Lei Fang

NukNuks

Totally didn't know you were Nykko. Totally placed 5th with Lei Fang.

Ello thar! Master's online tourney right? FYI you would've made it on the list (not that it means anything) but I see you bouncing between mains lol.

UnD34D

Ello thar! Master's online tourney right? FYI you would've made it on the list (not that it means anything) but I see you bouncing between mains lol.
No, I'm talking about MWC in Chicago, I don't remember my placings in any online tournies to be honest. I always considered Lei Fang and Jann Lee my mains in DoA4, I couldn't really ever decide between 'em, but I planned on making a home for myself with both of them again.

TRI Mike

The only thing I don't like so much about Fang now is that she seems to rely so much on those sabakis.

Lobo

This pertains strictly to the undisputed main Lei players. These are people you would want to play in order to learn from them. A good chunk of them are MIA.

Notable online Lei players:
Hagster
Rai Bakuoh
Burninoni
Servbot 117
FloralDragonX
Aurora Skyes
Nightantilli

Notable offline Lei players:
Majin Kimimaro
Punishere
Sorazul
Gunstar Red
Nykko (me)
Lap (da fuq did dis guy go)

I really can't think of any other offline Lei players that have placed in tournaments...

Was really surprised to see me in the offline group there, considering I've only been to one tournament and got blasted in the 3rd round. (Although I plan on going to nearly all of them once I get back to the states)

Lol @ Undead, if you want credit as a Lei main, you actually have to main her, so you have to pick between her and Jann NAO!!

Just kidding man, I know how hard it is to decide on a main. Even now, I'm really liking the Bayman changes and also love the way Rig is turning out, so its gonna be hard for me to main Lei... Who am I'm kidding, She could be the dog shit under my shoe tier, and I would still main her.

The only thing I don't like so much about Fang now is that she seems to rely so much on those sabakis.

Really? I always thought her sabakis were pretty useless (as were the others like Kokoro's and Elliot's). Are you sure you didn't mean her parries.

They only sabaki'd highs, and even then, you had to have near perfect timing to get them to work. Her sabakis were also slow as shit. 6P+K and 236P were so slow, that if you were gonna guess your opponent to do a high, you might as well do one of Lei's billion high crushes or just high counter.

Only time sabakis ever worked for me was when I accidently did 236P instead of 46P, and got really lucky. And even then, it sometimes backfired because if they threw and I did 236P, then I got hit by a hi-counter throw.

PhoenixVFIRE

Really? I always thought her sabakis were pretty useless (as were the others like Kokoro's and Elliot's). Are you sure you didn't mean her parries.

They only sabaki'd highs, and even then, you had to have near perfect timing to get them to work. Her sabakis were also slow as shit. 6P+K and 236P were so slow, that if you were gonna guess your opponent to do a high, you might as well do one of Lei's billion high crushes or just high counter.

Only time sabakis ever worked for me was when I accidently did 236P instead of 46P, and got really lucky. And even then, it sometimes backfired because if they threw and I did 236P, then I got hit by a hi-counter throw.
He said, "Now." meaning in DOA5, he doesn't like that her game seems to revolve around her parry shenanigan's and sabaki's.

Berzerk!

I love Leifang. My main in all my tournaments, she has taken me around the world :p

Thanks for the shoutout Nykko - I only go by Gunstar Red on Xbl but it's cool to be listed with those very accomplished LF players.

I think we're going to have a great time with LF in Doa5. I'm excited for her new strings, and solid returning moves like the k2k we saw Punishere use so well as a hit confirm poke/small launch at the I'm a fighter r2 event. And little things like the 1kp string from DoaD is a really nice addition.

Then there's the completely new capabilities. Looking forward to breaking it down, doing an event with stream next Wednesday as first opportunity

Lobo

Ok, maybe I did miss the "now" part, but I still don't think that sabakis have any real use, especially when Lei has so many good crushes. And I don't see her game revolving around her parries at all. I mean, look what punishere did at HIN.

He might have connected with the parry, what, 3 times. She has so many other tools at her disposal. Leifang has always been about spacing with 2F+K, evading highs with moves like 1P and 1P+K, and high damage combos after you launch, which is a little easier now with the return of her old K2K.

Her options with parries just make her even scarier to fight against.

Edit: Gunstar hit it on the head. She was always a solid char, and now that she has some new tools, without taking too many nerfs just makes her more solid

Brute

Standard Donor
I agree with Lobo.

Impressive vid, btw. I like to see aggressive players like that.

NightAntilli

I'm surprised to see my name pop up in this thread lol. I expected most people to either not know me at all or think I suck.
But yeah, I haven't really been playing DOA4 lately and have been focusing on VF5FS instead, so the transition back to DOA4 might not be all that great for me to show off my Lei-Fang, plus, I'm not sure how useful those things would be in the transition to DOA5. But if people are interested they can feel free to ask for some stuff about her.

I'm still not sure who I'm gonna main in DOA5.. It will probably end up being either Kokoro, Lei-Fang, or Pai (if she's indeed in it). I will definitely be playing Lei-Fang though, whether she ends up being my main or a secondary/tertiary character.

MajesticBlue

All I know is I can't wait to try and throw her out of her sabaki moves xD. Her CB! is a sabaki...hmm.

She is one of the characters I might main. Lei was pretty fun in 2U. My list of of possible mains grows larger and larger. Thank goodness for the new random option.

daman077c

All I know is I can't wait to try and throw her out of her sabaki moves xD. Her CB! is a sabaki...hmm.

Well, that just means all the Lei player has to do is 3P+K and you're getting taken for HCH damage at full launch height. I found a number of people doing that at HIN. I'm a bit surprised I'm not on that list, lol. I've been playing Lei as my main since DOA 2 Hardcore on the PS2. :p

MajesticBlue

Still...you better not think of trying to mix me up with an OH or anything. :rolleyes:
I also never said it was smart lol. The window I would have to throw you out of is pretty small anyways. 5-10 frames maybe? Not really sure/depends on the move. Gonna go for it anyways. Hahahaha.

UnD34D

Lol @ Undead, if you want credit as a Lei main, you actually have to main her, so you have to pick between her and Jann NAO!!

Just kidding man, I know how hard it is to decide on a main. Even now, I'm really liking the Bayman changes and also love the way Rig is turning out, so its gonna be hard for me to main Lei... Who am I'm kidding, She could be the dog shit under my shoe tier, and I would still main her.

I get punished because I can't choose between a sexy little Chinese girl and my hero, Bruce Lee?!

Lobo

I get punished because I can't choose between a sexy little Chinese girl and my hero, Bruce Lee?!

Yup, thats how it is. It's like a cult man. You can't be trusted until we're sure you won't betray us be running off to Jann and win some tourney with him.

:leifang: cult for life.

Allan Paris

You can't be trusted until we're sure you won't betray us be running off to Jann and win some tourney with him.

Well this shouldn't be problem. He's very trust worthy, let him the in cult. He's not going to win anything, even if he ran off to Jann Lee. He may not drink the kool-aid with the rest of you but, he's for damn sure not winning anything, with her or Jann Lee.

I say let him in. At the very least he can bring back Jann Lee secrets............. But, he just may fuck that up.

Einzelkind

I wonder if she will have some new go to juggles in DOA5. I've seen her 2p+k give a rebounce during a juggle, but I can't find the video anymore. I think it was during the San Matteo tourney. The only thing about her that I really dislike so far is more of an aesthetic gripe: I hate that they completely removed the oomph from her 3p+k shoulder if you finish a juggle with it.
Other than that she looks mighty fine. Her parries are finally useful and it looks like Shimbori went through with that damage buff he was tweeting about (good thing she's his favorite character). Potential main right here.

Allan Paris

Leifang can CB in 3 hits but it's easy to stop and you can see it coming.

This has nothing to do with current conversation. I'm just throw this out there. Enjoy.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD