Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

KwonJigglypuff

Helena deserves more epic tradegy.
Lei and Hitomi deserve more maturity.
Christie and Zack deserve more badass.
Kokoro and Ayane deserve more darkness.
Leon and La Mariposa deserve more screentime.
Rig and Diego deserve to get sexy fetish costumes.
Tina, Mila & Bass deserve more sweet family moments.
Bayman deserves to ally with a KCIA agent to kill Donovan.

Last edited:

juliusxcix

kAzUNdi.png

Ugh, I can't believe how bad these graphics are.

Edit: y'all are laughing but this is how bad my connection is. 160p stream and it kept freezing and cutting out fml
I SEE ME IM FAMOUS

prototypetom

Might be that i skipped breakfast and lunch - but I'm wondering if Lisa might get a bit of a low key Kano(MK) face thing as a result of the explosion, or like a half or quarter Donovan mask and get a hard heel turn to match. Bit extreme maybe and hard to tie into La Mariposa.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Just found this on Twitter, lol:

DkE1JDQUwAA0j3d.jpg:large

What, feminist Kasumi is too curvy and skimpily clothed for them? XD
They make zero sense.

Last edited:

just_me

Standard Donor
Lol must be a comment from the recent OneAngryGamer article.

It's so weird that the allegedly media critical audience of his “listen & believe” everything he says.
Though it's just people that know nothing about the series and have no interest in it whining… so no point in engaging.

But maybe someone should ask him which DoA2-5 Vanilla outfits he could not see returning with the current direction and the 5 costumes we have so far XD

Actually this is a serious question… the only outfits that I couldn't see returning is maybe Christie's DoA4 C1 (would probably get a bra/top underneath… which is an improvement imo. Like her C1 and C3 combined), Helena's C3 from DoA4 and the V-Bikinis from 5 Vanilla… that's basically it.

Last edited:

Raansu

Just found this on Twitter, lol:

DkE1JDQUwAA0j3d.jpg:large

What, feminist Kasumi is too curvy and skimpily clothed for them? XD
They make zero sense.

I love how they think they are the core fanbase. Most of these people complaining probably don't even play the game, or played the story mode and never touched the game again.

Crext

Standard Donor
I love how they think they are the core fanbase. Most of these people complaining probably don't even play the game, or played the story mode and never touched the game again.

I'm pretty sure they are the majority of the existing fan base, though the minority of the ones who play competitive/past the first months (and thus you won't see them here on the forum). They are plenty of sales though, so I wouldn't ignore them completely, however the makers want to take a different approach this time around as stated in several interviews, so I guess we'll have to wait and see how it'll end up as the market will speak louder than words. Maybe it can introduce some people who didn't want to test the brand before, even if it alienate some of the existing fans. That's the thing about the free market, you can't please everyone. Also, DoA5LR isn't going to go up in smoke just because DoA6 launch. If DoA6 launch with a more e-sport related focus, then they won't cannibalize (the free) DoA5LR as much, and their costume sales. Maybe that's the thought, where DoA6 becomes the e-sport game for the future, just like how Smash Melee still is the "real" Smash Bros game.

Not like Marie Rose needs jiggle physics anyways. ;)

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
That's the second twitter account I've seen that specifically states in its profile that it was created just for the political agenda of getting DOA6 to be overtly sexualized again. :-/
There's a lot more than two unfortunately. Sad really. In my personal life I sink too many hours into employment to waste that much of my energy.

Jadeinchains

Majority of the existing fanbase yet failed to fully sign even a 500 person petition....Yeah..I doubt that.

( No offense, I genuinely just doubt it very much )

I imagine the largest part of the people that buy doa like pretty much every piece of media are the casual audience that don't know or get into all these things of the drama and while probably enjoying the fanservice ( like everyone does I imagine to a certain extent ) isn't going crazy calling betray and anger over it.

Anyway though I feel like unless it gets its own thread or something again we should refrain from talking about these people anymore because for one we've went over so many times that they're Helen Keller and that If they had eyes they'd have seen that fanservice is still there and that they've said Kasumis main outfit is coming back and so is jiggle physics. And two, I'm honestly I'm just hyped for doa6 and I don't want to see the cringy ass stuff these people post all the time. I'd rather discuss more important things like how Lisas better than your fave.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Anyway though I feel like unless it gets its own thread or something again we should refrain from talking about these people anymore because for one we've went over so many times that they're Helen Keller and that If they had eyes they'd have seen that fanservice is still there and that they've said Kasumis main outfit is coming back and so is jiggle physics. And two, I'm honestly I'm just hyped for doa6 and I don't want to see the cringy ass stuff these people post all the time. I'd rather discuss more important things like how Lisas better than your fave.
Very important discussion topic and vital to the survival of this series for sure. Do people know about her 6H+K? Are they going to get rid of her 9P?

Crext

Standard Donor
There's a lot more than two unfortunately. Sad really. In my personal life I sink too many hours into employment to waste that much of my energy.

Well, nerds are passionate about their hobbies. This happened during DoA5 as well when they said they were going to do the same thing (though they backpedaled back then).

Majority of the existing fanbase yet failed to fully sign even a 500 person petition....Yeah..I doubt that.

( No offense, I genuinely just doubt it very much )

Well, that petition did have 750 votes the one time I saw it (maybe there were more than one?), but it doesn't really work as a good marker anyways, I'd argue. You see, those are activists who want the game to be changed (against the creator's visions). In my view that's a pretty scumbag move, as it hurt artistic freedom by attempting to apply pressure from the outside against a product not even released. The "correct" way to go about it, in my view, is that If I don't enjoy the changes of Koei Tecmo (to a larger degree) I'd just not buy the game (alternative jump ship by not getting DLC/expansions). I wouldn't dedicate my time and effort into signing petitions and trying to change the makers decisions. It's their game, and they make changes as they see fit from their artistic visions, just like it's my freedom not to buy it. The time for you to voice your opinion is in the marketplace, not in a way of "If I don't like it, then nobody should have it!". I also believe the waste majority of those who would get turned off by such changes would take that approach rather than going on a crusade to get it altered. I mean, just buy Soul Calibur 6 instead if jiggly physics is so important to you (or Senran Kagura if you want to go all out). If a potential niche will become open when DoA alter their focus, then somebody will fill that gap. This is why the free market is the ultimate democracy where the loudest voices doesn't cancel out the wants of the people.

Anyways, to bring it back to the topic. Even if I admittedly would like to have options regarding boob sliders or jiggly physics (I'm always positive towards free choice no matter what), I'll survive without it. I also hope they implement optional gore functions if there's a lot of blood. I always turned it off when I played Dragon Age, as the Mortal Kombat feel isn't really my cup of tea. The Injustice wounds where you could see the muscle cells under the skin from injury also wasn't something I particularity liked, and would like the options to turn off. Regarding of how intense those things gets (within the options to select) matters way more to me than the size of the women's bosoms. On the other side, the Mortal Kombat crew really enjoy that stuff, and maybe it would be wiser of them to attract that audience by going more towards hardcore fatalities while leaving my preferences behind. Basically sales matter more than what some few individuals believe very strongly, the question is if it's worth the change if they already have a stable fan base and niche well secured, and won't be able to penetrate those new markets as those wants and needs are already viewed as fulfilled at a higher level by other fighting games (my bias here is that I don't want them to become Mortal Kombat/Injustice, as I dislike those games despite it being fairly popular, just for your information).

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Well, nerds are passionate about their hobbies. This happened during DoA5 as well when they said they were going to do the same thing (though they backpedaled back then).
Yup.

Well, that petition did have 750 votes the one time I saw it (maybe there were more than one?), but it doesn't really work as a good marker anyways, I'd argue. You see, those are activists who want the game to be changed (against the creator's visions). In my view that's a pretty scumbag move, as it hurt artistic freedom by attempting to apply pressure from the outside against a product not even released. The "correct" way to go about it, in my view, is that If I don't enjoy the changes of Koei Tecmo (to a larger degree) I'd just not buy the game (alternative jump ship by not getting DLC/expansions). I wouldn't dedicate my time and effort into signing petitions and trying to change the makers decisions. It's their game, and they make changes as they see fit from their artistic visions, just like it's my freedom not to buy it. The time for you to voice your opinion is in the marketplace, not in a way of "If I don't like it, then nobody should have it!". I also believe the waste majority of those who would get turned off by such changes would take that approach rather than going on a crusade to get it altered. I mean, just buy Soul Calibur 6 instead if jiggly physics is so important to you (or Senran Kagura if you want to go all out). If a potential niche will become open when DoA alter their focus, then somebody will fill that gap. This is why the free market is the ultimate democracy where the loudest voices doesn't cancel out the wants of the people.

Anyways, to bring it back to the topic. Even if I admittedly would like to have options regarding boob sliders or jiggly physics (I'm always positive towards free choice no matter what), I'll survive without it. I also hope they implement optional gore functions if there's a lot of blood. I always turned it off when I played Dragon Age, as the Mortal Kombat feel isn't really my cup of tea. The Injustice wounds where you could see the muscle cells under the skin from injury also wasn't something I particularity liked, and would like the options to turn off. Regarding of how intense those things gets (within the options to select) matters way more to me than the size of the women's bosoms. On the other side, the Mortal Kombat crew really enjoy that stuff, and maybe it would be wiser of them to attract that audience by going more towards hardcore fatalities while leaving my preferences behind. Basically sales matter more than what some few individuals believe very strongly, the question is if it's worth the change if they already have a stable fan base and niche well secured, and won't be able to penetrate those new markets as those wants and needs are already viewed as fulfilled at a higher level by other fighting games (my bias here is that I don't want them to become Mortal Kombat/Injustice, as I dislike those games despite it being fairly popular, just for your information).
Long winded but... The words of a SJW Feminist logical consumer and DOA fan. With that I think this subject needs to be buried again until someone resurrects it with black magic like Lisa in DOA6.

Jadeinchains

How are they even going to bring her back? It seemed pretty clear that she died in 5.
...and deader.

tenor.gif
Yup.

Long winded but... The words of a SJW Feminist logical consumer and DOA fan. With that I think this subject needs to be buried again until someone resurrects it with black magic like Lisa in DOA6.

...save me.
Lisa made all these hot beats just for you and this is how you repay her?

@Crext and yes they've said that jiggle physics will be in the game and there will be an option to turn off the blood etc. But anyway I feel the same as @NewWestFan that that conversation can be buried for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD