably drops on next gen consoles? Possibly, but as of now, its gone.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Tag might return, during the demo I found this:
FEF8E3AB-3D0D-48EB-95A8-EE1654B34626.jpeg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD