Lets be serious here Alpha-152 needs to be banned.

Ban her

• Yes

Votes: 108 55.7%
  • No

Votes: 86 44.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGhidorah

Hmm....well people are quitting the game so maybe getting rid of her just to save face is our best bet.

tumblr_lxkk4xACbR1qhmfkuo1_400.gif

KingGhidorah

100 faceplams doesn't make you look cool. Why do people do that? I mean I can beat her and everything, but there is no use fighting it when we're in the minority.

I won't say because that won't make things better. But people are close from quitting this game though. Me? I like Zack, so I'll be around.

You think I give a shit about looking cool? I only care about what I think, everybody else can do their own thing.

And if people wish to ditch the game AGAIN, their loss. Other games are out I can jump to should Ultimate's community die off like vanilla.

MasterHavik

You think I give a shit about looking cool? I only care about what I think, everybody else can do their own thing.

And if people wish to ditch the game AGAIN, their loss. Other games are out I can jump to should Ultimate's community die off like vanilla.
I just don't like the faceplam thing. I got nothing against you. But you're right you can your own thing.

So you don't care if people quit the game and leave it?

KingGhidorah

I just don't like the faceplam thing. I got nothing against you. But you're right you can your own thing.

So you don't care if people quit the game and leave it?

And I have nothing against you either.

As to your question; I do, and I don't.

If people wish to be moronic and quit I have no say in the matter, and after 5 died out I kinda just stopped caring.

MasterHavik

I can't say I blame anyone for dropping Injustice, that game is rather all over the place.
The silly thing is that people say it, but they still support the community and show up. It's pretty funny if you ask me. And Injustice is actually really balanced. People just like complaining no matter the fighters. I have notice in this age of fighters everyone wants to bitch.

Codemaster92163

Why would you remove alpha just because people are quitting the game? Besides, it's not even a question of removing her, just banning her in tournaments.

I'm pretty sure people would be quitting the game for other reasons, such as nerfs they didn't want and refuse to adjust to, stricter buffering, or hell, in some cases, a lack of the changes they wished to see.

And now I feel bad. I really dislike coming to this page and sharing my oft-repeated points, but so few people are willing to put in a good word for Alpha that I'm kinda stuck here.

Number 13

Lets be real.

This discussion is suddenly happening because there is good amount of rent money on the line this time. Not to mention TFC is looking to be a big tournament for DoA standards and some people don't want to deal with unpredictable variables like seeing an Alpha bulldoze their character due to lack of matchup knowledge (I'm not talking about 'theory fighting' either). Its just less of a headache to outright ban the character instead.

Hypothetically if Alpha was ban, the discussion would then inch towards Rachel, the VF characters, etc, to be next on the chopping block because they have an edge compared to most of the game roster as well, but can still be beat if you have the matchup knowledge.

Last edited:

Crext

Standard Donor
Tbh, my impression is that Rachel or Momiji (and their insane tag combo) are the overpowered once. I actually enjoy facing alphas, I beat them every time, but then again I think Hitomi/Ein combo kinda counters alphas.

Saber

Tbh, my impression is that Rachel or Momiji (and their insane tag combo) are the overpowered once. I actually enjoy facing alphas, I beat them every time, but then again I think Hitomi/Ein combo kinda counters alphas.
Momiji is nowhere near overpowered. Not even close.

She may have excellent move safety, and an excellent stun to launch game, but her damage output is incredibly low, for one, her throws don't do as much as damage as they should, she has very few strings (all of which put you at a 50/50 which is fairly predictable), her Double Jump throw is not an OH when it should be and like all jumping moves, knocking her out of Double Jump results in a Hi-CH.

I don't know Rachel enough to make a comment, though.

And Hitomi doesn't have a good match up against Alpha. It's barely even 5-5. What Hitomi really lacks against Alpha's tools is a proper crouching-state high crush. Alpha can go ape on OHs all day because only two of Hitomi's lows put her in a crouching state, and her reliance on high-low string mix ups is easily crushed by true mids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD