Lets be serious here Alpha-152 needs to be banned.

Ban her

• Yes

Votes: 108 55.7%
  • No

Votes: 86 44.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterHavik

Well TFC is in bound. Nothing we can do.

Lets be real.

This discussion is suddenly happening because there is good amount of rent money on the line this time. Not to mention TFC is looking to be a big tournament for DoA standards and some people don't want to deal with unpredictable variables like seeing an Alpha bulldoze their character due to lack of matchup knowledge (I'm not talking about 'theory fighting' either). Its just less of a headache to outright ban the character instead.

Hypothetically if Alpha was ban, the discussion would then inch towards Rachel, the VF characters, etc, to be next on the chopping block because they have an edge compared to most of the game roster as well, but can still be beat if you have the matchup knowledge.
I'm shocked no one said she makes the game look bad.

Crext

Standard Donor
Momiji is nowhere near overpowered. Not even close.

She may have excellent move safety, and an excellent stun to launch game, but her damage output is incredibly low, for one, her throws don't do as much as damage as they should, she has very few strings (all of which put you at a 50/50 which is fairly predictable), her Double Jump throw is not an OH when it should be and like all jumping moves, knocking her out of Double Jump results in a Hi-CH.

I don't know Rachel enough to make a comment, though.

And Hitomi doesn't have a good match up against Alpha. It's barely even 5-5. What Hitomi really lacks against Alpha's tools is a proper crouching-state high crush. Alpha can go ape on OHs all day because only two of Hitomi's lows put her in a crouching state, and her reliance on high-low string mix ups is easily crushed by true mids.

I'm speaking tag here as solo ranked is bugged atm. The Momiji + Rachel combo is insane, where they just continue to do airthrows and relaunchers, but I won't get into that here.

It is hard to say if Hitomi does 5-5 or better against alphas so early, all I am saying is that I am owning them, like all of them, but that may be because I was fairly decent against them in regular DoA5 as well. This may change as I have not bothered getting involved with alpha, because I view her as a weak character (because they've given me no issues), and that the alpha players hasn't adjusted to DoA5U yet.

You can speak theorycraft, but truth be told in practical fighting her 236P destroys, if you manage to time and read the range, any kick approach which them alphas often seem to do. Once you've beaten the crap out of the alpha for 2/3 of her lifebar they will stop doing this and you get in close and keep rushing her every time she falls over, WHICH SHE WILL DO A LOT VS HITOMI. Also you must be speaking of the wrong character, Hitomi is so midpunch heavy that it is insane. Also she is not reliant on strings at all, again you got the wrong character. Hitomi trives very well on just throwing you across the screen for a living, which is insanely bad news for alpha. I don't know the framedata for alpha's OH, but if you are rushing her odds are you will beat her out with you low frame hits or even get high throws because you will be throwing those in there. Even with all that mentioned, the biggest weakness of alpha vs Hitomi is that she has no good way of countering Hitomi's unslaugh of stun and knockdown punches, as the fear for being holded vanish and might even end up in zero damage. One of Hitomi's weaknesses is getting midpunch holded, and if you take that away the odds are in your favor my friend.

That said, none of the people I've faced so far is probably at the peak of their alpha skill level, just like I ain't with my current Hitomi/Ein, so I won't make any conclusion as of yet. So I won't get into details about the matchup setup. but "just barely 5-5" I find very unlikely, she is probably 6-4 or stronger. But again, people are not playing their peak game yet, and I will wait with any conclusion until I meet some decent alpha players, with some new setups I have not seen before.

Davey2100

I'm speaking tag here as solo ranked is bugged atm. The Momiji + Rachel combo is insane, where they just continue to do airthrows and relaunchers, but I won't get into that here.

To be fair, tag is pretty unbalanced for a ton of teams.With my lei fang + tina all I have to do is land one hit and I can keep the opponent in the air for a good 20 hits just repeating 2 combos, i feel so cheap doing it but its just so effective and lots of other characters have similar relaunching crap

As for Alpha, I really don't think she should be banned. I don't see her as broken enough to warrant it, hell, she has character specific combos in 5U cause of her weight.

She won one tournament so far? chill out.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Banning Alpha won't make you look bad. She's a boss character and it can be a temporary ban 'till people figure out if the character is a major issue or not

Also, stating that banning a boss character would make the community look bad is a very insecure statement. Like I said, other communities either don't give a shit about the DOA community or they won't be surprised.

Also, an $8000 tourney for a game that was only released a week ago is a very silly idea, but I guess that's how they roll in Murika.

Brute

Standard Donor
Also, an $8000 tourney for a game that was only released a week ago is a very silly idea, but I guess that's how they roll in Murika.
A lot of that money was graciously put forward by Team Ninja (Japanese) who obviously are going to have a prolonged interest in the competitive scene of the game that they made. If the pot money brings more people into the game's competitive scene, they succeeded. Not very silly at all.

Brute

Standard Donor
"Should Alpha be banned?"
"No, because she'll never just dominate the tournament fnals."
TFC: Alpha vs Alpha

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Yeah Alpha vs. Alpha was the least likely mirror. It had to be Xcalibur vs. Lopedo in order for that to happen

Crext

Standard Donor
This tournaments showed that we need to turn our focus to Rachel. Rachel was dominant throughout the tournament for a lot of players, while alpha was not. Even the two best alpha players in the world chose to go with Rachel at the very end as their final stand.

Zeo

Alpha still made it to GF, was seen in GF and both players who made it to GF used her in clutch situations against other players and pulled out the win in all scenarios to get to GF. All this proved was that Rachel is a bigger problem, and for a much simpler reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD