Characters Jann Lee's hidden potential: 龍BT Game龍

Darkslay

So, in my recent endeavours designing, writing and recording the Dragon Guide, i found a move (a set of moves actually) that not only has great properties but that leads into other moves with great qualities as well. This all comes down to 1 thing, Jann Lee's back turned game, i'll explain why and give a breakdown of each move as well.

I've made this since i unfortunately don't think i'll be able to have this on the Dragon Guide. So consider this a mini guide to the wonders of Lee's BT game. ;)

First of all, how to go into BT? Simple. Jann Lee has 2 (safe) ways to go into BT, :4::4::P: and :P::P::4::P:.
There's no difference between these moves other than one being part of a string, they're both i14 mids that are -5 on block, that -5 already gives us something, it makes the moves completely safe, meaning this move can be used like Rig's :6::P::P: or Kokoro's :3::K::4::K:, you can backdash out of these moves to set-up tricky frame traps and the such, oooooor you can do one of Jann Lee's BT moves, which is where the good stuff comes in. ;)

HIGHS

-BT :K:: i19, tracking move, sets-up force techs, wall splats.

-BT :P: (:P::P:...): This one is very interesting, the jab gains an extra frame, however, going BT essentially buffs your :P: strings, the first :P: becomes a tracking move meaning that you can have a double tracking string with :P::6::P:, :P::2::P: changes as well, the :2::P: is normally i16, but in BT it magically changes to i12!! See what i'm getting at? Its surprising how much this move changes by simply going BT.

-BT :7::P:: Tracking move, high crush, CH range was increased from U to LR, ridiculous damage for a single strike, max amount of knockback.

MIDS

-BT :4::P:: Not much changes for this move, it becomes slower (i15) but it becomes safer (-8), you still retain all options from a normal :6::P:, except the ability to transition into DS (dragon stance).

-BT :4::K:: i15, tracking move, wall splats, gives a sitdown stun that can lead anywhere from 10% to 30% health (waaaay more depending on the stage).

-BT :P+K:: i15, guard break, safe, wall splats, great damage for a single strike, max amount of knockback.

LOWS

-BT :2::P:: i13, safe, high crush, tracking move, provides +9 on any type of stun, :2::4::6::P: shortcut.

-BT :2::K:: i15, high and mid crush, sets up force techs (in stun), :2::4::6::P: shortcut.

So there you go, great stuff right? He gets crushes, tracking moves, guard breaks, stuns, frame advantage, you name it lol. But the most important thing is that it forces a guess, and a very hard one at that, Lee will be rewarded positively from any of these moves. Share your thoughts down below on this info and be on the look out for the full Dragon Guide. Cheers. :)

:jannlee:

Last edited:

WAZAAAAA

33P also leaves you back turned with frame advantage (+12 guard break) if charged
P+K, PP4PP on whiff, K4K and 3K4K also leave you BT

KING JAIMY

33P also leaves you back turned with frame advantage (+12 guard break) if charged
I don't think he listed them because those are unsafe on block (except for P+K, which is semi-safe). 33P full charged is way too obvious and will get held most of the time.

Darkslay

LoL.... all right :) !!! Uhm.... I was hoping for some milk too. :(

Lee doesn't like milk, i can offer you some WATAHHH tho. XD

The pushback on :3::3::P: and :P+K: makes it difficult to follow up after, they do work (greatly) at the wall though, there are ways to sneak in a full charged :3::3::P: btw @KING JAIMY. :p

:P::P::4::P::P:? Yeah, if you live after that whiffs lol, and :3::K:/:K::4::K: leave you at negative and they have the same issues as :3::3::P: and :P+K:.

still an option especially online

Please, don't bring online into the equation lol.

Lulu

Lee doesn't like milk, i can offer you some WATAHHH tho. XD
LoL.... that sounds like some painfull liquid.

Anyway: can Jan Lee enter Dragon Stance from that first Punch String ?

And is the his BT :P+K: Holdable ?

Darkslay

LoL.... that sounds like some painfull liquid.

Anyway: can Jan Lee enter Dragon Stance from that first Punch String ?

And is the his BT :P+K: Holdable ?

The first punch string? What do you mean? He has both BT :P::2::P::4: and BT :P::P::6::P::4: to enter DS.

Yes, its holdable.

Last edited:

MaxiKilla

That takes a little over 10 frames, its safer to back dash if you're BT on block.
Oh ok. It's still pretty useful if you're opponent is hold happy. After duck 4,6p is guaranteed damage if they hold or attempt to throw. Well it works against A.I at least

Lulu

It only occurred to me yesterday that Jan Lee can change his stance just by Freestepping Up or Down......

I only noticed it when realised what :4::H+K: does.

Darkslay

Oh ok. It's still pretty useful if you're opponent is hold happy. After duck 4,6p is guaranteed damage if they hold or attempt to throw. Well it works against A.I at least
Well on stun is a different story, you can still bait a crouch after a BT 2P by doing a DK or DG, so that BT 2P 46P becomes an option, buffering a 46P while BT might extend those 10 frames, and PP4P/44P don't grant that much advantage to begin with, so its better to turn around while standing if you're going for that mix up.
It only occurred to me yesterday that Jan Lee can change his stance just by Freestepping Up or Down......

I only noticed it when realised what :4::H+K: does.
A lot of characters can do that lol, even those that don't rely on stance specific, combos/setups.

Lulu

Well on stun is a different story, you can still bait a crouch after a BT 2P by doing a DK or DG, so that BT 2P 46P becomes an option, buffering a 46P while BT might extend those 10 frames, and PP4P/44P don't grant that much advantage to begin with, so its better to turn around while standing if you're going for that mix up.

A lot of characters can do that lol, even those that don't rely on stance specific, combos/setups.

Yeah but other Characters have to use :6::6_:..... or SS (I found out about that one recently)

Jan Lee can change his Stance and repostion himself all in one motion...... and ontop if that he still has his:2::P+K:.

MaxiKilla

That takes a little over 10 frames, its safer to back dash if you're BT on block.

I prefer using his BT :1_: to pressure the player. He can turn faster during BT crouch because the animation only shows his head turning. I think all characters can move back while BT crouch. Since JL is already in crouch the player will either hold, crouch grab(which is futile), or neutral p. If they side step you can either use BT 46K, BT 2p or BT 236p while turning. That way you'll have enough frame to hit while they sidestep. Crouch grabs can't touch his BT 46p. Not sure how to fit BT 33p.(charged)

As for block type p+k seems about right.

Darkslay

I prefer using his BT :1_: to pressure the player. He can turn faster during BT crouch because the animation only shows his head turning. I think all characters can move back while BT crouch. Since JL is already in crouch the player will either hold, crouch grab(which is futile), or neutral p. If they side step you can either use BT 46K, BT 2p or BT 236p while turning. That way you'll have enough frame to hit while they sidestep. Crouch grabs can't touch his BT 46p. Not sure how to fit BT 33p.(charged)

As for block type p+k seems about right.
I think you're confusing JL for Marshall Law... Turning from BT crouch takes 5 frames, same as turning while standing, but by going crouching you're adding 4 before you turn, you're at more than -10 at that point since 44P is normally -5, characters like Rig can punish you for well over 40% damage, you shouldn't press buttons after 44P on block unless you've already conditioned the opponent, and even then, you're already decked out in tracking moves from BT, no need to mess with stuff like 46K or 236P, you already have great lift stuns in the form of 3P and 6K that are also mid options and can open up the opponent to slower options, again, the stun on 44P is not great.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD