"Let's Move!" The Lisa Video Thread!

b-bombs

Standard Donor
@boobiebombs You back away too much when you have the advantage. When the opponent is on the ground or heading there pressure forward always. Force get ups with 1k after you land the BT 4k. If they don't tech roll always look to force get ups for that good frame advantage. After pp2k or 2k+f if they are not a fan of tech rolling 6k+f. When they do start tech rolling, just press forward with the frame advantage.

I like your distance game, and you seem pretty comfortable there. I can see what you're trying to do but your feeling for range is out of wack. That's nothing but practice really and we can see that because it started coming together in your second match.

Don't just carrera spam for no reason. Have what you want to do in mind and do it within 2-3 carerra spams.

Figure out what you want to do with your stun game. Quick launch, work CB, stun reset or throw. Keep it simple stupid.

Yeah 2 main things would be work your ability to perform stupidly close in on the advantage, frame advantage, force teching and throws and keen your mid-long range game.

First of all, thanks for the help, this is really useful for me!

Yeah, I know I back away a lot with advantage. I'm still kind of learning that whole concept of advantage and how to utilize it. I still play with that amateur mentality that I gotta reset to neutral after a successful attack of any sort for fear of a wakeup kick or some surprising turn of events.

As for the carrera and stun game, at the moment I tend to have one or two things that I feel confident doing. Once it's clear that those two things are expected by my opponent my game breaks down entirely. I'm working on getting comfortable with more options and hopefully that'll lead to an increased ability to mix things up on my opponent.

Tones

Premium Donor
I usually 9k after BT 4k, it leaves you at a bigger Advantage and opens up her BT Shenanigans and mixups ;)
That's what I love about Lisa, so many different ways to play her.

1k opens the opponent up for her run in game. Personal I stick to her OH, an 11 frame throw or stun.

Yeah, I know I back away a lot with advantage. I'm still kind of learning that whole concept of advantage and how to utilize it. I still play with that amateur mentality that I gotta reset to neutral after a successful attack of any sort for fear of a wakeup kick or some surprising turn of events.
Only amateur in the sense you are not using it according to health (dis)advantage. If you're 1 small combo away from loosing the round, game and set then yes play it super-super safe. If you've got a good advantage then pressure pressure pressure.

Last edited:

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Finally got my laptop back and now I'll be able to record myself getting bodied again :D

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Finally, after months of not recording shit due to my laptop always turning off on me within 3 minutes of recording...

Have fun chewing me out with constructive criticism

ailingeternity

Not bad Gruff, that Mila in the 1st vid was tough dayum!

I had trouble watching the rest of the vids because of the english audio. I swear TN need to remove it from the next game, I don't like any of the English voice actors.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
I tend to alternate between the voices
It's kinda funny that I played better in the later videos when I actually started utilizing Lisa's BT options more

Batcommander

yay lisa vids! How the hell did Tina avoid the launch from 6P8K after you used 44T on her (1:24)?

havent watched the full thing yet, i do like how you use 44T a lot.

ailingeternity

Just a couple of matches I recorded, obviously hammed up by yours truly and featuring my shitty editing, the first player is the only respectable one, the other Lisa player was clearly a stripper (hence the music) and the last one is a real gem honestly...

The quality isn't that good since I don't have a HD TV but I'm working on it :)

Tones

Premium Donor
Lisa comes in at the 12 minutes mark. No new tech but you'll notice my playstyle is.... I'll try to do one thing for a while then I'll try to do another thing. It is also extremely relaxed.

You guys think that's a good thing?

ailingeternity

If you aren't relaxed you aren't focused, simple as. I try to keep that mindset all the time but fail when the match is in a pinch lol.

Tones

Premium Donor
If you aren't relaxed you aren't focused, simple as. I try to keep that mindset all the time but fail when the match is in a pinch lol.
Then why do you think I lost those matches though? I got my own thoughts but I wanna hear some other peoples.

Batcommander

sigh, all of you guys are so good with lisa. I know i talk a lot on the forums but the truth is i am hands down the worst Lisa out of all the ones shown on this forum lmao. I dunno, i just buckle under pressure; @Tones i think it is a good thing you can stay relaxed during a match. Also, i like your use of jab tick throw into i12 throw.

ToiletMangoes

sigh, all of you guys are so good with lisa. I know i talk a lot on the forums but the truth is i am hands down the worst Lisa out of all the ones shown on this forum lmao. I dunno, i just buckle under pressure; @Tones i think it is a good thing you can stay relaxed during a match. Also, i like your use of jab tick throw into i12 throw.
I'm not that great. My juggles need work.

ailingeternity

Then why do you think I lost those matches though? I got my own thoughts but I wanna hear some other peoples.
I'm not gonna tell you how to play Lisa but I can point out a few number factors that may have helped.

I saw a bit of :1::K: whiffing and the Kokoro player punished it almost every time when it did mainly from it being used at mid distance, a number of your juggles could have been extended for more damage too. Kokoro is also generally very difficult for Lisa to deal with as most of her best tools are safe, she can close in with :6::6::P: and be continuously aggressive and not worry about throw punishment, that player also seemed to have experience against Lisa players, they knew how to punish your mistakes (mainly the whiffed OH's). Lisa's best answer to Kokoro is using OH's after she is put into disadvantage since she is an entirely aggressive character or crushing her after defending, because she can't start the stun game on NH from her lows she will from time to time need to use tick throws (since she has no OH's of her own) to break defenses or her strike~throw strings all of which can be crushed for hi-counter.

You should get some recording hardware/software and show us some matches of how you play, we're all here to become better players, but saying you're the worst Lisa player here is total BS and I will not stand for it. As long as you're beating the crap into those disgusting scrubs online then we're all in the same boat ^-^

Tones

Premium Donor
1k to catch tech rolls, I love it @AkaShocka.

Mr fancy pants 236k4 7p CB. Oh what's this boot bumpin CB?! Ending with a BT CB PB!!! Your pants must of been Picasso that day.

So the TL:DR is be on your shit. I agree.

There were times as well where being extremely decisive instead of waiting it out to play the reaction. Nothing wrong with it really, but just saying don't wait it out too often... unless it's working because in this case it wasn't working.

Apart from that and dropping combos, I did fall into his bait and whiff punish game. At times when I turned the pressure up I got rewarded.

...Thinking about it more now, if I didn't win that first game the way I did or the stages where different, the rest of the games would of been completely different. I won when I was in tight.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD